End of days TV show?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
End of days TV show?
Have any of you folks watched the "End of days." (or something along those lines) TV show on one of the Christian channels? It comes on every Sat night at 10pm I think.

My step-father (a pastor) made the whole family watch it over Thanksgiving weekend. Basically, the guy tries to explain how we are in the "end time" just before the second coming. This particular show had him bringing up all these dates and talking about how there would be so many years between the coming of the false prophet and antichrist and the building of the temple in Israel and so forth. He even tried giving examples of things Obama and other leaders are doing that is in line with the biblical prophecies. He said that the roman sacking of Jerusalem after Jesus died was proof positive that the timeline has started. And at the same time confirming him as the true savior. What a coincidence.

All of the family was hanging on this guy's every word like he was spitting gold. Every Sat night this happens. It was filled with too many numbers and story arch for me to form a competent argument about it. I would like to be able to see it again when I am more prepared.

Have any of you folks viewed this circus? It was interesting. He went into more detail than most of the televangelist types I have seen. I thought my step-dad was the only one crazy enough to whip out the calculator and bounce back and forth through several books to prove a point. Apparently I was mistaken.

"Your mind is twice a valuable as your body. And your ears are twice as valuable as your mouth. People will pay you based on which you use." - A very smart old lawyer
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: End of days TV show?
Theist are not stupid, at least subconsciously they avoid reading the bible and trying to prove parts, least it interferes with their faith and I'm the center of the universe megalomania.
If this show confirms their assent to heaven then any counter evidence will be heard as BLa bla bla bla.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
03-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Haven't we been in the 'end of days' for something like two millenia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dat...tic_events

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
(03-12-2013 10:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Haven't we been in the 'end of days' for something like two millenia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dat...tic_events

Apparently we're in the 'parentheses' between Daniel's 69th and 70th weeks, or some bullshit like that. I love it when Christians fight about this shit. Nothing like an end times debate to incite the mudslinging.
04-12-2013, 01:34 AM
A cult of human sacrifice that desires the death of everyone around them so they can be saved and taken to heaven.

Does it get any more fucked up than that ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results