Estrogen saves combat lives.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2015, 03:54 PM
RE: Estrogen saves combat lives.
(01-11-2015 09:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 07:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Seems like you'd have to have a couple of months of estrogen for that to happen. When my transgender daughter started estrogen hormones it took 6 months along with testosterone blockers for any kind of boobs to develop. She gives herself estrogen shots every two weeks.

Nobody gets my jokes. Weeping

Also what are testosterone blockers? I've heard of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) blockers like finasteride which block the conversion of testosterone to DHT and shunt it towards estrogen but not direct testosterone blockers per se. Do you recall the name of the drug? I'm curious.

It's called spironolactone. I don't think it's actually listed as an anti-androgen but it's used off label by the transgender community to block testosterone . It has something to do with being a potassium sparing diuretic and it does something to the steroid receptors .......or something like that.

I might be wrong but I think it's also given to heart patients. The trans community calls it spiro for short.

The things I had to learn about when my daughter transitioned......Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-11-2015, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 04:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2015 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 09:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nobody gets my jokes. Weeping

Also what are testosterone blockers? I've heard of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) blockers like finasteride which block the conversion of testosterone to DHT and shunt it towards estrogen but not direct testosterone blockers per se. Do you recall the name of the drug? I'm curious.

It's called spironolactone. I don't think it's actually listed as an anti-androgen but it's used off label by the transgender community to block testosterone . It has something to do with being a potassium sparing diuretic and it does something to the steroid receptors .......or something like that.

I might be wrong but I think it's also given to heart patients. The trans community calls it spiro for short.

The things I had to learn about when my daughter transitioned......Rolleyes

I'm thinking me and you daughter could have an interesting and productive conversation regarding hormone manipulation. Big Grin

#sigh
01-11-2015, 04:11 PM
(01-11-2015 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 09:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nobody gets my jokes. Weeping

It's called spironolactone.

Well I'll be goddamed.

#sigh
01-11-2015, 05:53 PM
(01-11-2015 04:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's called spironolactone.

Well I'll be goddamed.

Are you looking to manipulate your hormones?......That is.....more that you already are? I use a ladies testosterone cream, 2%. I think guys use something like 20%?

It kinda gives me a little extra push when I exercise and for other fun activities in life (wink, wink) but it's low enough in strength to not grow facial hair and lower my voice. I'm in my fifties now so I need a little boost and it keeps my muscles from disintegrating. I cycle it. I don't take any estrogen. Estrogen scares me.

Where do you get your testosterone? Do you get it legally? I know a couple people at the gym who go to Mexico and sneak it over the border. They haven't been caught...........yet. Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-11-2015, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 06:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2015 05:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Are you looking to manipulate your hormones?

Been manipulating them more than a decade.

(01-11-2015 05:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where do you get your testosterone? Do you get it legally?

From my doctor.I am hypogonadal. My fellas are in hibernation.

#sigh
01-11-2015, 06:15 PM
(01-11-2015 05:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Estrogen scares me.

Estrogen scares the shit outta me too. It is implicated not only in breast cancer but in prostate cancer as well.

#sigh
06-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Estrogen gave me a rocking figure; amazing hips, nice boobs, and a cute face. One of the few perks of being trans :-P
[+] 3 users Like jojorumbles's post
06-12-2015, 10:40 AM
(06-12-2015 10:30 AM)jojorumbles Wrote:  Estrogen gave me a rocking figure; amazing hips, nice boobs, and a cute face.

Me too. Oh and acne, like all over my back. Weeping

#sigh
06-12-2015, 12:05 PM
(31-10-2015 04:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 04:25 PM)skyking Wrote:  The question was "is this a short time treatment?" Answer is yes, an immediate injection to save your life in the first hour after a trauma.

You're still gonna get man boobs. Drinking Beverage

There, there Girly, I got your reference. Cool

Which of these is you by the way? I’m guessing Woolly Mammarians.

[Image: man+boobs+1.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
06-12-2015, 01:28 PM
(06-12-2015 12:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 04:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're still gonna get man boobs. Drinking Beverage

There, there Girly, I got your reference. Cool

Which of these is you by the way? I’m guessing Woolly Mammarians.

[Image: man+boobs+1.jpg]

OMG.Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load Holy shit. That's the funniest fuckin thing I've seen....at least for last two days. The back boobs..... Laugh out load