Engagement rings....WHY?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: Engagement rings....WHY?
(11-01-2016 11:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 09:33 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Everything bolded is an excessive waste of money IMO. As far as gifts, it's up to the giver what to give. If the father chooses to give those things then good for him. Ultimately I strongly believe that people should be able to choose how to spend their own money (without strong pressure to follow customs or trends).

E.g. I plan to tell guests at my wedding that they are under no obligation to bring gifts.

Yes, everything bolded is excessive. But when money is off the table as the limiting factor, then not getting the ring is just a principle that the man is holding. And if he refuses to compromise (when it's something that she really wants), then it boils down to him pushing his values onto her and her being forced to accept it.

She sounds like the type that will divorce and sue him for everything he's got.

Oh and men, take it from a more than 2 decade touring road dog. Women cheat all the time. Far more than men. I have literally seen it 1000's of times.

So beware.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 08:01 PM
(13-01-2016 06:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 11:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yes, everything bolded is excessive. But when money is off the table as the limiting factor, then not getting the ring is just a principle that the man is holding. And if he refuses to compromise (when it's something that she really wants), then it boils down to him pushing his values onto her and her being forced to accept it.

She sounds like the type that will divorce and sue him for everything he's got.

Oh and men, take it from a more than 2 decade touring road dog. Women cheat all the time. Far more than men. I have literally seen it 1000's of times.

So beware.

I don't think women cheat more than men or that men cheat more than women. I think it's based on the person. I'm a woman and I have never and would never cheat on a boyfriend. I would leave a rship before it got to that point.

A reason you could have seen so many women cheating when you were touring on the road is possibly because of the atmosphere (alcohol/drugs/party atmosphere/fan obsession) that is involved. I'm not saying all concert-going females are like this, I'm just saying there could be some precipitating factors at work. You know I love you Wink --but I think simply saying women cheat more than men is an unfair statement.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
13-01-2016, 08:18 PM
(13-01-2016 08:01 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't think women cheat more than men or that men cheat more than women. I think it's based on the person. I'm a woman and I have never and would never cheat on a boyfriend. I would leave a rship before it got to that point.

A reason you could have seen so many women cheating when you were touring on the road is possibly because of the atmosphere (alcohol/drugs/party atmosphere/fan obsession) that is involved. I'm not saying all concert-going females are like this, I'm just saying there could be some precipitating factors at work. You know I love you Wink --but I think simply saying women cheat more than men is an unfair statement.

While I also love you, my experience differs. I am sure you are great and honest. But women actually go across town on their Girls night out where they are unknown. Pick up a musician or a singer (Note I show a difference) and take them wherever and screw them. Night after night over 20 years. Especially in the bush. This is planned.

On the male side I have witnessed the opposite. So many broken hearted men who had been faithful. It happened to me even. I had been living with a woman for 3 years. I went on a 4 month tour and when I arrived home she was 2 months pregnant. Big Grin

This is why I remain a bachelor. I've seen so many divorces too. And so many men congratulate me on my wise choice.

I married music. Like Duke Ellington said, Music is my mistress.

Women also have more opportunity as so many men likely fail.

BTW, it's good to be the drummer. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 08:27 PM
(13-01-2016 08:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 08:01 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't think women cheat more than men or that men cheat more than women. I think it's based on the person. I'm a woman and I have never and would never cheat on a boyfriend. I would leave a rship before it got to that point.

While I also love you, my experience differs. I am sure you are great and honest. But women actually go across town on their Girls night out where they are unknown. Pick up a musician or a singer (Note I show a difference) and take them wherever and screw them. Night after night over 20 years. Especially in the bush. This is planned.

On the male side I have witnessed the opposite. So many broken hearted men who had been faithful. It happened to me even. I had been living with a woman for 3 years. I went on a 4 month tour and when I arrived home she was 2 months pregnant. Big Grin

This is why I remain a bachelor. I've seen so many divorces too. And so many men congratulate me on my wise choice.

I married music. Like Duke Ellington said, Music is my mistress.

Women also have more opportunity as so many men likely fail.

BTW, it's good to be the drummer. Wink

As with anything, everyone has their own experiences. I have been cheated on before and the people doing the cheating were men. I have friends that have been cheated on by husbands and boyfriends. I also have seen women cheat on bf/husbands. That said, based on personal experience, I probably know of more situations where the males have cheated. But even based on my personal experience, I still don't believe *all* men cheat more than women. I still believe it's based on the person and not something that is gender-specific.
14-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Cheating men are pigs...
Cheating women are simply neglected angels... Or some crap

Statistics actually show that regardless of sex, the breadwinner is more likely to be cheated on.

Maybe they feel worth less and need a boost... Maybe the breadwinner is always busy.. Who knows. I just know I'm paid less than my girlfriend, and I have no intention of cheating... Even though the damn she-vultures start circling the moment I'm in a happy relationship.

Anyway, I stayed friends with my ex who cheated. She tells me about the random guy she banged on a jetski, and the new guy at work who she fucked on her bosses desk... And her boss who she fucked on her bosses desk. But she suffers from some pretty obvious manic/depressive states, so for her It's just availability I guess. I'm a good looking guy, and I'd have less success in random hookups than a below average looking woman would, were we both so inclined to simply ask around... And she's definitely not average, so she can probably have whoever she wants (and has said so... Not sure what response she expected from that, but it wasn't "congratulations?") So even if there were slightly less women willing to cheat than men (which may not even be the case), the ease of access to random dick could probably make up for it.

It really must be nice though, for a 4 or 5 girl to have easier access to a 9 or 10 guy... While all the 4 and 5 guys are settling for mutant Walmart creatures.

It may sound bitter, but it's really not. I've never been interested in random ass, and I doubt anything could pull me away from my girlfriend... She's definitely the one for me.
[+] 5 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-01-2016, 12:51 AM
(13-01-2016 08:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  As with anything, everyone has their own experiences. I have been cheated on before and the people doing the cheating were men. I have friends that have been cheated on by husbands and boyfriends. I also have seen women cheat on bf/husbands. That said, based on personal experience, I probably know of more situations where the males have cheated. But even based on my personal experience, I still don't believe *all* men cheat more than women. I still believe it's based on the person and not something that is gender-specific.

were the men cheating with other men, or women?

Over twenty years gigging teaches one a few things. Tongue

Women protest too much methinks. Wink

Banjo.
14-01-2016, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 08:47 AM by jennybee.)
(14-01-2016 12:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 08:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  As with anything, everyone has their own experiences. I have been cheated on before and the people doing the cheating were men. I have friends that have been cheated on by husbands and boyfriends. I also have seen women cheat on bf/husbands. That said, based on personal experience, I probably know of more situations where the males have cheated. But even based on my personal experience, I still don't believe *all* men cheat more than women. I still believe it's based on the person and not something that is gender-specific.

were the men cheating with other men, or women?

The men were cheating with women. But the men were married or in rships and the women were single. I'm not saying the women were innocent because they knew the guys were in rships, but the guys were the ones who were being dishonest to their wives/gfs by screwing around with other women.

I'm sure you have seen a lot on the road. And I'm sure there was a lot of sex and a lot of women offering themselves up. But it takes two people to cheat. The men slept with the women too. I also find it hard to believe that none of the male musicians who were out on the road cheated on their wives or gfs. I mean come on, I'm sure that happened on occasion. Wink

Not protesting too much, just don't like being lumped in with broad brush statements about a whole gender, when I myself am of that gender and take pride in the fact that I don't cheat, have never cheated, and would not cheat on a husband or bf. I also know many women who are not cheaters and value their marriage, their families, and their rships.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-01-2016, 08:54 AM
(14-01-2016 08:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 12:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  were the men cheating with other men, or women?

The men were cheating with women. But the men were married or in rships and the women were single. I'm not saying the women were innocent because they knew the guys were in rships, but the guys were the ones who were being dishonest to their wives/gfs by screwing around with other women.

I'm sure you have seen a lot on the road. And I'm sure there was a lot of sex and a lot of women offering themselves up. But it takes two people to cheat. The men slept with the women too. I also find it hard to believe that none of the male musicians who were out on the road cheated on their wives or gfs. I mean come on, I'm sure that happened on occasion. Wink

Not protesting too much, just don't like being lumped in with broad brush statements about a whole gender, when I myself am of that gender and take pride in the fact that I don't cheat, have never cheated, and would not cheat on a husband or bf. I also know many women who are not cheaters and value their marriage, their families, and their rships.

Those women were aware of their actions. They are equally guilty and were probably cheating on those guys too.

I've seen this thousands of times. My warning is for the men anyway. The women know of what I speak.

Banjo.
14-01-2016, 09:30 AM
(14-01-2016 08:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 08:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The men were cheating with women. But the men were married or in rships and the women were single. I'm not saying the women were innocent because they knew the guys were in rships, but the guys were the ones who were being dishonest to their wives/gfs by screwing around with other women.

Those women were aware of their actions. They are equally guilty and were probably cheating on those guys too.

I've seen this thousands of times. My warning is for the men anyway. The women know of what I speak.

I wasn't saying the single women who cheated with married men weren't guilty. I was saying the men who were married or in rships were guilty *and* were being additionally dishonest and hurtful to their wives/gfs. It seems you place all blame on the women and not much on the men. I do think if you have that mindset, it could appear that more women are cheaters.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-01-2016, 09:32 AM
I think it's way too easy to lump all men and women into cateories. I wascheated on repeatedly and often by my ex husband so it's easy to get into the mindset that all men are scum.

But my boyfriend now is incredibly amazing and reminds me that people are just people, not clumps.

I could never cheat on someone. I never have nor could I. I can't imagine hurting someone like that.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post