Eternal Reocccurence.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Eternal Reocccurence.
Friedrich Nietzsche is best known for his very strong disregard for what he saw as the subservient nature of Christianity and his support for the will of the individual.
He loved adventure which is all the more to his credit given his enduring poor health.

Neitzsche has often been wrongly linked to Fascism; in fact he did not like the Germans at all and it was his sisters romance witha nazi officer which may have led to the idea that he supported a strong nationalism.

So much for that; as a seemingly avid materialist and atheist he held a weird idea about eternal re occurence......a sort of ground hog day. I think he related this idea with some relevance to astronomy and it seemed to worry him.
Can any one perhaps provide further info re this seemingly contradictory notion?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
28-12-2011, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 02:41 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Eternal Reocccurence.
(27-12-2011 09:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  So much for that; as a seemingly avid materialist and atheist he held a weird idea about eternal re occurence......a sort of ground hog day. ... Can any one perhaps provide further info re this seemingly contradictory notion?

Where's the contradiction? Fucker just recognized a specific background resonance and postulated that it might be fixed. ...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-12-2011, 11:31 AM
If I ever finish this book of Kant, I'm gonna hafta get me a book of Nietzsche. That's eternal reoccurrence. Wink

Grumble, grumble, philosophy, mumble, mumble... why does it hafta be so dang philosophical? I can guess. He saw the wheels within wheels but he misinterpreted the precession. I would assume from what you post and what little I know of the cat that he was pessimistic about the future as he may have seen a version of "same shit different age." I postulate "misinterpreted" because I am optimistic that some shit actually takes an age to grow out of - like Christianity, or money, or locality. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2011, 10:56 PM
(29-12-2011 11:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If I ever finish this book of Kant, I'm gonna hafta get me a book of Nietzsche. That's eternal reoccurrence. Wink

Grumble, grumble, philosophy, mumble, mumble... why does it hafta be so dang philosophical? I can guess. He saw the wheels within wheels but he misinterpreted the precession. I would assume from what you post and what little I know of the cat that he was pessimistic about the future as he may have seen a version of "same shit different age." I postulate "misinterpreted" because I am optimistic that some shit actually takes an age to grow out of - like Christianity, or money, or locality. Wink

What do you want HoC, unphilosophical philosophy; very rare that.

Poor old Nietezshe loved life, particularly the mountains, women and greasy sausages. He tried to be active despite his poor health; kind too, it is claimed that before he went crazy (syphilis) he tried to disarm a man whipping a horse.

Kant, on the other hand was much more conservative what with his caregorical imperative, noumenal world etc........HNY........Cool
30-12-2011, 05:35 PM
(28-12-2011 02:27 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2011 09:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  So much for that; as a seemingly avid materialist and atheist he held a weird idea about eternal re occurence......a sort of ground hog day. ... Can any one perhaps provide further info re this seemingly contradictory notion?

Where's the contradiction? Fucker just recognized a specific background resonance and postulated that it might be fixed. ...

I don't tHink Neitzsche was on about background resonance ; he could have been, i will have to try and finfd the sceific book where he makes resefences to E.R......
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
31-12-2011, 02:16 AM
(30-12-2011 05:35 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I don't tHink Neitzsche was on about background resonance ; he could have been, i will have to try and finfd the sceific book where he makes resefences to E.R......

It's a concept not unique to just one syphilis ridden brilliant brain.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.