Eric Metaxas in WSJ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: Eric Metaxas in WSJ
(27-12-2014 05:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As I said, you are not even conversant with the arguments and discussions, yet are somehow absolutely convinced you know what you're doing.
You think somehow taking a couple classes makes you competent to re-write what scholars spend lifetimes studying. You're the proverbial clueless bull in a china shop

So what? Drinking Beverage

It's my thing. No one else is capable of writing about Veridicanism except me, not at this point in human history anyway.

And I don't need to know every theological detail of the Christian Church. I have the Gospels. I don't need anything else.

I don't have to prove the existence of God. I don't have to show how Veridicanism is better than Lutheranism. I don't have to explain how this or that doctrine of the Catholic Church is in error. I have God and I have Jesus Christ, and I have the revelation of the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing else is required.

And what could atheists possibly care about theology? There is no reason for you to even be acquainted with it, much less study it.[/quote] You sound foolish even talking about it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 11:36 PM
(27-12-2014 11:29 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't expect you to comprehend this but others like KC especially may be interested.

"Barth's doctrine of election involves a firm rejection of the notion of an eternal, hidden decree. In keeping with his Christo-centric methodology, Barth argues that to ascribe the salvation or damnation of humanity to an abstract absolute decree is to make some part of God more final and definitive than God's saving act in Jesus Christ. God's absolute decree, if one may speak of such a thing, is God's gracious decision to be for humanity in the person of Jesus Christ. Drawing from the earlier Reformed tradition, Barth retains the notion of double predestination but makes Jesus himself the object of both divine election and reprobation simultaneously; Jesus embodies both God's election of humanity and God's rejection of human sin."

We are all elect. No action or belief required and not a damn thing we can do about it.

Well, that's not in keeping with the teachings of Jesus Christ, and I only follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. There is no other teacher. There is no other leader. There is no other minister. Just Jesus Christ.

You might as well stay an atheist. All your spouting there is a satanic deception. Munching on the apple, so to speak. [Image: devil1.gif]

And of course Gordo the Magnificent. Apparently Jebus needs YOU.
Yet more proof you are unable to process anything, and only spout "retorts"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2014, 11:41 PM
(27-12-2014 07:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Read the gospels? Why the hell would I want to do that? They weren't written by eyewitnesses and when the writers finally did get around to writing them it was decades after the supposed event happened. The only thing the Jesus story means is that people like to embellish stories.

It doesn't matter. They're not history texts. The stories are what save you. Yes, Jesus Christ is alive as a spirit, and those who are born again can spiritually sense his life all around them, but the Gospels--the words of the Gospels, the stories are what matter. They impart eternal truth, and in so doing they cause the core of your mind, your spirit, to be eternal--when those truths are understood.

One doesn't believe in Jesus of Nazareth as a historical figure in order to be reborn. Rather, one believes in Jesus Christ, the living Son of God. One has an experience of that being through the Gospel stories.

There is nothing like the Gospels. Jesus of Nazareth lived his life in exactly the way that was needed so those Gospels would be written exactly as they are. It has nothing to do with history.

It is only an interesting fact that Jesus actually lived on earth. It is not a necessary fact for our salvation.
27-12-2014, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 11:48 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-12-2014 11:41 PM)Gordon Wrote:  There is nothing like the Gospels. Jesus of Nazareth lived his life in exactly the way that was needed so those Gospels would be written exactly as they are.

Really ?
And yet YOU feel the need to change them and re-write them. You now claim they were written EXACTLY the way that was needed, and yet you say you are re-writing them.
WTAF ?????
Are you on drugs ? Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-12-2014, 11:45 PM
(27-12-2014 11:29 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Well, that's not in keeping with the teachings of Jesus Christ, and I only follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. There is no other teacher. There is no other leader. There is no other minister. Just Jesus Christ.

What this atheist is telling you is you ain't got the teachings right. Not even close. Not your fault, your momma probably just didn't raise you right.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-12-2014, 11:48 PM
(27-12-2014 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And what could atheists possibly care about theology? There is no reason for you to even be acquainted with it, much less study it.

Who better to study it?

(27-12-2014 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You sound foolish even talking about it.

Everyone does.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-12-2014, 11:48 PM
(27-12-2014 08:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Why would anyone engaged in the monumentally idiotic task of "combining" them tell someone to read the 4 originals ? If the original gospels were good enough for the ancients, AND you're being told to read them, yet by implication they're not good enough, it truly boggles the mind what this idiot thinks he's up to.

Science has demonstrated that ANY 'remembered" event is reinterpreted by human brains. The MOST the gospels are, are commentaries on what and how the (supposed) events were seen to have impacted those who were (already) believers. And that's assuming good faith in the authors/editors, (something I am not willing to grant as the fathers of the church accused each other of deception).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rly-church

There is an error. Not in the Gospels, per se. If one didn't have the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, they could use the other Gospels and get the eternal truths they need, but there is a better way.

The Gospel is not 4 different Gospels. It's one record, and today it is supposed to contain the information from the Gospel of Thomas. That's what my work does, plain and simple, it creates the single Gospel record. It's not actually an original Gospel, it's a synthesis of what has always been there, and what should be there.
27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
(27-12-2014 11:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And what could atheists possibly care about theology? There is no reason for you to even be acquainted with it, much less study it.

Who better to study it?

(27-12-2014 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You sound foolish even talking about it.

Everyone does.

How typical. Instead of addressing the POINT raised, he always attempts to defect, as he is really incapable of making any coherent argument.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-12-2014, 11:52 PM
(27-12-2014 11:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Really ?
And yet YOU feel the need to change them and re-write them. You now claim they were written EXACTLY the way that was needed, and yet you say you are re-writing them.
WTAF ?????
Are you on drugs ? Tongue

Nope. Clean and sober. The fact is, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ was always intended for this age. The other Gospels were written for the previous age. This is the age of the second coming. It began in 1945. It will last a thousand year, maybe more. Until the end of the earth, I suppose.

The four NT Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas were created and were useful, but they were always intended to be the ingredients of the Veridican Gospel. That's a fact. Yes
27-12-2014, 11:53 PM
(27-12-2014 11:29 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You might as well stay an atheist. All your spouting there is a satanic deception. Munching on the apple, so to speak. [Image: devil1.gif]

ooooh, I must be all scary and shit.

[Image: bb.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post