Estates and wills, tales of woe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Estates and wills, tales of woe
(22-01-2015 02:46 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  My father died when I was young. But his father my grandfather died when I was in my Twenties. My aunt and my step grandmother took everything. I have not received anything. They act like my father never existed. It's pathetic. Last time I saw my aunt her home was in atrocious condition and she was selling everything she could to get by just ten years later.. I still can't figure out how they squandered his money. That man had hundreds of thousands. He also had a hundred thousand dollar gun collection. I got three firearms. The funny thing is she considers herself a devout Christian.

Sounds about right, Jack.

When my grandfather died my uncle swooped in and took all the fine china, the antique furniture, the grand piano, all the Irish lace table cloths and anything that was nice. My grandfather was a dentist and collected all kinds of old dental stuff from the 1920's which was worth quite a lot. My uncle took the dental stuff too. Anything he didn't want he put in a pile in my grandfathers backyard and burned. He never asked anyone else if they wanted anything, even something of sentimental value, he just barged ahead and did what he wanted.

This uncle wasn't poor either. He had a villa in Nice, France (which he "summered" in) and a spectacular home in San Francisco.

Class A bastard, my uncle.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Estates and wills, tales of woe
(22-01-2015 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 05:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have seen nothing else that will bring out a person's real nature quite like thinking they may get a dime out of someone's death.

You ain’t kidding sister!

My parents have made me executor of their will, I am the oldest of four brothers. I am also the most frugal and in my opinion the most particular about fairness and thus following the final wishes of our parents.

My three brothers work together in the medical field, one is a surgeon and employs the other two who are RN/MSN/ARNP/surgical nurse/office manager. None of the three seem capable of keeping a cent in their pockets, live high on the hog and are always asking our parents for “loans”. WTF

Mind you my parents live off of the income from their investments plus SS. So when they borrow and not pay back as per their agreement they are in essence stressing our parents financially. Mom and dad, especially mom, can’t say no to any of them and when they (mom and dad) have asked me what I think in regards to additional monetary help I have always counseled them to first insist that they (my brothers) must first cut back on their lifestyle before loaning them any more money. I find it so disrespectful and egotistical that they won’t sell their second home or boat or do without the fancy sportscars or the kept women on the side before asking for a hand out. Censored

My parents have helped them out over the years to the tune of a shit-load of money, much of it has yet to be repaid. We all see where this is going, the day the will has to executed my very well be the last time any of them speak to me.

The four of us are so different on our approach to life that I sometimes I wonder if I wasn’t adopted. Huh

End of rant for now, to be continued.

My husband's mother passed away some years ago. Her sister is responsible and takes care of herself. The three brothers (my husband's uncles) are worthless bloodsuckers who did everything they could to drain their parents dry, and they had a lot. Over the years grandfather made everyone of them sign IOUs that were to be deducted from any inheritance if left unpaid.

Husband's grandfather decided that due to the early death of my MIL he would change his will to leave what would have been her's to my husband and his sister. This happened about a year and a half ago. Conveniently the brothers never quite got around to taking grandpa S to have his will notarized and filed with the courts. Then Grandpa died after oldest uncle was taking him home from the doctor and he fell over backward on the concrete and died of a brain injury. When they realized my husband knew the will existed they shredded it and went off the previous will. IOUs also mysteriously Dodgy vanished.

Husband's aunt knew that what happened was wrong and sent some money to both my husband and his sister out of her share.

The whole thing was and still is disgusting. One of these scumbags is living in the grandparents' home now though it was specifically and clearly stated that was against the grandparents' wishes.

I always knew they were trash - sure was nice of the two brothers to prove it. The other brother is dumb as a box of hair and went along with his older brothers. The aunt thought that in the end her big brothers would do the right thing.

Yeah, how'd that work? Censored Good Christians too, one and all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply