Err, China...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Err, China...
Is this really necessary?
Quote:The Chinese military has defended the holding of naval exercises in waters between Australia and Indonesia.

China's Defence Ministry says last week's exercises were not aimed at any particular country.

It's believed the Chinese navy has never before held such activities so close to Australia.

Chinese television reports have showed what appeared to be simulated combat drills, including weapons firing.

But the Chinese Defence Ministry has told the ABC that this was "normal training" as part of an annual plan.

In a statement in response to questions, the ministry also said that the exercises were "not aimed at any countries" and had "nothing to do with the regional situation".
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-14/an...ia/5259244

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: Err, China...
Err, Iran as well...

Quote:Iranian warships in the Atlantic Ocean are to sail close to US maritime borders for the first time, a senior naval commander has said.

Iranian media quoted Adm Afshin Rezayee Haddad as saying the deployment was a response to US vessels in the Gulf.

The fleet consists of a destroyer and a helicopter-carrying supply ship.

It began its voyage last month and entered the Atlantic though South African waters, the IRNA news agency quoted the admiral as saying.

The Iranian ships are reported to be carrying about 30 navy academy cadets for training along with their regular crews. They are on a three-month mission.

Correspondents say that the voyage comes amid continuing efforts by Iran to to project its power across the Middle East and beyond.

The semi-official Fars news agency said the move was a response to an increased US naval presence in the Gulf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-26105749

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
17-02-2014, 03:21 PM
(17-02-2014 06:36 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Is this really necessary?

No, it's saber rattling and provocation. But the Western militaries do the same thing, so it's not fair to call out China and Iran as though a childish military mentality was unique to them.
[+] 3 users Like frankksj's post
18-02-2014, 12:25 AM
This is the sort of shit all the big powers do to show off their power and send the "don't fuck with us" message. China has come of age economically, and that prosperity is allowing them to come of age militarily as well. It's almost as if someone in China read "The Art of War" and realized that economic might and military might are coupled.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
22-02-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 08:03 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
I've got to say although I don't think it is necessary or aimed at Austrilia or Indonesia, but I like it as an sign of actual learning from the USA. Hafnof, you konw I was troubled by the questions asked about the Tiananmen Square Incident of 1989. How I wished the government had handled the issue as brilliantly as the crackdown of the Occupying of Wallstreet. Health regulations, cleaning reasons ... How clever ! That's what the Ukrainians still hasn't learned.

Want something? Then do something.
22-02-2014, 08:04 PM
So what? Let em practice. Nobody is stopping australia from doing the same thing.
23-02-2014, 06:13 AM
Australia isn't a particularly important nation on the world stage, but we like to think we have some kind of positive relationship with China. Some of us at least want to see the best in China and to be in a position to explain her actions to the West and vice versa. Having her come into our yard and shit on our lawn like this doesn't make for the best of friendships, though.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Australia has all natural kangaroo populations in the world -- of course you are important in the world stage.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
24-02-2014, 03:45 AM
(23-02-2014 06:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Australia isn't a particularly important nation on the world stage, but we like to think we have some kind of positive relationship with China. Some of us at least want to see the best in China and to be in a position to explain her actions to the West and vice versa. Having her come into our yard and shit on our lawn like this doesn't make for the best of friendships, though.

Relax they just practice. Stop being so paranoid and enjoy life. If they will attack then feel free to complain.
If people practice karate doesn't mean they are going to break your bones.