Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
22-02-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
I said Omni benevolent and you've intentionally moved the goal posts I want to know why and what you mean.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 09:19 PM
(22-02-2014 09:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 09:13 PM)donotwant Wrote:  So you admit that he is not benevolent?

Define benevolent.

Means loves his creation so much that he wishes to prevent harm and suffering from happening to em.
22-02-2014, 09:28 PM
(22-02-2014 09:19 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 09:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Define benevolent.

Means loves his creation so much that he wishes to prevent harm and suffering from happening to em.

Ahhh, No.

Omni is the Latin for 'All'

Benevolent latin for 'Good'

Omni benevolent= All Good or Only Good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibenevolence

Your question is God Benevolent= good? Yes.

We know this because Christ demonstrates to the rich young ruler when He tells the lad "Only God is good."

God never claim to be Omni benevolent as God will not be 'good' to everyone. (only to His children) therefore God does not claim Omni benevolence as He WILL be sending people to Hell.

You see line by line precept by precept.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
22-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Well if that is your definition of benevolence then we got nothing to talk about. I have different standards which are better then yours.
22-02-2014, 09:39 PM
(22-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  Benevolent latin for 'Good'

That is not what "benevolent" means in Latin, you lying fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-02-2014, 10:33 PM
(22-02-2014 09:32 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Well if that is your definition of benevolence then we got nothing to talk about. I have different standards which are better then yours.
Laugh out load

How old are you? My definition? Omni benevolence is a latin term I gave you THE definition for It AND I posted a link to it. there is no argument here sport. Bottom line if you think your definition is right your wrong. How can I say that? I provided you 'proof.'

for you to believe anything else would be a matter of faith (how did DSL put it?) Inspite of existing evidence to the contrary.

Look at it this way. Even in atheism you believe in God. Not the God of the bible but a god you know you are argue against and defeat. You have 'faith' in that you believe your idea of God is the God of the bible even though as I pointed out the bible does not support your idea.

Did you understand that? Simply put. You believe in a god you know how to argue and defeat. You do not want to hear of or critically examine the God the bible truly speaks of. Why? because none of your source materials (your goto websites and or your atheist heros) can tell you want to think here. So you try and trivialize me or my message.

the problem? I come bring legitmate source material that shows you to be wrong. which means you have to accept, acknoweledge, or default to your faith in your strawman version of God.. or simply not answer.

FYI right now youre showing yourself to be a strong man of faith.. But fear not your in the company of many of your peers here.

As far as I am concerned I do not have a problem with you. Just your gloating. as you can see I can gloat you.. If you care to read the boxing match between me and a few other members here I can gloat a lot harder. You have given a lot of opportunity to gloat, and the more you write the opportunity abounds that much more.

That said let's make a deal I stop pointing out your weakness if you stop gloating about the weakness of others. (I am not asking you to stop challenging them, as it serves a purpose.) I am asking you to stop pretending to be something you clearly are not. Do this and we can start fresh and new. Otherwise I will make it my mission here to ensure that every post you make will be heavily scrutinized, and every opportunity I have to point out a theological error in your work will be taken advantaged of.

Live and let live.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

22-02-2014, 10:37 PM
(22-02-2014 09:39 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 09:28 PM)Drich Wrote:  Benevolent latin for 'Good'

That is not what "benevolent" means in Latin, you lying fucking idiot.

Laugh out load

References or am I just to take your word on faith?

I provided a link that supports my assertion (actually I plagerized most of what I said from that source) Quid pro quoe Clarisse, Quid pro quoe.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

22-02-2014, 10:57 PM
(22-02-2014 10:13 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 11:06 PM)toadaly Wrote:  I don't doubt it much. I haven't decided yet whether you're a dedicated troll - maybe this is material for a psych paper or something, or a real life sociopath. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Let's say you had absolute proof God exists Not just you but the whole nation you lived in. absolute unagruable proof. Now God tells you Satan is empowering a neighboring country to wipe you and your people off the planet. But, if you follow His lead He will assure you victory over them.

What would you do? Would you sit on your thumb or would you defend your home, your family your people?

Question-Dodging Hyperbole: Drich's version of evidence.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
22-02-2014, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 11:20 PM by rampant.a.i..)
(22-02-2014 10:37 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 09:39 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That is not what "benevolent" means in Latin, you lying fucking idiot.

Laugh out load

References or am I just to take your word on faith?

I provided a link that supports my assertion (actually I plagerized most of what I said from that source) Quid pro quoe Clarisse, Quid pro quoe.

Bene (Well) Volent (Wilfull) = Good-willed.

One of the basic tenants of Christianity is that God is Omnibenevolent. You're rejecting a tenant of the religion to avoid the Epicurian paradox...

And you think you're winning the argument by declaring you're not actually Christian, but a sub-sect where the paradox does not apply?

(22-02-2014 09:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  I said Omni benevolent and you've intentionally moved the goal posts I want to know why and what you mean.

You're not even moving goalposts anymore, Drich. You're standing on Baseball field, hitting a ball with a bat, and demanding the audience believe you're playing Soccer.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
22-02-2014, 11:50 PM
(22-02-2014 09:10 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 09:08 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Well he certainly lied when he said he was benevolent, omniscient and omnipotent because if he was there would be no war to begin with Wink
Show me where God said He was Omni-benevolent.

The acknowledgement of God's omnibenevolence is an essential foundation in traditional Christianity; this can be seen in Scriptures such as Psalms 18:30: "As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him," and Ps.19:7: "The law of the Lord is good, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibenevolence