Escaping religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Escaping religion
Welcome!

I almost started a thread on the subject of black christians but I'm a white atheist woman so I don't have any personal experience with the subject. It would seem to me that it's akin to being a Jewish Nazi but maybe that's not exactly the best analogy either.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2016, 12:10 PM
G'day Lovenbutterflies, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
20-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

(18-05-2016 12:46 AM)Lovenbutterflies Wrote:  I've even hAd a friend say I can't be atheist since I'm black.

That speaks to a frightening level of ignorance. I can't even imagine how their mind made that leap.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-05-2016, 06:49 PM
(20-05-2016 08:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I almost started a thread on the subject of black Christians but I'm a white atheist woman so I don't have any personal experience with the subject. It would seem to me that it's akin to being a Jewish Nazi but maybe that's not exactly the best analogy either.

I think that's a perfect analogy. I never could understand why would blacks worship and believe in a Jewish white guy. But then, I don't understand why Americans worship and believe in a middle eastern deity. If America puts up Donald's wall to keep out Muslims surely Jesus Christ would have one helluva time coming to 'Murica if such restrictions were enforced regarding immigration. LOL

Seriously, it's all laughable.

I went to church in downtown Detroit when I was a teenager. I loved worshiping with blacks. I loved their voices and their passion. But what I loved more was learning about Voudon. How the blacks brought Voudon to America and how it was incorporated into Xtianity. Voudon (aka voodoo) was/is a beautiful method of religion that encompasses the male and female balance. It's really a shame that Xtianity got its hooks into it and demonized Voudon (just like they did with paganism).

I can't imagine I'd ever survive living in the bible belt since I am incapable of keeping my mouth shut. The main thing is that we bring atheism to the forefront and communicate to the world what it is. It's NOT a belief in something. It is the understanding that the belief system that is prevalent in society is severely lacking evidence.

Why is it considered necessary to bring all evidence into a court of law to convict someone of a crime but it isn't even an issue when no evidence is available to prove an existence of a god? Why are non-theists/atheists demonized? Because theologians have always done it that way in order to KEEP the MONEY in their CHURCHES.

If you want to find the reason for something illogical or insane....... just follow the money.

Tallulah