Escape game.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Escape game.
(09-02-2015 04:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Is there a limit to how many actions can be preformed?

I don't think so, I mean as long as you've got an answer you can go for another action I guess, infinitely.

I wonder how complex this will be and whether the obvious good/bad dichotomy has to do with the solution.

We've got black vs white, good vs bad and references to astronomy. The spiral could signify a galaxy, at the center of which could either be a black or a white hole. Black hooded figure could be death, and the two doors could be gates to "heaven" or "hell" (or "right way" and "wrong way") which could be interpreted in a religious way, in contrast to the secular "we are all stardust".

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much Tongue

Action: Examine shape of tablets

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 05:25 PM by Atothetheist.)
(09-02-2015 05:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 04:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Is there a limit to how many actions can be preformed?

I don't think so, I mean as long as you've got an answer you can go for another action I guess, infinitely.

I wonder how complex this will be and whether the obvious good/bad dichotomy has to do with the solution.

We've got black vs white, good vs bad and references to astronomy. The spiral could signify a galaxy, at the center of which could either be a black or a white hole. Black hooded figure could be death, and the two doors could be gates to "heaven" or "hell" (or "right way" and "wrong way") which could be interpreted in a religious way, in contrast to the secular "we are all stardust".

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much Tongue

Action: Examine shape of tablets

I had the same thought as well. I almost believe that the dichotomy is to throw us off. I want to gather more info. There are four players, which essentially means we have essentially four tries at this game. Five rooms. We can't throw away our lives.

Can the pills tablets be eaten (Should they be)?
Can we feed the hooded figure the pills?
Do we ask him a question?

I wonder what would happen if one of us crosses the room and enters into a door.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Is there room for one more? Losty won't let me alone Tongue
If not, cool! Shy

Just out of curiosity, are the bowls lined up straight with the doors to either side of them?
Looked at as if from above:

[door] <------- (G-bowl) ---- (B-bowl) -------> [door]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
(09-02-2015 05:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I had the same thought as well. I almost believe that the dichotomy is to throw us off. I want to gather more info. There are four players, which essentially means we have essentially four tries at this game. Five rooms. We can't throw away our lives.

I wonder what would happen if one of us crosses the room and enters into a door.

Bemore said that if one enters a door, we all have to, so that won't work.

Are these questions aimed at bemore? I think questions should be stated as actions.

(09-02-2015 05:23 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is there room for one more? Losty won't let me alone Tongue
If not, cool! Shy

Just out of curiosity, are the bowls lined up straight with the doors to either side of them?

Same applies to you Guley Tongue

I think questions are actions. But to answer your question, I'm pretty sure bemore mentioned that the doors are on the same wall, so I suppose it's not like that.

As for the players, I think it's just me, Losty, A2 and Losty says Vosur will be in too. So I suppose there's room for one more. Besides, no one else has come to claim a seat! Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
09-02-2015, 05:49 PM
O.k. so I reread it! Tongue

Action: Check out if there are arms of the spiral on the floor that end at the doorways. Like one door is at the end of a white arm, and the other at the end of a black one.

@ everyone else:
We got 5 each of the pills... should we like stomp on one of each to see what they're made of? Maybe throw one of each into each of the doors to see what happens? Or do you think the 5 good pills are something we have to take in order to survive some... illness, or disease, or something?

09-02-2015, 07:02 PM
(09-02-2015 05:49 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  O.k. so I reread it! Tongue

Action: Check out if there are arms of the spiral on the floor that end at the doorways. Like one door is at the end of a white arm, and the other at the end of a black one.

@ everyone else:
We got 5 each of the pills... should we like stomp on one of each to see what they're made of? Maybe throw one of each into each of the doors to see what happens? Or do you think the 5 good pills are something we have to take in order to survive some... illness, or disease, or something?

I'm interested in the hooded figure more than the floor pattern. I think he/she is the key to finding more about it.

Maybe one of us should ask it a question, see what happens?

09-02-2015, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 07:29 PM by Atothetheist.)
(09-02-2015 05:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 05:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I had the same thought as well. I almost believe that the dichotomy is to throw us off. I want to gather more info. There are four players, which essentially means we have essentially four tries at this game. Five rooms. We can't throw away our lives.

Bemore said that if one enters a door, we all have to, so that won't work.

Are these questions aimed at bemore? I think questions should be stated as actions.

(09-02-2015 05:23 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is there room for one more? Losty won't let me alone Tongue
If not, cool! Shy

Same applies to you Guley Tongue

I think questions are actions. But to answer your question, I'm pretty sure bemore mentioned that the doors are on the same wall, so I suppose it's not like that.

As for the players, I think it's just me, Losty, A2 and Losty says Vosur will be in too. So I suppose there's room for one more. Besides, no one else has come to claim a seat! Tongue

My questions were not aimed at Bemore, but rather some interesting thoughts that came to me that might get us on the right track to solving
This one.

[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
09-02-2015, 07:27 PM
(09-02-2015 07:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  

@ everyone else:

I'm interested in the hooded figure more than the floor pattern. I think he/she is the key to finding more about it.

Losty asked it if it had any advice for us. Shy
We'll see if it speaks!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-02-2015, 08:38 PM
(09-02-2015 07:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  

@ everyone else:

I already did Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Just to clarify A2 there is no limit of the total amount of actions you can have. However you can only have one at a time. As soon as I have replied to your action, you can have another.

(09-02-2015 04:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Action: Inspect The black hooded figure.

A2 studies the black figure. It is hard to tell any gender as the figures shoulders, build and posture dont really reveal much and the robes it wears look slightly too big for it and they hang down in places.

(09-02-2015 04:22 PM)Losty Wrote:  Action: ask the hooded figure if s/he has any advice for us.

Losty asks the figure if it has any advice to give them...

"When you have a problem, you can take something for it...."

(09-02-2015 05:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Action: Examine shape of tablets

Underground takes a closer look at the tablets. Both the white and black tablets are the same shape and weight. They are quite small and oval shaped.

(09-02-2015 05:49 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Action: Check out if there are arms of the spiral on the floor that end at the doorways. Like one door is at the end of a white arm, and the other at the end of a black one.

Gulegon studies the black and white spiral on the floor. It has many different arms on the spiral. They are all the same however they dont appear to correspond with any of the doorways or anything in the room.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.