Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
20-02-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
(20-02-2014 04:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:08 PM)Drich Wrote:  Not true, God's love is boundless towards his Children.

He loves us so much he made hell in case we don't love him back.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Sad, scary and if true just plain stupid. It makes god seem more like the kid from the twilight zone episode that sent people to the corn field.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 04:41 PM
(20-02-2014 04:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:08 PM)Drich Wrote:  Not true, God's love is boundless towards his Children.

He loves us so much he made hell in case we don't love him back.

How could any healthy mind say that phrase - "God's love is boundless for his children". Where does that conclusion come from after study of the bible? You have to be absolutely numb in so many parts of your brain to say that shit.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
20-02-2014, 04:50 PM
(20-02-2014 02:07 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 01:28 PM)natachan Wrote:  I just vomited a little.

Yes. They do. These acts are immoral regardless of what any authority figure says.

that's the self righteousness trying to come out. Don't stop it let it flow!

Are you honestly arguing that if there was no god you would rape, murder, and steal?

Human beings do not derive morality from authority. We judge our authority figures based on our own morality.
20-02-2014, 05:06 PM
(20-02-2014 04:50 PM)natachan Wrote:  Are you honestly arguing that if there was no god you would rape, murder, and steal?

...and if he believed god was telling him to do those things, he certainly would do them. Sadcryface

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
20-02-2014, 07:54 PM
(20-02-2014 12:49 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 01:52 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Clearly you have a different brand of Christianity that I've never heard of. I'm pretty sure when I went to church, we praised an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, all-present creator.
I am sure you did, but at any one point does God himself attribute these things to Himself, or do we take bible verses and try to ascribe these attributes to God?

Oh, look you have examples.

Quote: Examples:

omniscient: There are many instances in the Bible where Jesus knew the thoughts of those he was speaking with. (Luke 6:8, Matthew 12:25, John 2:25, John 6:61ff) Jeremiah 1:5, God knows us before we're even in the womb. 1 Samuel 2:3 - "the Lord is the God of knowledge" Also, Romans 10:33, God's wisdom is unfathomable.
Yet there are instances in which Christ said He did not know when He would return, only the Father did..

(swing and a miss, strike 1)

Quote:omni-benevolent: God cares for all of us (Matthew 6) more than the birds and the lilies. He will care for us, this shows his love for us. Not to mention John 3:16 - "for God so loved the world" Also, Psalm 145:8-9 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. 9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. (empasis mine) aaaand Ephesians 3:19 - His love surpasses understanding! Romans 8:35-39 - "who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" and 2 Peter 3:9 He is "not willing that any should perish"
Omni-benevolent: From the latin Omni= 'All' Benevolent=Good.
Now ask your peers to point to some of the things that are not so good with this world. Ask them about the goodness in Hell.

God is Indeed good as your scriptures point out, just not to everyone. God is 'Good' to His Children. Again Not all are His Children.

Swing and a miss- Strike 2

Quote:omnipotent: Can't say it any better than Revelation 19:6 - “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!" SO many verses in Psalms extol the mighty power of God. Psalm 62:11, power belongs to God. Psalm 147:5 - "Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite." Romans 1:20 mentions His eternal power. omnipresent: Proverbs 15:3 - The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Base hit down the center. You have a man on first.

Quote:Also, the "alpha and omega" bit is just a testament to his power.
and complete authority, foul ball.

Quote:NOTE, Drich, before you assume something. I do not believe this. I do not believe in any god. I am using scripture in the Bible (something that is true for you, but not for me) to show you that these attributes are, in fact, part of the god of the Bible, and therefore the paradox applies.
and that's the game. Why? Because in my orginal assertion I claim the God does not claim to be Omni max. That He only Describes himself as the Alpha and Omega and the Great I am. That the doctrines of an omnimax God is little more than a 'religious' belief based on what man understands of the bible. Yes there are omni aspects of God identified by the Church fathers, but this is not the same as the doctrine of Omni max.

This truth is made evident by your inablity to provide book Chapter and verse that definitivly points to God claiming to be omni max as you have outlined it here.
So again I have absolutly do doubt this is how you worshiped, it's just not biblically consistant. Which is ok if that is all you can understand. just don't assume the authority found in your traditional beliefs somehow trumps scripture.
Oh, look! D-Reck is moving the goalposts all over the place, once again! Who knew?????

(20-02-2014 12:54 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 06:32 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What better proof of leprechauns than leprechauns?

The Emperor Has No Fucking Clothes, idiot.

unless one can produce a leprechaun..

Which you can't, any more than you can produce your fairy tale monster, which you can't.

Fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
20-02-2014, 07:58 PM
(20-02-2014 01:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 11:15 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What better way to believe than to believe? If you just believe in it, then you'll believe in it! It's tautologically simple!

I guess the fault lies with us, guys. We're not credulous enough. Also, don't be too credulous regarding the wrong things. It'd probably be bad if we decided to believe in believing in Allah, or something.
I am not saying one must believe to believe. that a strawman created by you guys so you do not have to address what is being discussed.

I am saying all one has to have is the mustard seed's worth of faith to A/S/K as outlined in luke 11.

Then God will provide proof enough to establish a belief and help you support it with what you need if you remain faithful.

Translation from idiot trollspeak:

"I'm not saying one must believe to believe. I'm saying one must believe to believe."

Fucking idiot.

20-02-2014, 08:04 PM
(20-02-2014 01:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 07:13 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  I mist the goal posts by that much! Wink

@Drich: so you used your god's definition of evil, which you got from.... the bible? Circular definition. Look it up.
Facepalm

If we were having a discussion about Spiderman, then it is to the marvel cannon in which we must define our terms, and stories... Otherwise it is no longer a discussion about spiderman. Like wise If you want to talk about God then it is to the definations and terms God sets forth in the bible are the ones we are bound by otherwise we are not having a discussion about the God of the bible.

*definitions

How fitting that you would refer to a comic book.

You have yet to demonstrate that your fairy tale monster exists. It's pretty fucking stupid to claim that it does anything when you cannot even show that such a thing exists.

But, we all already know just how fucking stupid you are.

20-02-2014, 08:11 PM
(20-02-2014 02:23 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:09 PM)natachan Wrote:  He can solve problem. He doesn't.

Malevolent.

But again what makes you think this is his problem to solve? He gave the world to us to care for.. Wouldn't that make it our problem? He's even gone a step above and beyond by ensuring there are ample resources well with in grasp of the wealthy people on the planet, yet we do nothing except complain that God is somehow malevolent.. Even though it does not follow.

How funny that you think you (and you alone) can speak for your fairy tale monster, and everyone else who thinks THEY can and who disagrees with you is wrong. Hobo

20-02-2014, 09:48 PM
(20-02-2014 03:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:23 PM)Drich Wrote:  But again what makes you think this is his problem to solve? He gave the world to us to care for.. Wouldn't that make it our problem? He's even gone a step above and beyond by ensuring there are ample resources well with in grasp of the wealthy people on the planet, yet we do nothing except complain that God is somehow malevolent.. Even though it does not follow.

The more you type, the more you sound like a battered housewife continuously making excuses for the behaviour of her clearly dangerous and abusive husband...
The ironic thing is.. I/we won't be the ones who get battered. Those who have been given the charge to care for this world, but do nothing except judge how it is not right will I turn be judged using the measure they used to judge God.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-02-2014, 09:50 PM
(20-02-2014 03:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  oh, so your afraid that i will change things here as i have changed them there? yet you still won't go one on one?

What did you change there?

Ask the one who went there looking for evidence of a failure to flaunt here.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.