End of Life Clutter, Crap, Stuff & Purging

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: End of Life Clutter, Crap, Stuff & Purging
Finally got around to uncluttering the last of my mom's jewelry, after letting everyone else choose whatever pieces they wanted. Took it to a place that buys such things, and I'm rid of it.

Interestingly, there was a crown pin with rhinestones that I had been vacillating on because I remembered it from childhood, but for some reason I just couldn't get enthusiastic about keeping it for myself. All the metals from the mystery jewelry were tested yesterday, and it turns out that that particular pin was set in lead. Seriously, WTF is up with making jewelry out of lead? It was trivially easy to let go of it, as I'm not a Pb fan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 12:27 PM
(09-01-2017 12:17 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Finally got around to uncluttering the last of my mom's jewelry, after letting everyone else choose whatever pieces they wanted. Took it to a place that buys such things, and I'm rid of it.

Interestingly, there was a crown pin with rhinestones that I had been vacillating on because I remembered it from childhood, but for some reason I just couldn't get enthusiastic about keeping it for myself. All the metals from the mystery jewelry were tested yesterday, and it turns out that that particular pin was set in lead. Seriously, WTF is up with making jewelry out of lead? It was trivially easy to let go of it, as I'm not a Pb fan.

So, you got the lead out? Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-01-2017, 01:11 PM
After my father died and my mother went into a home, I was tasked with the unenviable assignment of clearing out a 4-bedroom house that had been their home for 40 years, so I can certainly relate.

Since then I have been an avid de-clutterer.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post