Eternal Life: A New Vision (Bishop John Shelby Spong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Eternal Life: A New Vision (Bishop John Shelby Spong
I'm as Atheist as they come (okay, maybe more like Sam Harris, not quite like Dawkins) but I was listening to CBC radio and author John Shelby Spong was talking about God/religion/afterlife and his book "Eternal Life". I found his views fascinating and from the way he talked he sounded like he had seen the truth and would be an Atheist, if not for his "love of the Church". One thing he said was (along the lines of) "I see THROUGH religion, not past it". So I downloaded chapter one of the ebook (free) and think I will hit up the library to get the book and read some more. Anyone else read it?
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 02:29 AM
RE: Eternal Life: A New Vision (Bishop John Shelby Spong
(14-02-2011 07:07 AM)Free_Thinker Wrote:  "I see THROUGH religion, not past it".

What is that supposed to mean??? To me it sounds just like another one of those "I can see something that you can't see cons".

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone read Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth dancefortwo 6 359 03-09-2013 10:02 AM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Read "Life Before Life" Egor 26 991 01-06-2013 11:57 PM
Last Post: Mr Woof