Epicurus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Epicurus
hey anyone know where i can find Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? in the original lang?, im thinking of making it into a tattoo, and please if u got better suggestions or anything im thankful
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2010, 12:25 AM
RE: Epicurus
If you get such a tatoo, do not take your shirt off around fundimental christians. They can get very violent at times and you might get seriously hurt or killed. On the other hand, if you are as good in hand to hand combat as Rambo, ignore my advice.
28-09-2010, 01:19 AM
(28-09-2010 12:25 AM)No J. Wrote:  If you get such a tatoo, do not take your shirt off around fundimental christians. They can get very violent at times and you might get seriously hurt or killed. On the other hand, if you are as good in hand to hand combat as Rambo, ignore my advice.

i live in sweden people are not that commited to their believs here.
alot of atheists. Smile
28-09-2010, 03:01 AM
That is why Sweden is one of the best countries to live in.
28-09-2010, 04:01 AM

Do a Google search on "Epicurus god quote" and you'll find several sources. But a quick look didn't turn up any versions in Greek. Perhaps you could find someone who could translate it into Greek for you? That might make an interesting tattoo, indeed
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2010, 05:23 AM
(28-09-2010 04:01 AM)2buckchuck Wrote:  Do a Google search on "Epicurus god quote" and you'll find several sources. But a quick look didn't turn up any versions in Greek. Perhaps you could find someone who could translate it into Greek for you? That might make an interesting tattoo, indeed

yeah was thinking of that but the original should be in acient greek right, well i want it like the original
28-09-2010, 05:51 AM

(28-09-2010 05:23 AM)Gucar Wrote:  yeah was thinking of that but the original should be in acient greek right, well i want it like the original
If you manage to track it down as you describe, please share it. It could make a nice poster or t-shirt for TTAF. I picture the t-shirt with the ancient Greek version on the front and the English translation on the back!
28-09-2010, 07:14 AM

This is what Yahoo's Babel Fish makes of it:

Είναι Θεός πρόθυμος να αποτρέψει το κακό αλλά μη ικανός έπειτα δεν είναι παντοδύναμος είναι αυτός ικανός αλλά μη πρόθυμος έπειτα είναι κακόβουλος είναι αυτός και πρόθυμος έπειτα από όπου cometh το κακό δεν είναι αυτός ούτε ικανός ούτε πρόθυμος έπειτα γιατί κλήση αυτός Θεός
28-09-2010, 07:25 AM
(28-09-2010 03:01 AM)No J. Wrote:  That is why Sweden is one of the best countries to live in.

I thought it was for a totally different reason. I was going to post a picture of what I was thinking but figured ... maybe not a good idea.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
28-09-2010, 07:47 AM
O' the secular Sweden... The Finns are so jealous of Sweden that you can't mention the country without hearing a gay joke about it.

Do'nt worry aboot the tattoo, unless your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend is religulously religious or you usually swim with religious people.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.