Escaping Spirituality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Escaping Spirituality
(03-06-2017 07:05 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 01:33 PM)AB517 Wrote:  You are interested in forcing your belief on others. Just like a run of the mill fundamental theist...

Way to represent atheism.

This proves that you have very little understanding of atheism. Any/all fundamentalists belong to religious movements that're characterized by strict beliefs in the literal interpretation of its religious texts.

Atheists hold no "religious" beliefs; have no dogma; no "holy" book; and no specific codes of ethics or morals.

In short, we have NO belief to "force" onto others—unlike Christian proselytisers.

observations says different. observations say some atheist force "lack of belief" as the only logical solution to anything that they don't like. just like theists.

some atheist define what the universe is doing using anti-religion, anti-god, anti-spirituality to decide how the universe works. just like theists. some atheists have the dogma of 'anti-religion' or lack belief no matter how reasonable a claim may be.

i could find a list of what some atheist do that look awfully similar to things that theist do.

key word ... some, not all. as the number grows we are getting more rational atheists. its just they don't have the energy to post pathologically for a cause that is less dangerous then most other things in their lives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 09:10 PM by Cosmo.)
[Image: 58598d1338694946-sns-mystery-product-internet-memes-all]
[Image: e86424fbb8df006377189f9659135ca7.jpg]
[Image: 2281744323375462.jpg]

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
04-06-2017, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 06:55 AM by AB517.)
(03-06-2017 09:04 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  [img]htt://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachments/58598d1338694946-sns-mystery-product-internet-memes-all[/img]
[img]htts://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/64/24/e86424fbb8df006377189f9659135ca7.jpg[/img]
[img]htt://cdn22.funscrape.com/Images/2/2281744323375462.jpg[/img]

Its just a fact ladies and gents. but if you want to push atheism not having the people types (personalities traits) that are exhibited in every other large group, that proves my point again. I hear it all the time "my belief is not a religion, its a relationship with ________(fill in the blank)." usually the blank is a personal reality. sometimes it matches the data we have and sometimes it doesn't.

I like the blue dude. When facts get in the way of a personal opinion ... bbla bla bla it. Literal religious people do that too. I do it too when people's opinion are over the hedge.

let gets back to the original claim. as often happens, when facts, or understanding is pasted, the need to ignore, insult, and belittlement take hold. you'll know, dehumanize the messenger. lucky I am jerk and don't care, facts are facts.

escaping spirituality.

My claim is that there is no need to blunty deny all spiritual claims. Spirituality, to me, is the emotional connection to something larger and more complex than the individual. so they claim, anyway. I just apply what we know to that claim. aka; claim check

Thinking universe is a hot topic. lets hit the heavy first.

It is considered possible by many respected scientist. The standard model points to it as a real possibility. For me, I can't go universal. But I can pick more manageable volumes space.

In fact, if we pick a reasonable volume of space it becomes empirical. It becomes a matter of explaining, using reasonable interpretations, of what those people think they feel. And showing them where they are wrong and where they are correct.

My claim is that there are volumes of the universe that "think". we can, if we choose, discuss a reasonable volumes. All volumes of space process information. "thinking" is a type of processing categorized by humans. Just the facts ladies, cosmo doesn't have to like it.

Claiming no parts of the universe are thinking and that those nodes are not interacting with their surroundings is flat out false. no reasonably trained person would do that. however, like christian scientist, we also have wack-a-dues

Saying there is no part of the universe thinking is unreasonable because it does not match observations.

If we want to push beliefs that are not supported by observations then we are as bad as the literal theist. I personally feel that there are more atheist that are reasonable then atheist that are unreasonable but they do not pathologically post.

cosmo is so emotionally attached to her lack of belief that she completely lost it over the word 'wants" .

so for all of you would be wanna beeze, when you freak out or have a strong emotional response, address the emotion first. then list the real claim and supporting facts.

also, young grasshoppers, everything our enemy says is not wrong. just because it came out of the mouth of a dope doesn't mean its dead wrong.

there are no unreasonable statements in this claim. Its my opinion, that people with no emotional stake in an answer often are better to objectively analyze a claim.
that doesn't mean we aren't wrong.
04-06-2017, 06:52 AM
[Image: 1600px-Trippa.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
04-06-2017, 06:53 AM
(04-06-2017 06:45 AM)AB517 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:04 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  [img]htt://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachments/58598d1338694946-sns-mystery-product-internet-memes-all[/img]
[img]htts://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/64/24/e86424fbb8df006377189f9659135ca7.jpg[/img]
[img]htt://cdn22.funscrape.com/Images/2/2281744323375462.jpg[/img]

Its just a fact ladies and gents. but if you want to push atheism not having the people types (personalities traits) that are exhibited in every other large group, that proves my point again. I hear it all the time "my belief is not a religion, its a relationship with ________(fill in the blank)." usually the blank is a personal reality. sometimes it matches the data we have and sometimes it doesn't.

