Epicurean paradox defeated.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.33 Average
09-02-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Epicurean paradox defeated.
(09-02-2014 07:15 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:08 PM)Drich Wrote:  I never denied God created evil!

Why worship a malevolent diety?

Because he is not malevolent to me.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 09:03 PM
(09-02-2014 07:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  ahh, no. Jesus was the Messiah the son of 'Yahweh.'

Sorry sport, never heard of the Trinity, have we?

John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to his statement to know he was claiming to be God. They tried to stone him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity.

Maybe in your version of Christianity you don't believe in the Trinity, but tell that to the billion deluded Catholics.

Are you an atheist? how is that possiable if your argueing for the existence of the trinity?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
09-02-2014, 09:11 PM
(09-02-2014 07:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why the tap dance? It makes absolutely no difference which god Epicurus was referring to or whether he was "privy to the revelations of Christ" or to the NT. Epicurus' argument can and should be applied to ANY god.
Bangin
It can not be applied to the God of the bible (as per the OP) because God does not claim the attributes needed for the paradox to be valid. This paradox will only work against the idea of an Omni max type deity. God makes no such claims. He describes Himself as an alpha and omega not an Omni max. the difference? He is Who he wants to be, nothing more nothing less.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

09-02-2014, 09:12 PM
(09-02-2014 09:03 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Sorry sport, never heard of the Trinity, have we?

John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to his statement to know he was claiming to be God. They tried to stone him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity.

Maybe in your version of Christianity you don't believe in the Trinity, but tell that to the billion deluded Catholics.

Are you an atheist? how is that possiable if your argueing for the existence of the trinity?

I'm sorry, are you attacking me or my argument, Mr. Fallacy? Please pick up a dictionary, your last post was almost unreadable. And I don't see you refuting the Trinity, merely shifting the argument.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
(09-02-2014 09:01 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:15 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Why worship a malevolent diety?

Because he is not malevolent to me.

So you would worship Hitler, since he has not been malevolent to you. Check.

Fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-02-2014, 09:18 PM
(09-02-2014 09:03 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Sorry sport, never heard of the Trinity, have we?

*possible

*arguing

Xtardianity dictates a triune deity. It comes as no surprise that you would cherry-pick THAT part of xtardianity as well.

09-02-2014, 09:22 PM
(09-02-2014 09:11 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why the tap dance? It makes absolutely no difference which god Epicurus was referring to or whether he was "privy to the revelations of Christ" or to the NT. Epicurus' argument can and should be applied to ANY god.
Bangin
It can not be applied to the God of the bible (as per the OP) because God does not claim the attributes needed for the paradox to be valid. This paradox will only work against the idea of an Omni max type deity. God makes no such claims. He describes Himself as an alpha and omega not an Omni max. the difference? He is Who he wants to be, nothing more nothing less.

[Image: golaposts2.jpg]

09-02-2014, 09:22 PM
(09-02-2014 09:11 PM)Drich Wrote:  
Bangin

Sorry sport, the second line of Epicurus' Paradox says he's not omnipotent. You said God does not claim the attributes of the paradox, but here it is from your divine book: "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!” -- Revelation 19:6. Or are you one of those Christians that doesn't believe the bible is the word of god?

----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
09-02-2014, 09:24 PM
(09-02-2014 09:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 09:03 PM)Drich Wrote:  Are you an atheist? how is that possiable if your argueing for the existence of the trinity?

*possible

*arguing

Xtardianity dictates a triune deity. It comes as no surprise that you would cherry-pick THAT part of xtardianity as well.

Don't forget *you're. Laughat

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-02-2014, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 09:41 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(09-02-2014 09:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 09:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  *possible

*arguing

Don't forget *you're. Laughat

And *How. Laughat

[Image: 1336075413637_9450087.png]

Don't make me pull out the Emunclaw Video, D-Reck.

And of course the missing comma.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzwIM6psDDxfQ66SZQcm0...VScAorH6w8]

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post