English people are very stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2015, 07:12 PM
English people are very stupid.
I am sorry, but this is just a million steps to far:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/1143...ry-MP.html

Quote:I know what would solve crisis in the NHS, says Tory MP: astrology

Quote: A Tory MP has claimed NHS over-crowding could be solved by doctors using astrology to treat patients.

David Tredinnick said consulting the stars would "take huge pressure off doctors" and predicts astrology will "have a role to play in healthcare."

The MP for Bosworth in Leicestershire also admitted he had prepared astrological charts for fellow MPs.

In an interview with this month's Astrological Journal, the controversial MP said: "There would be a huge row over resources.

"However, I do believe that astrology and complementary medicine would help take the huge pressure off doctors.

I.... ahhhm.... I... what?! I lack the words...

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!

What kind of place elects a fucking imbecilic moron like that into parlaiment!???

What the fuck is wrong with you people?!

Worst thing is that this isnt some excuse by a tory to make cuts to the budget. No. this guy is actualy fucking serious about implementing astrology into the national health service of the UK.

And you people used to have an empire!!!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like The Germans are coming's post
01-03-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: English people are very stupid.
Well, in fairness, a certain MP in Germany did think that starting the biggest war in history and committing genocide was the solution to Germany's economic and social problems...

So, we'll call it 1 all.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Sam's post
01-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Anyone with an ounce of political nous would be quick to capitalise on this, hence:

Quote:On Tuesday rival politicians were quick to slam Tredinnick's latest comments.

Liberal Democrat councillor for Hinckley Michael Mullaney, who is standing against Tredinnick in the General Election, said: "Will Mr Tredinnick ever stop?

"With all his talk about astrology he is letting local people down by denying them a voice in Parliament on the big issues.

"We need an MP who will speak up on the importance of employment, decent wages, pensions, improving the education system, transport issues, saving green spaces.

"What we don't need is an MP who is making our area a laughing stock with his utterly ridiculous obsession with astrology."

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2015, 01:10 AM
I find it hilarious to compare with the kind of scandals you get in Germany.

Minister faces PhD plagiarism allegations

Quote:On Wednesday development minister Gerd Müller became the latest in a line of German ministers to face plagiarism allegations over their doctorate works.

Another FDP politician stripped of doctorate in plagiarism affair

Quote:Another high-profile politician of the pro-business Free Democratic Party, Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, has been stripped of his university doctorate amid a plagiarism scandal but has vowed to write another thesis if necessary.

Koch-Mehrin resigns due to plagiarism row

Quote:Free Democrats MEP Silvana Koch-Mehrin resigned from all her party positions, and her job as Vice President of the European Parliament on Wednesday evening in the wake of a scandal of alleged plagiarism in her doctoral thesis.

Education minister loses doctorate for plagiarism

Quote:The University of Düsseldorf on Tuesday evening stripped German Education and Research Minister Annette Schavan of her doctorate for plagiarism.

An academic committee debated for hours whether to revoke her title for copying passages of her 1980 thesis “Person and Conscience” without citing sources. They found her guilty of “systematic and premeditated” deception.

Although Schavan's lawyer immediate said she would appeal the decision, it’s unclear whether the conservative Christian Democrat can survive as Germany’s top education official.

Website finds huge parts of Guttenberg's thesis plagiarized

Quote:Embattled German Defence Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg plagiarized huge chunks of his legal thesis, according to a new internet site.

Sometimes I ask myself, wouldn't it be a good idea if we elected people in the UK who were actually qualified to do the job? Like you know, someone with at least an economics degree to become chancellor of the exchequer?

Naaah! Instead we'll have historians, lawyers and toffs from Eton who have never done an honest day's work in their lives.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
02-03-2015, 06:02 AM
So one MP. Who has spouted these things before and been shot down on many occasions, is justification to call all english people stupid?

He only represents Leicestershire, those who voted for him are the ones to blame.

He must be doing other things right, he has been their MP for almost twenty years.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
02-03-2015, 07:13 AM
(02-03-2015 06:02 AM)bemore Wrote:  He must be doing other things right, he has been their MP for almost twenty years.

I'd like to think so but in some areas it's just the colour of the rosette that counts. You could put a goat up for election in my area and as long as it wore a red rosette it would get voted in.

Have to agree with Mathilda, I wish we could have politicians who are qualified for their posts rather than over privileged Etonians and career politicians who seek power and wealth rather than actually functioning in any constructive and socially conscious way.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
02-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Ohhhhh, so this is where us Americans inherited our affinity for electing incompetent lunatics with airheads for brains.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
02-03-2015, 07:54 AM
(01-03-2015 09:14 PM)Sam Wrote:  Well, in fairness, a certain MP in Germany did think that starting the biggest war in history and committing genocide was the solution to Germany's economic and social problems...

So, we'll call it 1 all.

Yet Germany is probably the safest country for Jews in Europe right now.

Hitler was a peculiar and sometimes cognitively dissonant human being. He was oblivious to certain aspects of reality. He is not a good example to represent Germany.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-03-2015, 02:52 PM
(02-03-2015 07:54 AM)Blackout Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 09:14 PM)Sam Wrote:  Well, in fairness, a certain MP in Germany did think that starting the biggest war in history and committing genocide was the solution to Germany's economic and social problems...

So, we'll call it 1 all.

Yet Germany is probably the safest country for Jews in Europe right now.

Hitler was a peculiar and sometimes cognitively dissonant human being. He was oblivious to certain aspects of reality. He is not a good example to represent Germany.

What makes you think I was talking about Hitler?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Pretending that decisions are based on some supernatural force is a convenient way for a politician to ignore his/her constituents desires. Politicians of all nations will pretend to believe in things just because it is expedient to do so. The constituents that constantly fall for this tactic are the real dummies.