Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
20-02-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
(15-02-2014 10:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Western society throws away more food than is needed to feed everyone who does not have enough.

It isn't nearly as simple as shipping extra foodstuffs to the people who need them. When a population is experiencing famine there may have been a drought and subsequent crop failure, but there are frequently complicating factors such as war or corrupt local officials. It's not uncommon for a shipment of food to sit in a truck or a warehouse because it's too dangerous to deliver it. An aid shipment can also be hijacked. Throwing money and resources at a problem doesn't always work in the real world.
So because something is difficult we should not try?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 12:33 PM
(15-02-2014 11:15 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  What better proof of God than God? If you want all you need to establish and maintain a relationship with God simply A/S/K for the Holy Spirit as outlined in Luke 11.

How did Luke stumble across this formula? It would seem, that the only way to get it, would be via the Holy Spirit, which requires the formula.

If you read the passage you will note it is Christ's "formula."

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-02-2014, 12:38 PM
(20-02-2014 12:32 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  It isn't nearly as simple as shipping extra foodstuffs to the people who need them. When a population is experiencing famine there may have been a drought and subsequent crop failure, but there are frequently complicating factors such as war or corrupt local officials. It's not uncommon for a shipment of food to sit in a truck or a warehouse because it's too dangerous to deliver it. An aid shipment can also be hijacked. Throwing money and resources at a problem doesn't always work in the real world.
So because something is difficult we should not try?

There go the goalposts again...

God is omnipotent. Why doesn't he solve the problem? We AREN'T omnipotent. Many people are trying to solve the problem but find it impossible. God is omnipotent and does nothing. People aren't and are trying very hard to help.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
20-02-2014, 12:49 PM
(10-02-2014 01:52 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Clearly you have a different brand of Christianity that I've never heard of. I'm pretty sure when I went to church, we praised an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, all-present creator.
I am sure you did, but at any one point does God himself attribute these things to Himself, or do we take bible verses and try to ascribe these attributes to God?

Oh, look you have examples.

Quote: Examples:

omniscient: There are many instances in the Bible where Jesus knew the thoughts of those he was speaking with. (Luke 6:8, Matthew 12:25, John 2:25, John 6:61ff) Jeremiah 1:5, God knows us before we're even in the womb. 1 Samuel 2:3 - "the Lord is the God of knowledge" Also, Romans 10:33, God's wisdom is unfathomable.
Yet there are instances in which Christ said He did not know when He would return, only the Father did..

(swing and a miss, strike 1)

Quote:omni-benevolent: God cares for all of us (Matthew 6) more than the birds and the lilies. He will care for us, this shows his love for us. Not to mention John 3:16 - "for God so loved the world" Also, Psalm 145:8-9 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. 9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. (empasis mine) aaaand Ephesians 3:19 - His love surpasses understanding! Romans 8:35-39 - "who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" and 2 Peter 3:9 He is "not willing that any should perish"
Omni-benevolent: From the latin Omni= 'All' Benevolent=Good.
Now ask your peers to point to some of the things that are not so good with this world. Ask them about the goodness in Hell.

God is Indeed good as your scriptures point out, just not to everyone. God is 'Good' to His Children. Again Not all are His Children.

Swing and a miss- Strike 2

Quote:omnipotent: Can't say it any better than Revelation 19:6 - “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!" SO many verses in Psalms extol the mighty power of God. Psalm 62:11, power belongs to God. Psalm 147:5 - "Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite." Romans 1:20 mentions His eternal power. omnipresent: Proverbs 15:3 - The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Base hit down the center. You have a man on first.

Quote:Also, the "alpha and omega" bit is just a testament to his power.
and complete authority, foul ball.

Quote:NOTE, Drich, before you assume something. I do not believe this. I do not believe in any god. I am using scripture in the Bible (something that is true for you, but not for me) to show you that these attributes are, in fact, part of the god of the Bible, and therefore the paradox applies.
and that's the game. Why? Because in my orginal assertion I claim the God does not claim to be Omni max. That He only Describes himself as the Alpha and Omega and the Great I am. That the doctrines of an omnimax God is little more than a 'religious' belief based on what man understands of the bible. Yes there are omni aspects of God identified by the Church fathers, but this is not the same as the doctrine of Omni max.

