Eternal universe without Big Bang?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 09:46 AM
RE: Eternal universe without Big Bang?
(18-11-2013 03:04 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Time is a concept do we have it to have worth from it...

Just saying

I can't parse this.

(18-11-2013 03:04 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  (isn't there wave particle duality in electromagnetic radiation, meaning it has a mass too? photons in motion have mass I am told)

Yes.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 10:10 AM
(18-11-2013 09:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 03:04 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Time is a concept do we have it to have worth from it...

Just saying

I can't parse this.

(18-11-2013 03:04 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  (isn't there wave particle duality in electromagnetic radiation, meaning it has a mass too? photons in motion have mass I am told)

Yes.

Quote:In classical electromagnetic theory, light turns out to have energy E and momentum p, and these happen to be related by E = pc. Quantum mechanics introduces the idea that light can be viewed as a collection of "particles": photons. Even though these photons cannot be brought to rest, and so the idea of rest mass doesn't really apply to them, we can certainly bring these "particles" of light into the fold of equation (1) by just considering them to have no rest mass. That way, equation (1) gives the correct expression for light, E = pc, and no harm has been done. Equation (1) is now able to be applied to particles of matter and "particles" of light. It can now be used as a fully general equation, and that makes it very useful.

~from http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Pa..._mass.html

Hadda go double check; originally I was like what!? 'cause, you know, philosophy. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2013, 08:36 AM

Hey, hey, they are completely aware that we're talking about their RATIONAL science method. Lol. That Mike Huttner guy wrote, "Looks like somebody joined up here, did a bunch of good ol' sleuthing and then ran to The Thinking Atheist's forum and they all had a turn pissing on the RSM & Rope Hypothesis, as was to be expected!"

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t-Big-Bang

Anyone want to join and tear them all apart?"

If they're really want to tear that apart, well that's gonna be fun btw.

Then Clapton Es Dios said, " Right of the bat they will accuse you of "doing philosophy, not science"; they already have, in fact.

That houseofcantor dude wrote: «Generally, mathematics don't give a fuck about reality. It is more concerned with modeling reality.» and «I'm also mathematical in that I internalize models of reality rather than speculate upon "actual reality."»
Am I wrong if I, loosely, interpret that as "reality is not real, only mathematical models of reality are real?

18 hours ago · Like"

If you want to look more into their, somewhat funny discussion you can read it here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rational...p_activity
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Facebook is for Gwynnies. Heart

Yet, occasionally, I join in the discussion about The Vampire Diaries, and when some fucktard comes by talking smack about my vampires, I get all kinds of unhappy. Which is to say, they got their little happy corner, we got our little happy corner, I see no incentive to go over there and talk smack about their vampires. Thumbsup

30-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Don't know if its been mentioned yet, because I can't be arsed reading through the whole thread...

But does anyone have any understanding of Stephen Hawking's "No Boundary Condition"?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
30-11-2013, 11:51 AM
(30-11-2013 11:37 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  But does anyone have any understanding of Stephen Hawking's "No Boundary Condition"?

I believe that theory's been depreciated due to the COBE findings. Consider

30-11-2013, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 12:17 PM by Chas.)
(30-11-2013 11:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 11:37 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  But does anyone have any understanding of Stephen Hawking's "No Boundary Condition"?

I believe that theory's been depreciated due to the COBE findings. Consider

deprecated

[Image: GrammarNaziTiny.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2013, 12:20 PM
(30-11-2013 12:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 11:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I believe that theory's been depreciated due to the COBE findings. Consider

deprecated

[Image: 2013-11-30_131916_zpsd09e4c5b.png]

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-11-2013, 12:23 PM
(30-11-2013 12:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 12:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  deprecated

[Image: 2013-11-30_131916_zpsd09e4c5b.png]

Angel

logophilia
1. A fondness for words; the love of words.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, while my universe isn't eternal and always comes at an alarming rate, the Bang is usually quick, fast, and it's results are long and running all over my local universe.
Find all posts by this user