Essential oils

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
10-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Essential oils
Is this woo or do some actually serve a purpose?

I'm hearing chatter it about from neighborhood mom acquaintances and I think it's now got one of those "home party" sales following.

Trying to figure out if I should take a closer look, but don't want to get sucked into that home party vortex of hell just to satisfy curiosity if it's all woo.

I was under the impression it's woo, but haven't actually looked into it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Essential oils
I know for sure if nothing else eucalyptus oil will open my sinuses.

But so will Vicks Vaporaub or a nasal spray with menthol.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-09-2014, 08:02 PM
It depends. Mostly on what you are using them for. Essential oils are useful for cooking and in scents (perfume soap etc) but as far as any medical benefits I would be highly skeptical.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Shy

[Image: how309-handbook-snake-oil-200.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-09-2014, 08:25 PM
funny seems we posted about the same thing. been looking into this for a month or so and decided to post now.
10-09-2014, 10:49 PM
If for nothing else essential oils are a great excuse for rubbing and feeling up your partner. Drooling

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
10-09-2014, 11:07 PM
I use them in a diffuser because they don't have 200 chemicals that set off my asthmatic mother when she comes over like all the other room scent products. So for hypoallergenic purposes the smell is nice and fresh. But I don't think you'll get less rashes, higher IQ or glossy hair. Shy
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
11-09-2014, 01:12 AM
(10-09-2014 11:07 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I use them in a diffuser because they don't have 200 chemicals that set off my asthmatic mother when she comes over like all the other room scent products. So for hypoallergenic purposes the smell is nice and fresh. But I don't think you'll get less rashes, higher IQ or glossy hair. Shy

I was so counting on the glossy hair. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-09-2014, 01:18 AM
A quick search on google scholar showed some research showing that they are antibacterial, and useful in disease management. I didn´t read more, as I should be studying Tongue
11-09-2014, 01:30 AM
(11-09-2014 01:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 11:07 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I use them in a diffuser because they don't have 200 chemicals that set off my asthmatic mother when she comes over like all the other room scent products. So for hypoallergenic purposes the smell is nice and fresh. But I don't think you'll get less rashes, higher IQ or glossy hair. Shy

I was so counting on the glossy hair. Weeping

You and me both… mine is a lion's main, but not so glossy.