Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
14-02-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
(13-02-2014 09:24 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 01:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  OK. So we've got an evil God type... why should we worship this twerp then ? Drich ?

And there it is. Dreck admits that his fairy tale monster is a fairy tale monster; not worth the admiration, honor, or worship of reasonable, moral people (like us atheists). So go fuck up a rope. Drich, you will never convince us to worship or even muster an iota of respect for your evil, capricious, malevolent, childish, murderous, fictional deity. We who value ethics and morality wouldn't ever stop that low.

I suppose he could double down on it, say that God is basically Cthulhu with a beard, and say that we should still totally genuflect to it. You can be scared of God. It also skirts around the Problem of Evil nicely.

Cthulhu gets around the Problem of Good because he's sleeping. Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-02-2014, 08:22 AM
(14-02-2014 03:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 09:24 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And there it is. Dreck admits that his fairy tale monster is a fairy tale monster; not worth the admiration, honor, or worship of reasonable, moral people (like us atheists). So go fuck up a rope. Drich, you will never convince us to worship or even muster an iota of respect for your evil, capricious, malevolent, childish, murderous, fictional deity. We who value ethics and morality wouldn't ever stop that low.

stoop*

Angel

*typo

Angel

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
14-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I saw "redefine evil" (shifting goalposts) and "biblical explanation" (circular definition, begging the question, special pleading, etc. etc.) in the OP and concluded that there will be more fallacies than logic in it. So I promptly (personally) classified this thread in the "Ramblings of the Delusional" section of my brain.

I did enjoy all your responses though. You led Drich on an epic tap-dance. My hats off to you all.Bowing

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post
14-02-2014, 09:58 PM
(13-02-2014 01:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  OK. So we've got an evil God type... why should we worship this twerp then ? Drich ?
What makes you think God is evil?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
14-02-2014, 10:01 PM
(13-02-2014 12:16 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  [quote]
Here's the difference between me and your god: I love my children unconditionally, so I am better than your god.
Actually you don't. There is a condition to your love. The children you supposedly love unconditionally must be yours. The same is true for God. We are not all His children. He loves all of His children and that love is boundless. But, again just because you draw breath does not make you a child of God.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
14-02-2014, 10:02 PM
(14-02-2014 09:58 PM)Drich Wrote:  
What makes you think God is evil?

You already admitted that your mythical fairy monster is malevolent. Try to keep up, idiot boy. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
14-02-2014, 10:04 PM
(14-02-2014 10:01 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:16 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Here's the difference between me and your god: I love my children unconditionally, so I am better than your god.
Actually you don't. There is a condition to your love. The children you supposedly love unconditionally must be yours.

He said HIS children, you ignorant moron. He didn't say he loves ALL children.

Quote:The same is true for God. We are not all His children. He loves all of His children and that love is boundless. But, again just because you draw breath does not make you a child of God.

Oh, look -- more self-contradictory mindless drivel from the serial pathological liar.

14-02-2014, 10:11 PM
(13-02-2014 01:56 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Saying that his paradox is not good for people attacking Christianity is one thing, saying that the paradox itself fails is another.
which is exactly why I made that distinction in the op.
Quote:People who attack Christianity tend to focus on the malevolent nature of the Christian god. If you agree that he is malevolent, what's your problem?
because it is not a case of either/or.

God's love is boundless when directed at His children. The point being 'we' are not all His children.

Quote:And by the way, another Christian to whom I happened to mention this conversation made a good point. The "For God so loved the world" quote should mean that he does love everyone, because loving the world without loving all the people in it doesn't make sense. What is there left to love? Comets and nebulae?
Read the rest of the passage.

Yes God so loved the world that He gave humanity a Chance at redemption if they accept Christ. if they do not then they do not get eternal life, meaning they are sent to Hell. As so many of you are quick to point out, would you send someone you love to Hell? Would you send your kids there?

My point is neither would God.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

14-02-2014, 10:15 PM
(14-02-2014 08:25 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  I saw "redefine evil" (shifting goalposts) and "biblical explanation" (circular definition, begging the question, special pleading, etc. etc.) in the OP and concluded that there will be more fallacies than logic in it. So I promptly (personally) classified this thread in the "Ramblings of the Delusional" section of my brain.

I did enjoy all your responses though. You led Drich on an epic tap-dance. My hats off to you all.Bowing

Laughat
What are you talking about? I used the defination God gave us. If your defination is different then it is you who has misted the goal post.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

14-02-2014, 10:21 PM
(14-02-2014 10:11 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 01:56 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Saying that his paradox is not good for people attacking Christianity is one thing, saying that the paradox itself fails is another.
which is exactly why I made that distinction in the op.

No, you didn't. No surprise that you continue to lie.

Quote:
Quote:People who attack Christianity tend to focus on the malevolent nature of the Christian god. If you agree that he is malevolent, what's your problem?
because it is not a case of either/or.

Sure it is. And there are PLENTY of stories in your fairy tale book that demonstrate the malevolent nature of the "god"-character.

Quote:God's love is boundless when directed at His children. The point being 'we' are not all His children.

You forgot "in the story....".

And, again, you continue to demonstrate the malevolence of this character in your storybook.

Quote:
Quote:And by the way, another Christian to whom I happened to mention this conversation made a good point. The "For God so loved the world" quote should mean that he does love everyone, because loving the world without loving all the people in it doesn't make sense. What is there left to love? Comets and nebulae?
Read the rest of the passage.

Yes God so loved the world that He gave humanity a Chance at redemption if they accept Christ.

That's not what the storybook says. Figures you don't have a fucking clue how one of the most oft-quoted pieces of tripe on your own fairy tale book goes.

Quote: if they do not then they do not get eternal life, meaning they are sent to Hell.

That's not what that means, moron.

Quote: As so many of you are quick to point out, would you send someone you love to Hell? Would you send your kids there?

My point is neither would God.

Demonstrating the extreme malevolence of your fairy tale character.