Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
18-02-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
[Image: atheist-bingo.jpg]

[Image: eoQMdco.png]

[Image: i-451f5356ad30f214361cd29fda6a4963-debatingrules.jpeg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-02-2014, 12:37 PM
(18-02-2014 11:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  I wouldn't dislike you if you had the basic decency not to present some fatuous crap as a knock down argument, to either a. admit that it was fatuous crap or b. not bother presenting it and call it one of God's mysteries.

I'd like to add that you do have the option of presenting an *actual* knockdown argument to defeat the paradox, but that requires you know, an actual knockdown argument to exist, and much like your God, I believe the existence of such an argument to be highly unlikely, much less you knowing it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I'll get back to this once I have more free time later tomorrow morning. Stay tuned folks, as I will proceed to burn down Drich's feeble arguments once again. But for now, I need to get some sleep.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-02-2014, 01:00 PM
(18-02-2014 11:18 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Oh, but there is. According to this argument (which includes numerous Greek translations and scripture), you do suffer eternally in hell. Because, just like you, this person gets to point out whether a specific expression is correct or not.

http://carm.org/hell-eternal

Maybe you should take some time to get Christians on the same page. This "doctrine disparity" isn't helping you at all.

You did not understand the greater point I was making did you?

In Short doctrinal differences are encouraged in biblical Christianity if these differences are based on our best understandings.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
18-02-2014, 01:01 PM
(18-02-2014 12:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'll get back to this once I have more free time later tomorrow morning. Stay tuned folks, as I will proceed to burn down Drich's feeble arguments once again. But for now, I need to get some sleep.

If you wish to really bun something Down I have an open invite for anyone who wants to take it in the boxing ring.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
18-02-2014, 01:03 PM
(18-02-2014 01:01 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you wish to really bun something Down I have an open invite for anyone who wants to take it in the boxing ring.

Sorry kid, you've shown your colours. I'm stamping your face with NOT WORTH DEBATING. You officially suck.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-02-2014, 01:04 PM
(18-02-2014 01:00 PM)Drich Wrote:  You did not understand the greater point I was making did you?

In Short doctrinal differences are encouraged in biblical Christianity if these differences are based on our best understandings.

You weren't making any sort of point at all. As usual.

18-02-2014, 01:55 PM
(18-02-2014 01:01 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you wish to really bun something Down I have an open invite for anyone who wants to take it in the boxing ring.

[Image: doc_holliday.jpg]

Topic: Hell.

You for. Me against.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
18-02-2014, 02:07 PM

..."Bun" something down....?

[Image: ass-rocket.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:ahh, no it hasn't. Durning the time of the apstoles it was clear and dry their efforts in the day to day of the church ensured that. Then the 'Catholic church' came in and made it uniform. About 500 years ago the reformation happened.. So at best you arguement can only say for 500 or so years was this processed argued. But even then you arguement fails, because i am not repersent any of the above mentioned christian expressions/religions. My only guide is the bible. I do not look to any creeds, counsels, traditional doctrines, or a series of men who like funny big hats. I am repersenting biblical Christianity only, and as such there is freedom in said biblical Christianity to worship by or through Creeds, coucsels, traditional doctrines, and or a series of men who like big funny hats. (This means none are right, but on the plus side we do not have to be, if we follow the core principles of Christianity.)

You do know that there were hundreds of different cults of Christianity with different texts before the NT was compiled, right? The texts that went in were chosen arbitrarily by a bunch of old male church leaders with a very clear political agenda. And TBH if you wanted a religion that would be ideal and uplifting I think some of their choices were rather poor. But they had an agenda, so they chose the scriptures that were included.

This is not debated. The church KNOWS this. It is the reason I finally left the church.

You can't claim this to be the infallible word of god and then say that it was composed by ambitious power-hungry men (I have no doubt of their piety, just saying they were also ambitious and human).