Enough with American politics for a moment, lets talk Aleppo.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Enough with American politics for a moment, lets talk Aleppo.
Shit fucked up yo.
The Russians are flattening/flattened the city, without a care for the human civilian cost or international law, for the purpose of driving the inhabitants, who are pro-rebels, out so that the government can rebuild and move pro-government people in.

The Russians did it with Chechnya and now they're helping the Syrian government do it with eastern Aleppo.

30,000 - 100,000 estimated dead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-12-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Enough with American politics for a moment, lets talk Aleppo.
Isn't there a guy here who lives there? kerimf I think?

#sigh
14-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Little known fact....

Allepo is Syrian for "horse"....

And if it isn't, it should be.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-12-2016, 06:52 PM
While heartbreaking in the extreme this comes as no surprise. It's exactly what Assad and Putin said they would do.

Wars are won by willpower and nobody had the will to oppose Putin for fear of the repurcusions. A cruise missile to each of Assad's eyebrows might well have prevented this. It would have had some other pesky side-efects along the lines of creating a power vacuum in ISIS' backyard but he and Putin are being utterly useless on that front anyway.

Also, after years of fighting, most of the rebels that were left were as bad or worse than Assad. Aleppo has been a no-win situation for a long time where the civilians were guaranteed to lose.

Now the smart thing to do is:

- 1 Humanitarian aid where and if possible. Yeah, I know, it's a bandaid on a severred limb.

- 2 Charge Putin, Assad and all their cronies with Crimes Against Humanity. Make it so the fuckers can't set foot outside their countries for fear of an International Arrest Warrant.

- 3 Sanction them until they beg for mercy. Putin wants Soviet era imperialism? He can have Soviet era economics to go with it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
14-12-2016, 07:59 PM
It is truly horrifying and I read a few stores today that made me weep. Imagine trying to flee such horror??

I agree regarding 'putting a bandaid on a severed limb', but I intend to donate to Doctors without Borders.

Fuck Putin and Assad. Fuck them right in the ass.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
14-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Assad might find a tomahawk cruise missile up his ass shortly after January 20th.

Ashton Carter (a joke of a SecDef to us military guys) will soon be replaced by the Mad Dog.

Bye Felicia.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
14-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Hey Muffs. When one can trace these problems back to American imperialism, it is hard to ignore. Even more so now that America is in bed with Putin through the election of America's wanna be Musolini, Trump.

I watched the news this morning and was reminded of Lebanon.

Same shit. Different day.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
14-12-2016, 09:17 PM
You can put the "sad" in Assad, but you can't remove the "ass". Angry

Once again, this illustrates the ultimate failure of the UN to intervene as a peace-broker. The UN claims Assad won't let them into Syria—how pissweak is that? Does it maybe have any political connection with the US providing an estimated 80% of the organisation's funding?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
14-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Quote:Same shit. Different day.

With Drumpf it is same shit - different asshole.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
14-12-2016, 11:27 PM
As shitty as the situation is, with the rest of the world sitting around picking its nose, a stable Syria under the control of Assad is the best case scenario.

And we're not gonna be charging Putin or Assad with anything anytime soon. The ICC generally only charges black people with war crimes, and even in the case of small 3rd world countries lacks the teeth to actually get them to trial once it charges them.

Laws without a means of enforcement, international included, are merely suggestions.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post