EndTimes, Christian reasoning....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: EndTimes, Christian reasoning....
Grr. So annoying. The news report was actually interesting about how the book was found and all, but frikken 30 seconds in she's going on about eerie coincidences and psalm 84 and her next guest. Angry Goddammit I wanted to hear more about the book.

... I haven't watched the rest, maybe her next guest was an expert associated with the book or something? Fuck. Fuck stupid newsreaders and their fucking eerie coincidences. Eerie bitch Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 11:42 AM
(03-08-2012 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 11:07 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  People that go through exhaustive mental gymnastics to prove to themselves that the Earth/Universe is/are 6000 years old and that evolution is a myth, are not demonstrating reason. They are deluding themselves with false premises and regurgitating doctrine to reinforce something they already believe.

Even if that's the case, a single instance of this defines them?

Do single actions define you?
A single instance of this defines you, doesn't it?

"I'm completely inept in all aspects of everything without God's perfect planning of my life."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-08-2012, 11:45 AM
http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=reason&o=0&l=dir

According to the dictionary definition, they do use reason. They may have faulty logic, but they are still using a form of logic to come to their conclusions, aside from those who just take the Bible as true and don't try to explain why or how it is true...

There are also plenty of Christians capable of using valid reason, they just refuse to use it with regard to their beliefs about god.

Better without God, and happier too.
03-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Yea - I wanted to see more about finding the book. I'm thinking it wasn't found "opened" to any page - if that were the case, I'm sure most of this book would have been destroyed. That may have been the one page they just happened to open it up to - big deal. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
(03-08-2012 11:42 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Even if that's the case, a single instance of this defines them?

Do single actions define you?
A single instance of this defines you, doesn't it?

"I'm completely inept in all aspects of everything without God's perfect planning of my life."

I had a response, but I erased it. I'm not going to derail another topic with someone else. Again, why are my beliefs being brought up in yet another topic?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
(03-08-2012 12:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I had a response, but I erased it. I'm not going to derail another topic with someone else. Again, why are my beliefs being brought up in yet another topic?
You brought up the question as to whether or not one instance of delusion defines a person. My answer relates to that quite well, because according to you, your delusion defines your entire life.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-08-2012, 12:23 PM
(03-08-2012 12:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I had a response, but I erased it. I'm not going to derail another topic with someone else. Again, why are my beliefs being brought up in yet another topic?
You brought up the question as to whether or not one instance of delusion defines a person. My answer relates to that quite well, because according to you, your delusion defines your entire life.

No, it's fine. But let's not derail this. Let's start a new topic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I found it odd that the people they brought on air to talk about this remarkable find in a peat bog hadn't even heard of the story.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was told that I would have time to talk about my book. That's why I'm here. What's this about some psalms in a book from 1000 yrs ago ?"
It's going to take years to figure out what was written in the book, but we all know what our current bible says in Psalms. Tell us about the End Times.

"Well, I've written a fictional story and we've found that people are more likely to accept a fictional story than a real story with lots of unbelievable things in it"
You've sold millions of copies so you must know what you're talking about. Plus millions of people who support you by buying your books can't be wrong.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-08-2012, 06:28 AM
(03-08-2012 12:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 12:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You brought up the question as to whether or not one instance of delusion defines a person. My answer relates to that quite well, because according to you, your delusion defines your entire life.

No, it's fine. But let's not derail this. Let's start a new topic.

Is this going to be on how this line of reasoning is valid? Drinking Beverage

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp