Escape game V.2.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Escape game V.2.0
(10-01-2016 06:57 PM)Worom Wrote:  *turns and faces the transparent wall to speak*

I chose not to participate in this last round of decision making, as I felt that firing the black gun would cause the death of the kitten and I didn't want to be directly responsible for the death of the kitten. However, by my inaction I'm still indirectly responsible for the death of the first kitten. As to why the group as a whole chose to kill the kitten I think is because there was a consensus that no other action seemed to be the appropriate option, especially with the action limit that has been given to us for this series of tests, coupled with an overwhelming will that all of us want to get out of this experiment alive. Heck for all we know the only way we can actually die is if someone takes the black gun and kills us all with it in a rampage of death and destruction. So ultimately I believe the death of the kitten was an act out of sheer desperation to learn more about our situation, which ultimately we did learn more as we now know there is a hatch that opens that a robot comes through to replace the kitten. We also learned that there is some type of technology that prevents us from moving while the hatch is open, I assume to prevent our escape through the hatch as well as preventing us from interfering with the robot.

However there is an action that all of us overlooked and that was to ask you the researcher what the purpose of this experiment is, although it is unlikely would have told us everything we needed to know if anything at all.

I ask the others to add thier own input as well on if they agree or disagree with my assessment and if they would like to add more to it.

The female voice speaks from the camera.

"Thank you for your detailed answer worom. Whilst you have decided to speak on your own behalf, my instructions did state that anybody who answers, would speak for the whole group. Therefore there is no need for anybody else to reply at this stage. Your answer has been noted. I remind the group that you have 16 actions remaining before this social experiment ends"

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Well, ok then.

Action: put the kitten in the case.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
11-01-2016, 12:39 AM
I chose to kill the kitten because I felt that in order to move on, the guns would need to be used, whether on the kitten, or on one of us. I would choose the animal rather than my comrades.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-01-2016, 12:40 AM
UGH, fuck.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-01-2016, 07:18 AM
We still could try shooting the kitten with the white gun Tongue

I don't know guys, I'm out of ideas. Unless we all shoot each other.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-01-2016, 08:57 AM
(11-01-2016 07:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  We still could try shooting the kitten with the white gun Tongue

I don't know guys, I'm out of ideas. Unless we all shoot each other.

I'd rather not get shot Tongue

Turkeyburner is going to try an put the kitten in the box, lets see what happens with that.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
11-01-2016, 10:18 AM
(10-01-2016 08:51 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Well, ok then.

Action: put the kitten in the case.

TurkeyBurner picks up the newly introduced kitten and places it in the case. He shuts the case lid, nothing happens. He opens the lid of the case and the kitten is just sitting there looking at the group, before it curls up and begins to go to sleep.

The siren sounds from the camera

"You have 15 actions remaining"

The countdown on the wall counts down from 16 to 15.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
11-01-2016, 11:17 AM
SUMMARY:
Scenario:
The group have found themselves in a square white, clinical looking room measuring around 50 feet x 50 feet. 3 of the walls are bare but one of the walls looks to be made of glass or perspex as it is see through. Written at the top of the the see through wall is written

1 moor tnemirepxe laicos

Beyond the see through wall is a white corridor with the same clean, clinical looking appearance as the room the group are in. Standing in the corridor are three men dressed in white laboratory clothing. They each hold a clipboard and all three are looking into the room at the group. They occasionally speak to one another and appear to be taking notes, it is impossible though to hear what the men are saying as the room is soundproofed.

In the center of the room is a small metal briefcase.

In one of the upper corners of the room is a security camera which appears to be watching the group. Underneath the camera, curled up and quietly asleep on the floor is a small white kitten.

As the group take all of this in, a loud siren rings from the security camera in the room, followed by a female voice that says.

“Countdown begins”

On the wall opposite the transparent wall, the number 25 appears seemingly from nowhere and it covers the entire wall.

Previous actions:
1: Thoroughly and carefully examine the case and listen to the case for any sounds inside of it.
RESULT: The case is lying flat down and appears quite plain in appearance. It looks clean, almost clinical, like the rest of the room. The case has two hinges at the back and doesnt appear to have any locking mechanisms holding it shut, although it does look like it can be opened. Worom gets on his hands and knees and approaches the case slowly, he gets his head as close as he dares to the case and listens. There is nothing but silence and after a about ten seconds worom gets back on his feet.

2: Pick up the cat and see if it's wearing anything around its neck or if it has any marks
RESULT: It peers up at her and begins to mew. She bends down and picks up the kitten and beings to examine it. It looks only a week or two old and has no collar and no markings on it whatsoever. Its fur is pure white and it soons becomes comfortable in her arms and dozes off.

3: Open the case
RESULT: The case opens up and inside it is empty apart from 2 futuristic looking handguns. The two handguns are identical in appearance except one is white and one is black.

4: Pick up and examine the white gun, looking for how it may function, if there is a magazine, and if its a projectile weapon or something else.
5: Do the same as Worom with the Black gun
RESULT: Both guns are very plain in apperance with neither of them having any writing or markings on them whatsoever. Both guns seem like sealed units, there does not seem to be anywhere where a magazine would go, nor is there anywhere where a cartridge could be discharged nor any mechanism, like a slide, that could so such a thing. The only part that looks like it could move would be the triggers on both guns. They each have a hole in their barrels, indicating that possibly a projectile could come out if fired.

6: Shoot the barrier with the black gun
RESULT: The gun makes a loud cracking noise and shoots out a small, round projectile. The projectile impacts the transparent wall and is simply absorbed into it, leaving behind no markings, cracks or evidene that it had just been impacted other than the projectile itself, which just remains there.

7: Carefully press, with my hand, on the "glass"/transparent wall that separates us from the people in labcoats to see if my hand passes through.
RESULT: He places his hand against it gently. It feels solid. He gradually increases the pressure and places both hands on the transparent wall. No matter how softly, or how hard he presses against it, it remains solid.

8: Aim and fire the white gun at the cat
RESULT: The kitten sits down and looks up at worom as he pulls the trigger.... There is a loud bang as the gun goes off, exactly the same as when the black gun was fired by erx but this time no projectile comes out of the white gun. It has fired a blank round and the kitten remains unharmed.

9: Shoot the poor kitten with the black gun
RESULT: Turkeyburner takes the black gun and he points it at the kitten, who is playfully and innocently playing with its own tail. Turkeyburner aims and squeezes the trigger...

The black gun shoots and like before it fires a projectile, it hits the kitten which sends it skitting along, leaving a trail of blood and a small white tuft of fur until it stops in the corner. It lies there motionless and dead.

There is a buzzing noise and the group all find themselves unable to move, paralysed on the spot. Somehow, like some unknown technology, a hatch appears in the wall and opens up. Out of it comes a small robot which moves towards the corner where the kitten lies. It picks up the body of the kitten and retreats back and through the hatch. After a few seconds the robot reappears with another white kitten, which it places down before once again retreating through the hatch. The hatch closes and disappears, like it was never there.

The siren sounds from the camera and the group find themselves free to move once again and the womens voice speaks...

"You have 16 actions remaining. Why did you choose to kill the kitten? Any of you can answer without using up an action"

Worom then gave his mea culpa... that resulted in:
"Thank you for your detailed answer worom. Whilst you have decided to speak on your own behalf, my instructions did state that anybody who answers, would speak for the whole group. Therefore there is no need for anybody else to reply at this stage. Your answer has been noted. I remind the group that you have 16 actions remaining before this social experiment ends"

10: Put the kitten in the case.
RESULT: TurkeyBurner picks up the newly introduced kitten and places it in the case. He shuts the case lid, nothing happens. He opens the lid of the case and the kitten is just sitting there looking at the group, before it curls up and begins to go to sleep.
We have 15 actions remaining.

So, I am really disappointed that we didn't get to keep the body of the kitten we killed. I was hoping to test the white gun on the dead kitty because I really thought it might somehow resurrect it. So, we still do not know the function of the white gun (unless its only purpose is to make a sound).

However, we have learned

1. The black gun does indeed appear to kill when fired at a living creature.
2. We apparently need a live kitten to escape the room since the "game" conveniently provided us with a spare.
3. The box does not appear to do anything to a kitty placed inside it.
4. In addition to watching us via camera, the entity controlling the experiment can hear us.
5. The entity is apparently interested in our intentions/motivations since it asked why we chose to kill the kitten. (Which, I suppose, is to be expected from a social experiment.)

Thoughts:
Should we pet the kitten (show some empathy)?

I do think our next few actions, if possible, should be less consequential and more oriented toward attempting to gather information.

Unless someone objects, I am thinking we should just ask the camera for an explanation of why we are here. Seems like as good of a use of our actions as any, without the risk of using the guns. We may want to consider how we phrase the question. Assuming we are going to get any answer at all, what exactly do we want to know? Is it something vague like "Why are we here?" Or, should we be more specific like "What hypothesis is being tested in this experiment?" Could it be something incredibly simple like "How do I leave this room?" or "Will you pretty please let us out now?"

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
11-01-2016, 11:43 AM
I should also add:
1. I did not mention attempting to ambush the robot or open the hatch as I believe the whole robot/paralyzation/hatch business to be a case of deus ex machina, thus my conclusion that a living kitten is necessary for solving the puzzle. I could totally be wrong about this and should have mentioned in my previous post how I came to the conclusion about the kitten.
2. Worom mentioned in his mea culpa (that turned out to be the group response by default) the heretofore overlooked option of simply asking the entity-in-charge about the purpose of the experiment. I re-read my post and it sounds like I made the same proposal as though it were my idea and without any acknowledgement to Worom for having already made the suggestion. My apologies to Worom for my lack of decorum. (In my head, that rhymes.)

[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
11-01-2016, 11:51 AM
(11-01-2016 11:43 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I should also add:
1. I did not mention attempting to ambush the robot or open the hatch as I believe the whole robot/paralyzation/hatch business to be a case of deus ex machina, thus my conclusion that a living kitten is necessary for solving the puzzle. I could totally be wrong about this and should have mentioned in my previous post how I came to the conclusion about the kitten.
2. Worom mentioned in his mea culpa (that turned out to be the group response by default) the heretofore overlooked option of simply asking the entity-in-charge about the purpose of the experiment. I re-read my post and it sounds like I made the same proposal as though it were my idea and without any acknowledgement to Worom for having already made the suggestion. My apologies to Worom for my lack of decorum. (In my head, that rhymes.)

No worries, I have no objection to asking a question of the person running the experiment, I agree though that we will need to phrase it in such a way that we can gain as much information as possible. Assuming that we will be given any information at all.

Also I volunteer to pet the cute fluffy little kitten dawwww

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan