Enough is enough

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Enough is enough
1:34 "The days when domestic violence was something that happened behind closed doors and was no one else's business are long gone, It's everyone's business.

http://www.whiteribbon.org.au/

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
25-11-2013, 01:12 PM
(24-11-2013 03:27 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am still at my mom's, but will be on the way home in a few hours. He's not getting to me in a way that means I would ever go back to him or that I would ever let him hurt me physically again. The baby thing really gets to me emotionally though. Is he going to love this woman and treat her right? Is he going to be there for this baby? If so, what makes them better than us? What makes them a family worth keeping together? Was it really that he just hated me and outside our marriage he's actually this great guy? Is there something wrong with me? Am I unlovable? Did I not deserve to be treated right? Did I not deserve to be loved or to be happy? I know it sounds stupid but I can't stop thinking about it.

It sounds to me that you are looking for a reason to blame yourself for the relationship going sour. You need to stop that. You left him for the perfectly valid reason that he was a horrible husband too you. How he treats this new girl is irrelevant.
[+] 6 users Like Heywood Jahblome's post
25-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Man that's a tight spot. Something I've noticed and slowly coming to terms with: You cannot win against god.

Forget your mom and your ex. You're really doing battle with god. No amount of logic and reason will work. No explanation, no appeal to your well being and feelings, no nothing! They'll hear everything you say and the first words to fall out their mouths will be, "But God...". Thus, YOU CANNOT WIN AGAINST GOD!

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
28-11-2013, 01:37 AM
I broke off contact with my biological father because I couldn't take the emotional abuse from his (at the time) second wife. I literally didn't see or talk to him the entire time I was in middle or high school, and it was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. I wasn't going to deal with her shit anymore, and my father chose her over his continued contact with me; his lose.

Turns out she was cheating on him too, so there ya go. Undecided

Sorry I don't have anything more constructive than that to offer you, other than you can (and sometimes need to) cut off contact with those that hurt you; family included.

Stay safe, and I hope you find peace.
-Kyle

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Thanks guys. Tonight I think I will just have some drinks and forget it all.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
28-11-2013, 01:58 AM
(28-11-2013 01:51 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Thanks guys. Tonight I think I will just have some drinks and forget it all.

Add me to your drunk dial list Wink

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
28-11-2013, 03:10 AM
(28-11-2013 01:51 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Thanks guys. Tonight I think I will just have some drinks and forget it all.

Booze don't make the hurt go away...believe me I know.
29-11-2013, 10:00 AM
(28-11-2013 03:10 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Booze don't make the hurt go away...believe me I know.

No, but it's an occasional relief. Some nights you just need to have some friends get drunk play cards and let your problems have a break. They'll still be there tomorrow.
29-11-2013, 10:30 AM
(29-11-2013 10:00 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
Some nights you just need to have some friends get drunk play cards and let your problems have a break. They'll still be there tomorrow.

Not if your problems include having too much money and having too much booze in the house.

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-11-2013, 10:33 AM
(29-11-2013 10:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 10:00 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
Some nights you just need to have some friends get drunk play cards and let your problems have a break. They'll still be there tomorrow.

Not if your problems include having too much money and having too much booze in the house.

Tongue

Love, if only I had problems like that I wouldn't have any problems at all lol.