Escaping the world and finding a new one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2011, 08:00 AM
RE: Escaping the world and finding a new one
(01-09-2011 10:38 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I really just plan on not coming back =p I'd prefer not dealing with the past all too often. Better to handle it now than after I leave. I'm still working on some of the paperwork stuff and I'm not sure what I'll do about things like my bank account yet. I have a few months to figure it all out though =p and I have storage space for everything I don't take if I might want it later. One of the major concerns is seeing what animal air travel entails.

But I'm more asking about things to do where I am than preparation for a move. There's always something you forget =p

Air travel?? All the fur on my culottes just uncurled.
Somehow, i imagined a long and interesting drive, not the awfulness of airports these days. Animals are stuffed into cages and usually sedated. I've seen one dog shortly after an air trip, and she exhibited no ill effects; have not shipped a cat - but i admit few cats make good car companions. Three days of "yeee-oooo-wwwww, mo-rooooo" would probably push me over into the capital punishment camp.

Return your library books and any other borrowed items.

Oh, and Quebec is lovely in spring, too. I have nothing good to say about February, though.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I remember taking a nice trip to all of the lovely things in my state before I left for Japan. I went to the Atlantic ocean, to the Chesapeake bay, and to Cold Creek and to of course, Annapolis. I brought my easel and camera. I took this trip by myself for self reflection. I made no calls or got on the internet or anything like that. (I called my dad every evening for five minute so he could be assured that everything was okay).

I collected some cool art and made some of my own. This trip gave me time to be peaceful before the big craziness of moving and leaving behind everything.

I actually miss my little solitary vacations. I used to take weekends and fly up to Boston or down to Atlanta...as young as 18.

Anyways, take a mini vacation of your hometown/state and go to the places you loved as a young person... it helps keep your memories fond.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
02-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Plan to, and peterkin I don't drive so of course I'm flying.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-09-2011, 11:35 AM
(02-09-2011 02:38 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I hit the button. It did nothing Sad
The button only works for those who really believe in it's effect.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
02-09-2011, 05:10 PM
(02-09-2011 11:35 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(02-09-2011 02:38 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I hit the button. It did nothing Sad
The button only works for those who really believe in it's effect.

Damn my skeptical mind Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]