Ending neg reps.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 09:21 PM
RE: Ending neg reps.
(04-04-2013 09:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  No worries. To show my appreciation, I gave Girly a -2 for his humor! Thumbsup

Nice to know some people have got my back.

@Girlie Tongue

Miss Bawdy, someone is using your avatar on another thread "Deconvereted"... I feel nauseous Hobo

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 09:40 PM
(04-04-2013 09:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  No worries. To show my appreciation, I gave Girly a -2 for his humor! Thumbsup

Nice to know some people have got my back.

@Girlie Tongue

the fuck else we gonna do, Mom.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
(04-04-2013 09:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 09:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Nice to know some people have got my back.

@Girlie Tongue

the fuck else we gonna do, Mom.

Well we got some embassy's that are not currently on fire. We could remedy said situation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-04-2013, 10:20 PM
(04-04-2013 09:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 09:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Nice to know some people have got my back.

@Girlie Tongue

Miss Bawdy, someone is using your avatar on another thread "Deconvereted"... I feel nauseous Hobo

:/ Really?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

04-04-2013, 10:22 PM
While I readily forgave girlie...I'm actually a little hurt that Muffs gave me a neg rep...

Yes...I do see the irony...and I don't care. Undecided

04-04-2013, 11:22 PM

(04-04-2013 07:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Much to everyone's surprise, I am actually in favor of eliminating neg reps.

Negative reps has served a slightly useful purpose by creating a sort of "red flag" for spotting trolls. However, I've also, at times, seen a good, solid argument pretty much ignored because the poster is automatically seen as not-so-credible.

For the most part though, neg rep has just caused problems. Most of it amounts to a bunch of whining, though there is still a healthy portion of serious losses due to the system. Plus, I don't know about you all, but I sure. Old do with a little less whining sometimes.

I say, get rid of negative rep. Maintain the ability to delete rep you've given. Then dole out more rep credits and encourage people to use it more effectively, as in, giving an appropriate amount of rep. Then we can still look at rep as an indicator of ones credibility by observing their rep in comparison to their number of posts. At the same time, we can encourage a little bit of if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say type behavior.

Savvy?

It's so nice to see you posting. Please come and join my forum. I will never say that to anyone else--you can be sure. I don't even care if you don't post. I'll even make you an honorary senior global mod. And you don't have to do any mod duties at all. You are special.

I think the rep system is ridiculous. I think only me and Blowme are negative rep, and we are the theists. So, where's the credibility? I have -21. I'm proud of it. I'm a theist in an atheist forum with a bunch of leftovers from Raving Atheist. The guy who started "veridicanism.com" is in here, for Christ's sake. My neg rep is really a positive rep. Seriously: If I had positive rep, I'd start making terrorist threats if I had to.

I keeel you all! I keeel you all!

I know, KC is supposed to be a theist, but let's face it, he doesn't really act like one, does he? So, of course, he has all these positive rep points. QED!

(04-04-2013 07:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I think it is a useful tool. If kids only get trophies and never criticism...

It's stupid. Put out there by stupid mods. I'm doing away with it entirely on my forum. And leave it to you to assume we are children. Again--Stupid is as stupid deeuhs.

(04-04-2013 08:01 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I gotta say, at the risk of doing something so drastic it risks tearing a hole in the fabric of time and space, I'm gonna agree with Chas. I think the rep system, whilst used a little frivolously at times, is generally fine in it's current form. Besides, on a forum populated by adults and mostly more mature teenagers we should be able to have something like a rep system without it dissolving into WW3, I'd rather not treat people like children by removing stuff like that.

We never leave cliquey little high school do we?

(04-04-2013 08:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm quite proud of my neg reps!

Granted. That is the fly in my argument's ointment. I actually see my neg rep as a positive thing. I'm not actually against gays, but I'm thinking of starting to post stuff like that just to get some more neg reps. There's a lot of gays in here.
Evil_monster
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
(04-04-2013 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 07:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Much to everyone's surprise, I am actually in favor of eliminating neg reps.

Negative reps has served a slightly useful purpose by creating a sort of "red flag" for spotting trolls. However, I've also, at times, seen a good, solid argument pretty much ignored because the poster is automatically seen as not-so-credible.

For the most part though, neg rep has just caused problems. Most of it amounts to a bunch of whining, though there is still a healthy portion of serious losses due to the system. Plus, I don't know about you all, but I sure. Old do with a little less whining sometimes.

I say, get rid of negative rep. Maintain the ability to delete rep you've given. Then dole out more rep credits and encourage people to use it more effectively, as in, giving an appropriate amount of rep. Then we can still look at rep as an indicator of ones credibility by observing their rep in comparison to their number of posts. At the same time, we can encourage a little bit of if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say type behavior.

Savvy?

It's so nice to see you posting. Please come and join my forum. I will never say that to anyone else--you can be sure. I don't even care if you don't post. I'll even make you an honorary senior global mod. And you don't have to do any mod duties at all. You are special.

