Eternal Punishment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Eternal Punishment
(02-10-2015 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  ---
So, only true prophets understand true meaning of words "eternal punishment".
-

So.
You come here to explain this thing "eternal punishment".
Then, you run into some issues trying to explain it, realizing you probably don't understand it well enough yourself to explain it.
So you just say, "Oh well, these guys knew what they were talking about so just take their word as being true.".

Yep. Cop out. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
02-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Eternal Punishment
The last Christian church I was a part of had something similar to this. There's a belief about how humans are destined to die once (a verse somewhere), resurrected for a millenium (during which God/Jesus were in control and therefore undeniable), after which those then refused to follow would be allowed to die one final time with no threat of hell or everlasting torture.

It went on to say that Satan and his loyal demons would be locked up for eternity since he had done his job and was no longer needed to tempt us.

They believed there were no passages that determined any human was to be eternally punished other than a final death. They also didn't believe in an immediate afterlife, either.

Didn't say it made any damn sense. Smile
02-10-2015, 01:44 PM
(02-10-2015 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  Nobody is going to be punished FOREVER. There is no such statement in the Bible that someone is going to be punished FOREVER.
The only ones who are going to be punished FOREVER are Lucifer, his demons and sons of Perdition. Atheists(non-believers) are not in this group.

But there is term as "eternal punishment". It doesn't mean that someone will be punished forever.
"Eternal punishment" is called "eternal" so people will know that it comes from eternity or eternal God/Gods. It doesn't mean it will last FOREVER.
I just shared with all of you this knowledge whether you need it or not.

The above is the result of NOT knowing the bible. Alla of which is totally ignorant.

Matthew 25:46King James Version (KJV)

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
02-10-2015, 01:47 PM
I ran into a born-again this morning, she claimed the only way to be saved from eternal damnation was through Jesus Christ.
I told her I don't believe her, then she laid Pascal's Wager on me. It was about time for me to leave, so I informed her about all the other guys and asked her what if she's wrong. I hope she thinks about it.
She's in the right place though. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
02-10-2015, 01:47 PM
<waiting for the "everlasting doesn't mean eternal" argument> Popcorn

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
02-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Let's let the real *cough, cough* prophet handle this...

A couple of conclusions seem inescapable. The doctrine of hell is essentially child abuse. The original post is a presentation justifying the doctrine of hell. It doesn't matter how many words one puts between the "official doctrine" and "my interpretation" to make oneself able to sleep at night, when one presents a justification of the doctrine of hell, one is enabling child abuse.

You know what Holy Spirit is? Christians around here seem pretty clueless about this essential ingredient of becoming Christian. You're not feeling it. I feel it. When anyone mentions hell in my presence, Holy Spirit in me wants to go old school prophet with alacrity, and color a rock with the gray of their brain matter. Do you know what it is like to stand before a person, holding the stone, feeling the cool surface, living the vibration of righteous indignation where you know with absolute certainty that despite the heinous nature of the act you are about to perform; nothing, no part of your being is hesitant to produce judgement? 

I devised a thought experiment during my prophet OTJ days that involved going up to random Christians and with the presence of Holy Spirit, looking into their eyes, and verily telling them "I will burn in hell for you." I needed to know in no uncertain terms that if I were to draft the religion of Gwynnite, no one's "immortal soul" would be thus endangered.

And they looked back with tangible loathing. 

Then I knew the meaning of the doctrine of hell was nothing more than a marketing ploy. A means for many Christians to maintain a sense of moral superiority based upon empty platitudes and meaningless ritual. Hell has nothing and can have nothing to do with god. It is patently fucking absurd. There is no "without god;" not in the absolute sense.

Holy Spirit is tao, the essence of motion; god is the spirit of creation. Holy Spirit is felt when it is necessary that it be felt. Good action does not need religion. God does not need identity. These are all absurdities brought forward the common sense of a senseless commons. People believe because their parents believe, because their friends believe; because we as humans have always believed. Until Holy Spirit speaks through a prophet. Religion in the past has helped societies preserve cohesion, has offered psychological comfort, has given groups of people a common focus and a common ground.

These punishment doctrines are perpetuated by people who feel powerless against a seemingly cruel entropic universe. They developed before a detailed understanding of psychology and the development of neuroscience illustrated the mechanics of mind. Things that can be described as "evil" are going to happen. Crimes are going to go unpunished. Justice is not always going to be served. God cannot stop this. Religion cannot stop this. What we can do is build the most educated, tolerant, scientifically literate society possible; and clinging to outmoded religious thought is not serving this goal.

This is hell. Let's get out of it.  Heart

Previously posted on af.org by this clown. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 01:52 PM
This is all a moot point until a god is even proven to exist.

Until then, back to the Casual Coffeehouse for me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Many believers differ, referring to the same texts. Way more believers think hell, fiery or not, is the consequence for unbelief.

The voice in your head tells you there's eternity but no hell--but people who didn't believe the right thing are still separated? Fine. Grant for the moment that that bullshit is correct (though it's not, it's nonsense): it's all good for me. I have no desire to meet you IRL or in the afterlife, so being separated eternally is A-okay with me.

But consider: You will have to answer to your god about why you chose to turn so many possible believers away by being such a bad advocate for him. Have fun in your heaven, if you get there.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
02-10-2015, 01:55 PM
(02-10-2015 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  Nobody is going to be punished FOREVER. There is no such statement in the Bible that someone is going to be punished FOREVER.
The only ones who are going to be punished FOREVER are Lucifer, his demons and sons of Perdition. Atheists(non-believers) are not in this group.

But there is term as "eternal punishment". It doesn't mean that someone will be punished forever.
"Eternal punishment" is called "eternal" so people will know that it comes from eternity or eternal God/Gods. It doesn't mean it will last FOREVER.

That's nice dear. But we've had enough of your fairy stories for today.
Actually we've just plain had enough of your nonsense, in general.
You don't really actually think anyone takes anything you say seriously, do you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
(02-10-2015 01:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

That's nice dear. But we've had enough of your fairy stories for today.
Actually we've just plain had enough of your nonsense, in general.
You don't really actually think anyone takes anything you say seriously, do you ?

I kinda read her post as taking a smallish step toward atheism. Smile

Actually, I think that's exactly why she's here because she doesn't really believe in the so-called prophets at all.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post