English is not enough...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: English is not enough...
Yeah, those are real English words. I've come across them while reading books from the 18th and early 19th century. Usually the editions I've read were based on late 19th century editions of the works, but were mostly unchanged but for some obsolete characters and spellings.

English used to have many more such words, but they've fallen out of favour for whatever reason. I still like overmorrow. It's neater than the day after tomorrow.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2013, 02:16 AM
But English already tricks other unsuspecting languages into dark back alleys, then mugs and molests then for a selection of random vocabulary. Do we really need to encourage more of this behavior? No, I do not.

So make sure to teach your English speaking children to not rape other languages, thank you. Angel

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
25-11-2013, 03:50 AM
(25-11-2013 02:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But English already tricks other unsuspecting languages into dark back alleys, then mugs and molests then for a selection of random vocabulary. Do we really need to encourage more of this behavior? No, I do not.

So make sure to teach your English speaking children to not rape other languages, thank you. Angel

Are you saying that linguistic evolution kills other languages?

See what I did there?

Ohmy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post