Eternal Punishment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Eternal Punishment
Nobody is going to be punished FOREVER. There is no such statement in the Bible that someone is going to be punished FOREVER.
The only ones who are going to be punished FOREVER are Lucifer, his demons and sons of Perdition. Atheists(non-believers) are not in this group.

But there is term as "eternal punishment". It doesn't mean that someone will be punished forever.
"Eternal punishment" is called "eternal" so people will know that it comes from eternity or eternal God/Gods. It doesn't mean it will last FOREVER.
So, only true prophets understand true meaning of words "eternal punishment".
I just shared with all of you this knowledge whether you need it or not.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Eternal Punishment
Where does it say in the bible Lucifer is going to be punished forever?

You're just flexing your hermeneutics as if true

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Alla's on a roll today. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:02 PM
(02-10-2015 11:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Where does it say in the bible Lucifer is going to be punished forever?

Lucifer or Satan has no body of flesh and bones. He will never have it. It is punishment not to have physical body.
He fell from heaven, those who fall from heaven will go to Outer Darkness FOREVER.

02-10-2015, 12:03 PM
(02-10-2015 11:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Alla's on a roll today. Laugh out load

Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
02-10-2015, 12:04 PM
(02-10-2015 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  "Eternal punishment" is called "eternal" so people will know that it comes from eternity or eternal God/Gods. It doesn't mean it will last FOREVER.

Can I get some of whatever you're smoking? I cannot even convey how little sense this makes. Eternal punishment and punishment by an eternal god are different. Why doesn't it say "You'll be punished for a few years, then go to heaven"? That's just a fluffy feel good version of the actual doctrine.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 3 users Like Imathinker's post
02-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Rev 14:11 “And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Forever and ever.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 7 users Like Imathinker's post
02-10-2015, 12:16 PM
(02-10-2015 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Where does it say in the bible Lucifer is going to be punished forever?

Lucifer or Satan has no body of flesh and bones. He will never have it. It is punishment not to have physical body.
He fell from heaven, those who fall from heaven will go to Outer Darkness FOREVER.

You claim to know this because?

Where is the bible quote? if you just know it and it isn't from the bible, what is the point of bickering about what the bible says anyway, that isn't where anything comes from that matters to you apparently. So your comments about it don't even matter.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-10-2015, 12:19 PM
tl;dr

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
02-10-2015, 12:24 PM
(02-10-2015 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  But there is term as "eternal punishment". It doesn't mean that someone will be punished forever.
"Eternal punishment" is called "eternal" so people will know that it comes from eternity or eternal God/Gods. It doesn't mean it will last FOREVER.

How long does it last, then?

(02-10-2015 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, only true prophets understand true meaning of words "eternal punishment".

This sounds like a super-big cop out.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post