Eric Hovind provides evidence for creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Eric Hovind provides evidence for creationism
The most relevant portion of this video is between 21:40 and around 26:55. I’m not exactly active in the creationism community, so I’m not sure if his arguments would be considered new material or the same old tired crap that they’ve been spouting off for decades.

I should also point out that I’m only majorING in a science… I have no credentials of my own to speak from a position of authority, but that switcharoo he does with gravity to magnetism is…. Well, what the heck is that? Somebody please help me understand what he did there. Blink

And finally, let me tip my hat to Eric for his use of the word, “exponential”. That’s a big word, Eric, and you’ve done a great job pronouncing it. =D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
23-08-2015, 08:37 AM
RE: Eric Hovind provides evidence for creationism
My eyes glazed over after Eric Hovind and evidence Big Grin
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
23-08-2015, 08:45 AM
You might have answered this in another thread--but since you are a theist--how are you able to balance that while majoring in science? I know Rocket Surgeon says his fiancee is able to do that. I would think it would be difficult to maintain the two. Please don't take this as an attack, I am just curious. Big Grin
23-08-2015, 09:16 AM
(23-08-2015 08:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You might have answered this in another thread--but since you are a theist--how are you able to balance that while majoring in science? I know Rocket Surgeon says his fiancee is able to do that. I would think it would be difficult to maintain the two. Please don't take this as an attack, I am just curious. Big Grin

Thank you for asking so kindly =)

There should be no problem between religion and science. If you can see it, touch it, experiment on it, and actually get data, then how can you deny it? As a theist, my position is simple. Mankind was made to interact with a physical world, so the physical evidence that we see around us must have some relevance. This idea is firmly rooted in my religious education.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
23-08-2015, 09:18 AM
(23-08-2015 09:16 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 08:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You might have answered this in another thread--but since you are a theist--how are you able to balance that while majoring in science? I know Rocket Surgeon says his fiancee is able to do that. I would think it would be difficult to maintain the two. Please don't take this as an attack, I am just curious. Big Grin

There should be no problem between religion and science. If you can see it, touch it, experiment on it, and actually get data, then how can you deny it? As a theist, my position is simple. Mankind was made to interact with a physical world, so the physical evidence that we see around us must have some relevance. This idea is firmly rooted in my religious education.

There is an inherent conflict between religion and science, because religion deals with fantasy and science deals with reality.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-08-2015, 09:22 AM

Some interesting wording there.
How do you know that mankind was made?
Of course the physical evidence has relevance, but relevant to what?
[+] 2 users Like RogueWarrior's post
23-08-2015, 09:27 AM

What is your religion, if I may ask?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
23-08-2015, 09:36 AM
I think what we are wondering is, when you take science to its ultimate conclusion you'll find fact, but when you take religion to its ultimate conclusion you'll find woo. Those two don't mix. How do you rectify that? Do you just block that part out?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
23-08-2015, 09:40 AM
(23-08-2015 09:27 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 09:16 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Thank you for asking so kindly =)

What is your religion, if I may ask?

Oh, I'm sorry. I had that in a previous edit and I guess it got cut. I'm Jewish.
23-08-2015, 09:47 AM
(23-08-2015 09:36 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I think what we are wondering is, when you take science to its ultimate conclusion you'll find fact, but when you take religion to its ultimate conclusion you'll find woo. Those two don't mix. How do you rectify that? Do you just block that part out?

No, I don't block it out. I've got it explained to my own personal satisfaction. But to be perfectly honest with you, I can look at my own explanation and see why other people wouldn't accept it. Then I just shrug my shoulders and remember that according to the tenants of my own faith, a belief in a creator isn't necessary or required in any way; it's optional. So if other people don't believe in God, then it's perfectly okay and it is not my responsibility to convince them.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post