Epic picture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Epic picture
Seth's recent video on intelligent design briefly features one of the most epic pictures I've ever seen. It's a one in a million shot of two male gorillas going head to head:

[Image: male_gorillas_fighting.jpg]

I found this by typing "gorillas fighting" into Google Images. I then did a reverse image search and found this article that talks about the context (fighting over a female) and who snapped the shot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l?ITO=1490
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like ghostexorcist's post
21-07-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Epic picture
Umm...whats a reverse image search?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
21-07-2013, 05:01 PM
To find where a pic was first posted on the interwebz. Like http://www.tineye.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2013, 05:03 PM
(21-07-2013 04:54 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Umm...whats a reverse image search?

http://images.google.com/

You can use a URL and search it by the URL of an image, it will then show you all results related to that image.

A normal search would be:

"Pictures of whales"

A reverse image search is:
"Here's the link to a picture of a whale, where did this come from?"

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
21-07-2013, 05:22 PM
i just click "go to site"
Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
21-07-2013, 05:24 PM
(21-07-2013 02:13 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Seth's recent video on intelligent design briefly features one of the most epic pictures I've ever seen. It's a one in a million shot of two male gorillas going head to head:

Sumo in the motherfucking raw. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2013, 05:33 PM
(21-07-2013 02:13 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Seth's recent video on intelligent design briefly features one of the most epic pictures I've ever seen. It's a one in a million shot of two male gorillas going head to head:

[Image: male_gorillas_fighting.jpg]

I found this by typing "gorillas fighting" into Google Images. I then did a reverse image search and found this article that talks about the context (fighting over a female) and who snapped the shot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l?ITO=1490

Go gorilla, kick that other gorillas ass!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-07-2013, 06:57 PM
(21-07-2013 05:22 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  i just click "go to site"
Drinking Beverage

The idea is to be able to figure out where an image perhaps came from. For instance.. if someone hosted a picture on a site like imageshack or imgur, you would have no idea of the original place it came from. Hence a reverse search will look for other sites where that picture exists.

Example:

"WOW what a cool avatar! That was from a movie.. i can't quite put my thumb on what that was..."

Right click... copy url to image, reverse search, instant results of pages containing said image, and likely one that contains said scene of movie.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
21-07-2013, 06:57 PM
*shiver*

They are so scary! Terrifying.
21-07-2013, 07:17 PM
(21-07-2013 06:57 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 05:22 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  i just click "go to site"
Drinking Beverage

The idea is to be able to figure out where an image perhaps came from. For instance.. if someone hosted a picture on a site like imageshack or imgur, you would have no idea of the original place it came from. Hence a reverse search will look for other sites where that picture exists.

Example:

"WOW what a cool avatar! That was from a movie.. i can't quite put my thumb on what that was..."

Right click... copy url to image, reverse search, instant results of pages containing said image, and likely one that contains said scene of movie.

i understood that in the first reply
Drinking Beverage
but thanx tho