Eric Metaxas in WSJ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Eric Metaxas in WSJ
(27-12-2014 11:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What this atheist is telling you is you ain't got the teachings right. Not even close. Not your fault, your momma probably just didn't raise you right.

You won't find a teaching of Jesus Christ that supports universal reconciliation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 11:56 PM
(27-12-2014 11:54 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 11:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What this atheist is telling you is you ain't got the teachings right. Not even close. Not your fault, your momma probably just didn't raise you right.

You won't find a teaching of Jesus Christ that supports universal reconciliation.

You keep telling yourself that Eddie. You don't hear The Word, you have never heard The Word.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 12:06 AM
(27-12-2014 11:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 11:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Really ?
And yet YOU feel the need to change them and re-write them. You now claim they were written EXACTLY the way that was needed, and yet you say you are re-writing them.
WTAF ?????
Are you on drugs ? Tongue

Nope. Clean and sober. The fact is, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ was always intended for this age. The other Gospels were written for the previous age. This is the age of the second coming. It began in 1945. It will last a thousand year, maybe more. Until the end of the earth, I suppose.

The four NT Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas were created and were useful, but they were always intended to be the ingredients of the Veridican Gospel. That's a fact. Yes

Sure it is. Sure it is dear. Bla bla bla bla bla. And you don't have delusions of grandeur. No. Not at all. Weeping
It's also a fact that with every post you prove yourself to be loonier than a fucking fruitcake.
And of course the Lord of the Universe waited for YOU to come along to get what needed to be done, accomplished with the gospels.
Nothing happened in 1945. I sure hope you don't think is has to do with the fact that the democracy (NOT KINGDOM as was "prophesied"), comprised of more of Arabs than Jews.

You are good for good humor. There is that. That's about all though.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-12-2014, 12:57 AM
(27-12-2014 11:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You keep telling yourself that Eddie. You don't hear The Word, you have never heard The Word.

So, point it out. I'm willing to change my mind. Point it out.
28-12-2014, 01:03 AM
(28-12-2014 12:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And of course the Lord of the Universe waited for YOU to come along to get what needed to be done, accomplished with the gospels.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I want to address it. God didn't wait for me; God created me specifically for this.

And it's not like the Gospel wasn't there--but the Gospel record was not finished. I know this. A single Gospel record is required to prepare the elect for the age of the Second Coming of Christ--one that is synthesized with the Gospel of Thomas.

The age began in 1945. [Image: preach.gif]
28-12-2014, 01:20 AM
(28-12-2014 01:03 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 12:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And of course the Lord of the Universe waited for YOU to come along to get what needed to be done, accomplished with the gospels.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I want to address it. God didn't wait for me; God created me specifically for this.

And it's not like the Gospel wasn't there--but the Gospel record was not finished. I know this. A single Gospel record is required to prepare the elect for the age of the Second Coming of Christ--one that is synthesized with the Gospel of Thomas.

The age began in 1945. [Image: preach.gif]

[Image: GO-FUCK-YOURSELF-w179l6.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-12-2014, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 02:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-12-2014 01:03 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm glad you brought this up, because I want to address it. God didn't wait for me; God created me specifically for this.

Isn't that special.

Thumbsup

And I'm the Queen of Sheba. You're fuckin' nuts. I hope you know that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-12-2014, 02:29 AM
(28-12-2014 12:57 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 11:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You keep telling yourself that Eddie. You don't hear The Word, you have never heard The Word.

So, point it out. I'm willing to change my mind. Point it out.

[Image: LOLno.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2014, 01:11 PM
(27-12-2014 10:36 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 10:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Totally completely false.

No, it's not false. It is not logical to conclude atheism from the observations available to us both materialistically and philosophically. I would contend that the theism that results doesn't do much for us, but people need to do something else with their thinking-time than try to convince themselves that God doesn't exist. Yes

I need no convincing of that any more than I need convincing that there aren't fairies in my orchard.

As an atheist, I am making no claim. You still don't fucking get it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-12-2014, 01:16 PM
(27-12-2014 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 03:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Why would I have ever known about that doctrine? Universal reconciliation is not a teaching of Jesus Christ, in fact quite the opposite. It doesn't even make sense. How can you believe in a mechanism of salvation that is contradicted by the very being providing the salvation?

I don't expect you to comprehend this but others like KC especially may be interested.

"Barth's doctrine of election involves a firm rejection of the notion of an eternal, hidden decree. In keeping with his Christo-centric methodology, Barth argues that to ascribe the salvation or damnation of humanity to an abstract absolute decree is to make some part of God more final and definitive than God's saving act in Jesus Christ. God's absolute decree, if one may speak of such a thing, is God's gracious decision to be for humanity in the person of Jesus Christ. Drawing from the earlier Reformed tradition, Barth retains the notion of double predestination but makes Jesus himself the object of both divine election and reprobation simultaneously; Jesus embodies both God's election of humanity and God's rejection of human sin."

We are all elect. No action or belief required and not a damn thing we can do about it.

Except that the lack of evidence makes all of that extremely unlikely.

Besides, it's toxic. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]