I think the rep system is ridiculous. I think only me and Blowme are negative rep, and we are the theists. So, where's the credibility? I have -21. I'm proud of it. I'm a theist in an atheist forum with a bunch of leftovers from Raving Atheist. The guy who started "veridicanism.com" is in here, for Christ's sake. My neg rep is really a positive rep. Seriously: If I had positive rep, I'd start making terrorist threats if I had to.

I keeel you all! I keeel you all!

I know, KC is supposed to be a theist, but let's face it, he doesn't really act like one, does he? So, of course, he has all these positive rep points. QED!

(04-04-2013 07:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I think it is a useful tool. If kids only get trophies and never criticism...

It's stupid. Put out there by stupid mods. I'm doing away with it entirely on my forum. And leave it to you to assume we are children. Again--Stupid is as stupid deeuhs.

(04-04-2013 08:01 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I gotta say, at the risk of doing something so drastic it risks tearing a hole in the fabric of time and space, I'm gonna agree with Chas. I think the rep system, whilst used a little frivolously at times, is generally fine in it's current form. Besides, on a forum populated by adults and mostly more mature teenagers we should be able to have something like a rep system without it dissolving into WW3, I'd rather not treat people like children by removing stuff like that.

We never leave cliquey little high school do we?

(04-04-2013 08:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm quite proud of my neg reps!

Granted. That is the fly in my argument's ointment. I actually see my neg rep as a positive thing. I'm not actually against gays, but I'm thinking of starting to post stuff like that just to get some more neg reps. There's a lot of gays in here.
Evil_monster

It's interesting you say your willing to be disingenuous about anything -- even in jest, yet just earlier you claim KC isn't a real Christian. How ironic.

04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
(04-04-2013 05:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've never given anyone a negative rep. I just put them on ignore.

I've never given anyone a negative rep. I've never put anyone on ignore. I just ignore them.Big Grin

I like the rep system both positive and negative.

Maybe I will introduce it to my Chinese forums one day, which I regularly visit.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 4 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
05-04-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm breaking my own protocol and rule, and I'm actually going to stop actively ignoring you, Ed. Just this once... after that, I'll most of the time passover or scroll past your posts.

Also, don't bother to respond... unlike others, I'm not going to be drawn in by your empty drivel. After this I'll leave you to your continued downward spiral of irrelevance and continued masturbation of your ego.

You say I don't act like a theist? Deductive reasoning says you mean because I associate and interact with atheists in a friendly manner. And, this is reflected by my positive rep.

If treating others with respect isn't acting like a theist, then I guess I'm not a theist. If reflecting a TRUE Christ-like nature to ALL people regardless of who they are isn't acting like a theist, then I guess I'm not a theist.

So, Ed... then question is begged, "How should a theist act?"

I use deductive reasoning again and assume the answer is, "Like Edward J Gordon."

But see... here in lies the problem... if acting like a theist means acting like you, I want to be anything but a theist. In fact, Ed, whatever god you serve I don't want anything to do him. If your god is any reflection of you, I would rather have my fingernails ripped off than serve the vile creature that you serve and you claim to embody you.

You blaspheme Christ and His teachings, with your cult of Veridicanism while at the same time spitting in the face of true Christianity by claiming your cult is "of Christ".

Truth be told, Ed, you are a theist... but you are atheistic towards Christ. You only believe and serve one god - Edward J Gordon - and, if that's what it means to be a theist, then consider me an atheist with a capital "A".

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 12 users Like kingschosen's post
05-04-2013, 12:43 AM
(05-04-2013 12:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm breaking my own protocol and rule, and I'm actually going to stop actively ignoring you, Ed. Just this once... after that, I'll most of the time passover or scroll past your posts.

Also, don't bother to respond... unlike others, I'm not going to be drawn in by your empty drivel. After this I'll leave you to your continued downward spiral of irrelevance and continued masturbation of your ego.

You say I don't act like a theist? Deductive reasoning says you mean because I associate and interact with atheists in a friendly manner. And, this is reflected by my positive rep.

If treating others with respect isn't acting like a theist, then I guess I'm not a theist. If reflecting a TRUE Christ-like nature to ALL people regardless of who they are isn't acting like a theist, then I guess I'm not a theist.

So, Ed... then question is begged, "How should a theist act?"

I use deductive reasoning again and assume the answer is, "Like Edward J Gordon."

But see... here in lies the problem... if acting like a theist means acting like you, I want to be anything but a theist. In fact, Ed, whatever god you serve I don't want anything to do him. If your god is any reflection of you, I would rather have my fingernails ripped off than serve the vile creature that you serve and you claim to embody you.

You blaspheme Christ and His teachings, with your cult of Veridicanism while at the same time spitting in the face of true Christianity by claiming your cult is "of Christ".

Truth be told, Ed, you are a theist... but you are atheistic towards Christ. You only believe and serve one god - Edward J Gordon - and, if that's what it means to be a theist, then consider me an atheist with a capital "A".

PWNT!!!

[Image: kickboxing_kospin.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post