Erin and Issac would like to help you get to catholic heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: Erin and Issac would like to help you get to catholic heaven.
They've been married six months? I'll give it another six months before he comes out as gay.

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like philosopher's post
21-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Makes me think of the movie Bambi- "twitterpated" is what I see.
21-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Hmmm.

For Example 1.2

Isaac answers a phone call from God. But then Erin says for us to turn off our phones and lava lamps to spend time with God and grow in our faith. How am I supposed to hear from God if I turn off my phone, how can I see his face with out melted goo?

And fuck iPhone for capitalizing God. I give up trying to lowercase it all the time.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
21-02-2016, 06:04 PM
But they can almost dance. That makes them *so* cool.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2016, 06:08 PM
(21-02-2016 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But they can almost dance. That makes them *so* cool.

I'm disappointed they didn't do the sprinkler. That would have been a lot more heterosexual. Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
21-02-2016, 06:20 PM
1.3 "...we will find a created being that was not created..."

Please tell me these are poe videos and that nobody is really that deluded
Weeping

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-02-2016, 06:55 PM
These kids aren't nearly as creepy as my French, highly reactionary, very intellectual Opus Dei cousins. Sadcryface

Even when I was a practicing Catholic, I thought they were totally out to lunch.

One of them married another Opus Dei member who was raised atheist and later converted. She actually once said to me "isn't the mass the most beautiful thing ever?" What could I say? Even as a practicing Catholic, I never found the mass "beautiful": more like boring as f*ck, but whatever

These were highly educated, post-grad, grandes écoles-attending professionals who would leave their 3 toddlers UNATTENDED in their Paris apartment for 2 HOURS so they could go to MASS during the WEEK for no other reason than they loved it. Gasp

So, next to my cousins, this couple just seems incredibly naïve and lame, but more pitiful than scary IMO.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
21-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Get off the second exit and turn left then once you hit the McDonalds turn right. If you hit Hell you have gone too far

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
21-02-2016, 07:43 PM
(21-02-2016 06:55 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  These kids aren't nearly as creepy as my French, highly reactionary, very intellectual Opus Dei cousins. Sadcryface

Even when I was a practicing Catholic, I thought they were totally out to lunch.

One of them married another Opus Dei member who was raised atheist and later converted. She actually once said to me "isn't the mass the most beautiful thing ever?" What could I say? Even as a practicing Catholic, I never found the mass "beautiful": more like boring as f*ck, but whatever

These were highly educated, post-grad, grandes écoles-attending professionals who would leave their 3 toddlers UNATTENDED in their Paris apartment for 2 HOURS so they could go to MASS during the WEEK for no other reason than they loved it. Gasp

So, next to my cousins, this couple just seems incredibly naïve and lame, but more pitiful than scary IMO.

Gasp Never, Never, NEVER left my children all alone, EVER, until the eldest was like 14 and had proved responsible. What the HELL were they thinking? That a priest would swing by and "take care" of them? No
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post