I like the blue dude. When facts get in the way of a personal opinion ... bbla bla bla it. Literal religious people do that too. I do it too when people's opinion are over the hedge.

let gets back to the original claim. as often happens, when facts, or understanding is pasted, the need to ignore, insult, and belittlement take hold. you'll know, dehumanize the messenger. lucky I am jerk and don't care, facts are facts.

escaping spirituality.

My claim is that there is no need to blunty deny all spiritual claims. Spirituality, to me, is the emotional connection to something larger and more complex than the individual. so they claim, anyway. I just apply what we know to that claim. aka; claim check

Thinking universe is a hot topic. lets hit the heavy first.

It is considered possible by many respected scientist. The standard model points to it as a real possibility. For me, I can't go universal. But I can pick more manageable volumes space.

In fact, if we pick a reasonable volume of space it becomes empirical. It becomes a matter of explaining, using reasonable interpretations, of what those people think they feel. And showing them where they are wrong and where they are correct.

My claim is that there are volumes of the universe that "think". we can, if we choose, discuss a reasonable volumes. All volumes of space process information. "thinking" is a type of processing categorized by humans. Just the facts ladies, cosmo doesn't have to like it.

Claiming no parts of the universe are thinking and that those nodes are not interacting with their surroundings is flat out false. no reasonably trained person would claim "no volume is". however, like christian scientist, we also have wack-a-dues

Saying there is no part of the universe thinking is unreasonable because it does not match observations.

If we want to push beliefs that are not supported by observations then we are as bad as the literal theist. I personally feel that there are more atheist that are reasonable then atheist that are unreasonable but they do not pathologically post.

cosmo is so emotionally attached to her lack of belief that she completely lost it over the word 'wants" .

so for all of you would be wanna beeze, when you freak out or have a strong emotional response, address the emotion first. then list the real claim and supporting facts.

also, young grasshoppers, everything our enemy says is not wrong. just because it came out of the mouth of a dope doesn't mean its dead wrong.

there are no unreasonable statements in this claim. Its my opinion, that people with no emotional stake in an answer often are better to objectively analyze a claim.
that doesn't mean we aren't wrong.
04-06-2017, 07:15 AM
(04-06-2017 06:45 AM)AB517 Wrote:  [...] I hear it all the time "my belief is not a religion, its a relationship with ________(fill in the blank)." [...] Spirituality, to me, is the emotional connection to something larger and more complex than the individual.

Pot meet kettle?
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
04-06-2017, 07:33 AM
How my peeps have it, unfogged. With heaps of garlic Dodgy

[Image: originalnoshkembe3.jpg]

[Image: shkembe_chorba_3.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-06-2017, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 01:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-06-2017 08:42 AM)AB517 Wrote:  Yeah, My claim stands and is reinforced by your graphs. We need to talk about what some of tose graphs really mean.

Uh, no it's not. It is refuted by those graphs. You do realize those graphs are on a logarithmic scale, right? You do know how to read a graph with a logarithmic scale, right? You do know what a logarithmic scale is, right? You do know what a logarithm is, right? 'Cause your post indicates that you don't.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2017, 01:12 PM
(28-05-2017 01:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I consider myself to be a spiritual atheist--without the woo mind you. I practice a lot of yoga and live my life based on yogic principles and I feel it has enhanced my life in many ways. My point is- it is possible to be spiritual and an atheist without the woo if you want to be. That said, "being spiritual" is not for everyone and if it causes you distress, it's time to shove it out the door.

So what to do? First, what beliefs do you have? Where does your spirituality lie? Once we know more about that, it's much easier to help unpack all of that and ship it off to woo land Wink

My own personal position is quite simple. I have studied what Jesus is supposed to have taught and i feel that most of His teachings are valid. He is also quoted as saying not to worship him, and I don't but I try to follow his teachings in general If that comes across as spiritual so be it.
04-06-2017, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 01:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-06-2017 08:42 AM)AB517 Wrote:  Yes again, "artificial" is a "word" used for communication reasons. But the fact is the universe makes everything. It is going to evolve. humans are just the best protein it ever made ... to date, that we know of.
that is empirical, so arguing it become a silly endeavor, with a silly person, to me.

That has absolutely nothing to do with your claim that "AI" is a "null term". But you do seem like a silly person if that's what you're trying to say.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post