Eternal Punishment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 12:42 PM
RE: Eternal Punishment
(02-10-2015 04:17 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 03:59 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  So, in your beliefs, what does happen to nonbelievers in the afterlife?

Please explain.

Yeah really, I'm feeling pretty good about this. I don't have to bother with religion in this life, and I don't go to hell in the afterlife. Where's the incentive?
If you don't wish for yourself THE BEST then really why bother? Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 12:46 PM
(03-10-2015 12:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 04:17 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Yeah really, I'm feeling pretty good about this. I don't have to bother with religion in this life, and I don't go to hell in the afterlife. Where's the incentive?

Then you can have peace of mind and joy in every action in you life as it is now. You don't have any care or worry for the threat of the future you just live in the moment without expectation or anxiety but with peace and sensible enjoyment in life.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-10-2015, 12:59 PM
(03-10-2015 12:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 12:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  If you don't wish for yourself THE BEST then really why bother? Smile

Then you can have peace of mind and joy in every action in you life as it is now. You don't have any care or worry for the threat of the future you just live in the moment without expectation or anxiety but with peace and sensible enjoyment in life.

Yes, if you wish for yourself good(telestial glory) or better(terrestrial glory). But if you wish for yourself the best(celestial glory) you have to know what to do to have it.

03-10-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 02:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-10-2015 12:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 04:17 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Yeah really, I'm feeling pretty good about this. I don't have to bother with religion in this life, and I don't go to hell in the afterlife. Where's the incentive?

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Girly don't wish. I make it so.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
(03-10-2015 12:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 12:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  If you don't wish for yourself THE BEST then really why bother? Smile

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Girly don't wish. I make.
Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
03-10-2015, 01:24 PM
(03-10-2015 12:27 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do you justify any sensible understanding of this "spirit" not just being your brains confirmation bias. A concept well documented and known to confirm the way people accept data they agree with and distrust or alter data they don't agree with.
When Spirit testifies it is not only about what happens in your brain.
It is more than that.
If it was just brain these kind of thing would never happen:
Prayer question: Heavenly Father, please tell me what I should do? I am so unhappy, I am so lonely, ......."
A: Clean your room.
What?! what does it have to do with anything?
Then you cleaned the room , then you started to understand something you never understood before.
Very often God gives us unexpected answers but when we follow through we start to see/understand what we didn't see before. We have guidance.

When Spirit teaches it is more like intuition than thinking. It is when you convinced something is true but you have no idea why.

03-10-2015, 01:31 PM
(03-10-2015 01:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  When Spirit teaches it is more like intuition than thinking. It is when you convinced something is true but you have no idea why.

Gosh, it's almost like you just convince yourself of something with no justification, and magically it was god's doing.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
03-10-2015, 01:46 PM
(03-10-2015 01:31 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 01:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  When Spirit teaches it is more like intuition than thinking. It is when you convinced something is true but you have no idea why.

Gosh, it's almost like you just convince yourself of something with no justification, and magically it was god's doing.
Intuition is not when you convince yourself. It is when something else convinces you but you don't know what and why.

03-10-2015, 01:51 PM
(03-10-2015 01:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 01:31 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Gosh, it's almost like you just convince yourself of something with no justification, and magically it was god's doing.
Intuition is not when you convince yourself. It is when something else convinces you but you don't know what and why.

It is amazing that you can be so intellectually dishonest as to think there is some kind of spirit teaching you things you know you are just desperately clinging to for comfort.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
03-10-2015, 01:53 PM
(03-10-2015 01:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 12:27 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do you justify any sensible understanding of this "spirit" not just being your brains confirmation bias. A concept well documented and known to confirm the way people accept data they agree with and distrust or alter data they don't agree with.
When Spirit testifies it is not only about what happens in your brain.
It is more than that.
If it was just brain these kind of thing would never happen:
Prayer question: Heavenly Father, please tell me what I should do? I am so unhappy, I am so lonely, ......."
A: Clean your room.
What?! what does it have to do with anything?
Then you cleaned the room , then you started to understand something you never understood before.
Very often God gives us unexpected answers but when we follow through we start to see/understand what we didn't see before. We have guidance.

When Spirit teaches it is more like intuition than thinking. It is when you convinced something is true but you have no idea why.

You really don't understand how subconsciousness works at all.. that might be a scary reason why you attribute these things to god. I hope you are at least safe in this mental state of yours but I would think far more studying of things not stated by "prophets" but just simple folk who dedicated testing and studying to how brains function.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson