Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
16-02-2014, 08:19 AM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
(15-02-2014 10:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  Hobo What better proof of God than God? Hobo

So trot that sorry fucker out here in front of us and let's have at it! Have it do some parlor tricks! -- Have it create a new planet between here and the fucking moon!

If you can't trot the son of a bitch out in front of us right here, right now, then you admit you are a fucking liar and go the fuck away.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 08:42 AM
(16-02-2014 08:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Have it create a new planet between here and the fucking moon!

Wow. I lol'd. How's about a magic trick that we survive? That'd be cool. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-02-2014, 10:20 AM
(15-02-2014 12:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laugh out load silly rabbit, My point is your 'correction' in incorrect. And, I am asking you to prove your use of the term. I have provided a reference source for this term no less than 10 times, and explained how the box of rocks on this website who keep misuing this term are using it incorrectly.

Most of you tea bags (you included) think that 'No true scotsman' refers to a senerio where one person can not say to another 'your not a 'scotsman' if you claim to be. This is wrong, IF There are indeed prerequsites that need to be met inorder to be a 'scotsman.' In this case there are conditions that must be met to be a christian and if one does not meet said requirements then by defination that person is not a christian no matter what he says.

It is like you saying you are an american citizen, having been born and lived in england all your life. Your not a US citizen because you have never met a single requirement in being one, No matter what you think or say about it. The same is true about a Christian. There is a very narrow path one has to walk to be a Christian. If you do not nor have ever walked this path then again by defination your not a Scotsman or in this case a Christian.

Despite it being abundantly clear that you don't understand what you're talking about - either by being a genuine idiot, or merely playing one for rhetorical purposes (though to what end besides trololol I cannot imagine) - allow me to explain. Again.

You say (or, you say God says): Do X and Y will happen.
Someone replies: I did X and Y didn't happen.
You say: That's your fault somehow.

(15-02-2014 12:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  What makes you again think that I or God wants everyone? Infoact God only wants those who want to be with Him. My job is to help people who want to know how to do that. The rest can do what they like.

Boy, that must be why everyone who prays real hard to know God all gets the same answer.

Oh wait.

... this is my signature!
16-02-2014, 11:15 AM
(15-02-2014 10:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  What better proof of God than God? If you want all you need to establish and maintain a relationship with God simply A/S/K for the Holy Spirit as outlined in Luke 11.

What better way to believe than to believe? If you just believe in it, then you'll believe in it! It's tautologically simple!

I guess the fault lies with us, guys. We're not credulous enough. Also, don't be too credulous regarding the wrong things. It'd probably be bad if we decided to believe in believing in Allah, or something.
16-02-2014, 11:16 AM
(16-02-2014 10:20 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Boy, that must be why everyone who prays real hard to know God all gets the same answer.

Oh wait.

I know right? Clearly it's the person proposing it that is correct, everyone else has it wrong. I mean, what if you're wrong? LOL

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
16-02-2014, 12:02 PM
As much as I love watching the flying goalposts and waking straw men I want to leave Oz and ask why is this still up for discussion? Haven't we established that god is a melevolent bigot? I don't see any denials of this. Why should we worship him? Frankly I don't tend to revere bigots.
16-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Yabut. It ain't about all that. It's about ragging on Drich. Thumbsup

(Personally I have never found this paradox compelling.)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2014, 05:01 PM
(16-02-2014 12:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yabut. It ain't about all that. It's about ragging on Drich. Thumbsup

(Personally I have never found this paradox compelling.)

Yeah. He's proven he's somewhat "challenged" in the brains department.
It's like beating up the kid with special needs.
Maybe it's the only "job" he can get, (outside his group home).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
16-02-2014, 07:13 PM
(14-02-2014 10:24 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 10:15 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laughat
What are you talking about? I used the defination God gave us. If your defination is different then it is you who has misted the goal post.

*definition, idiot.

Nice of ivaneus to mist the goalposts.

I mist the goal posts by that much! Wink

@Drich: so you used your god's definition of evil, which you got from.... the bible? Circular definition. Look it up.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
16-02-2014, 07:30 PM
(16-02-2014 08:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 08:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Have it create a new planet between here and the fucking moon!

Wow. I lol'd. How's about a magic trick that we survive? That'd be cool. Thumbsup

Well of course that would be the proof that it was a "god" -- making it appear and us surviving anyway! We could send astronauts out to poke at it, kick the tires, check the oil, etc., and Gawds magic would suspend all the "laws*" of physics for the demonstration!

*D-reck's well-known equivocation of the word "law" being understood here as well.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop