Escape game.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Escape game.
In the past I have tried to create new games after being inspired by the mafia games, with limited success. I have come up with a new concept and am looking for five people to take part in my new game.

So what does the game entail? The concept is simple. Five players will have to escape from 5 different scenarios, with each scenario containing a logical soloution and also a logical way to die. You win by making it to the end of all scenarios.

Here is an example of a scenario.....

"Players start out on one side of a long corridor next to a door with an electronic keypad. In the middle of the corridor will be a large, impassable hole. On the other side of the corridor, inaccesible to the players because of the hole, will be an identical door and keypad. If any players make any attempt to either climb down or traverse the hole to reach the other door they will will fail and be killed and will be eliminated from the game.

Three out of five players will have a number tattoed on their wrists that need to be discovered in game by the players. The numbers are 1,1,2 and need to be inputted into the keypad in the correct order to escape the room"

In a game situation only I will know this, players will see this.....

"All players have started in a corridor.The walls of the corridor are white with a touch of silver and everything looks precise and clinical, almost futuristic. Next to the players is a large, sealed door with an attached numerical keypad. The whole doorway looks similar to what todays lift entrances look like in buildings. There is light but no visible source.

In the middle of the corridor it looks like there has been an explosion. The whole floor for about 5 ft in distance is missing and around the hole lies a lot of broken, loose floor rubble. On the other side of the large hole is another doorway, with its own numerical keypad identical to the one next to players."

In this example you have hindsight to the solution. However in play, players will be free to discuss what they face. They can interact with me in game in the form of actions, these actions can literally be anything as long as they are achievable and realistic. With the example scenario I have given some examples of actions could be.....

"Action. Examine the rubble around the floor"

"Action. Prise open doorway"

"Action. Run and jump over hole"

"Action. Throw rubble down hole"

"Action. Use keypad"

As long as a post has the word action in front of it I will take that as participation and will respond logically. My responses will vary on the action, I may describe something in detail to people who ask to examine something.... To describing any consequences that direct actions take. You are responsible for your own action in game.

So its a little like detective work, working collectively to solve problems, with some hazards thrown in to spice things up. Like I say I need 5 people to try it. If anyone has any questions ill try my best to explain.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Escape game.
I'm fucking in, sounds awesome.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-02-2015, 10:19 AM
(06-02-2015 10:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I'm fucking in, sounds awesome.

Sweet, I have 5 fiendish and interesting rooms ready, just need a few more people and we can go.

07-02-2015, 10:33 AM
I could join as long as there are no time limits and stuff.

I've stopped playing Mafia because timezones are a bitch.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
07-02-2015, 11:53 AM
(07-02-2015 10:33 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I could join as long as there are no time limits and stuff.

I've stopped playing Mafia because timezones are a bitch.

Cool. There are no time limits or pms to be sent. Everything is done in the thread.

To try and explain things differently and more basically to make everything easier to understand.....

Players will be presented with a detailed scenario. There will be a logical way to escape and it will be up to the players to discuss amongst themselves what they face and work together to find the solution.

Players can interact with the scenario in any way. The only limitation is it should be realistic, like it would be something you would do in real life. These interactions are called actions and are used by writing the word,action, at a start of the post.

Players have unlimited actions however they are limited to one at a time. Once I have replied to the action, players can then make another action.

Any ilogical or unrealistic actions will be answered by me with pass. I forsee that there could potentially be other actions, or the way people word them, that might get a pass reply.

"action. What would happen if i jump over the hole?"

"action. Where does the hole lead too"

"action. Can i touch the high voltage cable"

"action. Kill other player"

Those examples will get the pass reply as the first three are asking revealing questions and the fourth is just ilogical and stupid.

There are hazards in each scenario, some will be blatantly obvious whilst others may have a risk factor. If any player does succumb it will be fully explainable why, there will be no hidden traps or unfair surprises.

Whilst the scenarios I have devised are intricate, none of them are impossible and all are completely logical.

08-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Thanks for offering A2 and undergroundp but there seems little interest, so I cant really do it with just two people.

Maybe some other time.

08-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Me pick me. I wants to play. Please.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Vosur said he'd play too Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-02-2015, 11:36 AM
I am super excited Big Grin

09-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the first room......

Players have stepped into a large, enclosed room. All four of the walls and the ceiling are bare and dazzlingly white. In the middle of one of the walls are two doorways, simple openings. Beyond both of these doorways is nothhing but blackness, a void to someplace else. In between the doorways is an inscription that reads..

"Omnes pulvere stellarum sumus"

.... And below the inscription, also between the two doors stands a figure in a hooded black robe.

The floor of the room is covered in a mosaic of a black and white spiral that leads to the center of the room and at this center are two bowls. One bowl is white and has small white tablets in and the other bowl iis black, with small black tablets in. Etched into the white bowl is the word "bonum" and etched into the black is "nocens"

SPECIAL ROOM RULES.

All players are responsible for their own actions, however if anybody goes through either of the doorways they take the whole group with them.

Players can die.

[+] 4 users Like bemore's post