This truth is made evident by your inablity to provide book Chapter and verse that definitivly points to God claiming to be omni max as you have outlined it here.
So again I have absolutly do doubt this is how you worshiped, it's just not biblically consistant. Which is ok if that is all you can understand. just don't assume the authority found in your traditional beliefs somehow trumps scripture.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 12:52 PM
(16-02-2014 06:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  What better proof of God than God? If you want all you need to establish and maintain a relationship with God simply A/S/K for the Holy Spirit as outlined in Luke 11.

If god is indeed the best proof of god, which I dare say it is indeed shaped like itself, than the most logical thing to do would be to materialise this proof, not to merely say that in order to prove god to oneself they must essentially already accept it.
Only God has the power and Authority to materialize Himself. Which He Himself promised to do if you first Humble yourself before Him and do as He asks.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 12:53 PM
(15-02-2014 11:35 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  and yet, still, no reply for me.

I guess I should just abandon this thread?

In case you missed it again, Drich, it's post 81.

Be careful of what you taunt for.. You just might get it.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 12:54 PM
(16-02-2014 06:32 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  What better proof of God than God?

What better proof of leprechauns than leprechauns?

The Emperor Has No Fucking Clothes, idiot.

unless one can produce a leprechaun..

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 01:03 PM
(16-02-2014 10:20 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laugh out load silly rabbit, My point is your 'correction' in incorrect. And, I am asking you to prove your use of the term. I have provided a reference source for this term no less than 10 times, and explained how the box of rocks on this website who keep misuing this term are using it incorrectly.

Most of you tea bags (you included) think that 'No true scotsman' refers to a senerio where one person can not say to another 'your not a 'scotsman' if you claim to be. This is wrong, IF There are indeed prerequsites that need to be met inorder to be a 'scotsman.' In this case there are conditions that must be met to be a christian and if one does not meet said requirements then by defination that person is not a christian no matter what he says.

It is like you saying you are an american citizen, having been born and lived in england all your life. Your not a US citizen because you have never met a single requirement in being one, No matter what you think or say about it. The same is true about a Christian. There is a very narrow path one has to walk to be a Christian. If you do not nor have ever walked this path then again by defination your not a Scotsman or in this case a Christian.

Despite it being abundantly clear that you don't understand what you're talking about - either by being a genuine idiot, or merely playing one for rhetorical purposes (though to what end besides trololol I cannot imagine) - allow me to explain. Again.

You say (or, you say God says): Do X and Y will happen.
Someone replies: I did X and Y didn't happen.
You say: That's your fault somehow.

(15-02-2014 12:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  What makes you again think that I or God wants everyone? Infoact God only wants those who want to be with Him. My job is to help people who want to know how to do that. The rest can do what they like.

Boy, that must be why everyone who prays real hard to know God all gets the same answer.

Oh wait.

allow me to clarify as you seem to be confused. i say because of what Luke 11 says if one does XYZ, God will do 1 2 3. Then you all claim to have done X and Y....

Do you see the problem yet? None of you has completed Z.

Otherwise you would not be here as an Atheist. a Misotheist maybe, but you can not claim God does not exist after you met Him.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 01:05 PM
(16-02-2014 11:15 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

What better way to believe than to believe? If you just believe in it, then you'll believe in it! It's tautologically simple!

I guess the fault lies with us, guys. We're not credulous enough. Also, don't be too credulous regarding the wrong things. It'd probably be bad if we decided to believe in believing in Allah, or something.
I am not saying one must believe to believe. that a strawman created by you guys so you do not have to address what is being discussed.

I am saying all one has to have is the mustard seed's worth of faith to A/S/K as outlined in luke 11.

Then God will provide proof enough to establish a belief and help you support it with what you need if you remain faithful.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 01:06 PM
(16-02-2014 10:07 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 01:40 PM)Drich Wrote:  If we were not given the choice this life affords (including the option to be evil) then we would have simply been created to either spend an eternity with God or to Spend an eternity in Hell.
Calvinism?

Just asking.

appearently it is a hobbs-ism

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit