• 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Eric Metaxas in WSJ
Why would "universes" pop out at all?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 10:25 AM
(27-12-2014 10:21 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Why would "universes" pop out at all?

So eventually fools could set up cults. Thumbsup
(The question is meaningless ... thanks for proving you have no clue what the question even means, and that you didn't watch the video, AND that you are not even any longer conversant with the debate in 2014 which has passed you by, old man).

But thanks again for demonstrating for you, god is nothing but a gaps argument, as you lack any other, and you NEED one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Ergo, Jesus
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
27-12-2014, 10:36 AM
(27-12-2014 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Totally completely false.

No, it's not false. It is not logical to conclude atheism from the observations available to us both materialistically and philosophically. I would contend that the theism that results doesn't do much for us, but people need to do something else with their thinking-time than try to convince themselves that God doesn't exist. Yes
27-12-2014, 10:40 AM
(27-12-2014 10:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So eventually fools could set up cults. Thumbsup
(The question is meaningless ... thanks for proving you have no clue what the question even means, and that you didn't watch the video, AND that you are not even any longer conversant with the debate in 2014 which has passed you by, old man).

But thanks again for demonstrating for you, god is nothing but a gaps argument, as you lack any other, and you NEED one.

I didn't think you had any answer.
Again, atheism is an untenable conclusion about reality.[Image: pickteeth.gif]
27-12-2014, 10:44 AM
(27-12-2014 10:36 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Totally completely false.

No, it's not false. It is not logical to conclude atheism from the observations available to us both materialistically and philosophically. I would contend that the theism that results doesn't do much for us, but people need to do something else with their thinking-time than try to convince themselves that God doesn't exist. Yes

Logic has nothing to do with it, old man. In 2014, the universe has been proven to be illogical, (non-intuitive). Is Uncertainty "logical" ? Is Relativity "logical" ? Is the math of Dirac's tensors "logical" ?

No.

Logic is necessary, but not sufficient.

So you tell yourself whatever you need to, to be able to sleep at night, Mr. Cult Leader, but Carroll's points stand (in the debate) and you (and WLC) have not even (as per your usual ... thinking that idiot assertions constitute arguments) BEGUN to address the real arguments.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-12-2014, 10:50 AM
(27-12-2014 10:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Again, atheism is an untenable conclusion about reality.

There are only two tenable positions: atheism and pantheism. And for all intents and purpose they are the same.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-12-2014, 10:57 AM
(27-12-2014 10:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I didn't think you had any answer.
Again, atheism is an untenable conclusion about reality.

Not because you say so, without even addressing the issues, old man.

27-12-2014, 11:14 AM
(27-12-2014 10:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 10:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Again, atheism is an untenable conclusion about reality.

There are only two tenable positions: atheism and pantheism. And for all intents and purpose they are the same.

Well, no, not really. They are total opposites. A monistic God has obviously created modalities from His substance, because I'm sure not God in His entirety, even if I'm of the substance of God.

That said, the dualism (modality vs. entirety) may be ultimately illusory, nevertheless, it's part of creation. It's the God-dream we find ourselves in.

(27-12-2014 10:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not because you say so, without even addressing the issues, old man.

Not that I really care, but you keep bringing it up, this "old man" thing. I'm 50. I'm not even a senior citizen yet. And you're getting older, too--you're going to be 50, if God lets you live that long (That is assuming you're not already a senior citizen pretending to be a young man (of 21).). I like being older. I have money, a profession that's well-respected, freedom, and I get to get out of here sooner than you and live on the astral plane.

I mean, really, who'd want to live like you? Even assuming the stuff you say about yourself is true (which it can't all be true). You spend your life insulting people on an atheist forum. I may be a cult leader, but at least I'm trying to do something original and positive. You're just existing, at best on your father's dime and under his thumb, at worst, you're a pathetic liar who gets off in some fantasy world online. You sound jaded and angry and pissed off all the time. You sound like someone who hasn't gotten one damn thing out of life. All you do is shout to the world, "You're all just as fucked up as me! ha ha!" You sound like a prisoner of life.

I wouldn't want to be 21 and be living like you. I'd want to be 85 with a cardiac condition.

But that's me. [Image: dontknow2.gif]
27-12-2014, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 11:25 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-12-2014 11:14 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 10:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There are only two tenable positions: atheism and pantheism. And for all intents and purpose they are the same.

Well, no, not really. They are total opposites. A monistic God has obviously created modalities from His substance, because I'm sure not God in His entirety, even if I'm of the substance of God.

That said, the dualism (modality vs. entirety) may be ultimately illusory, nevertheless, it's part of creation. It's the God-dream we find ourselves in.

(27-12-2014 10:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not because you say so, without even addressing the issues, old man.

Not that I really care, but you keep bringing it up, this "old man" thing. I'm 50. I'm not even a senior citizen yet. And you're getting older, too--you're going to be 50, if God lets you live that long (That is assuming you're not already a senior citizen pretending to be a young man (of 21).). I like being older. I have money, a profession that's well-respected, freedom, and I get to get out of here sooner than you and live on the astral plane.

I mean, really, who'd want to live like you? Even assuming the stuff you say about yourself is true (which it can't all be true). You spend your life insulting people on an atheist forum. I may be a cult leader, but at least I'm trying to do something original and positive. You're just existing, at best on your father's dime and under his thumb, at worst, you're a pathetic liar who gets off in some fantasy world online. You sound jaded and angry and pissed off all the time. You sound like someone who hasn't gotten one damn thing out of life. All you do is shout to the world, "You're all just as fucked up as me! ha ha!" You sound like a prisoner of life.

I wouldn't want to be 21 and be living like you. I'd want to be 85 with a cardiac condition.

But that's me. [Image: dontknow2.gif]

The POINT is, (as I said) you are out of touch. You don't even know the state of the argument these days. As usual you attempt deflection, and don't even attempt to address the ISSUES.

You are totally unable to even begin to address the issues in 2014. THAT is the reason age was raised. You live in the 19th Century, as far as debates go.
All you can do is say "bite me", "so what", and "who cares" when arguments are raised. You are pathetic.