Euro break up???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 04:20 AM by bemore.)
Euro break up???
Anti austerity in greece Thumbsup

Greece's moderate left says no government possible
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18055629

Greece euro exit fears rattle stock markets
Traders rush to sell shares ahead of talks in Athens and Brussels as fears grow that Greece will crash out of eurozone

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/...sfeed=true

Some interesting times ahead...... if they do go anti austerity could this be a catalyst for some sort of "arab revoloution" springing out throughout europe??? If they do leave the Eurozone then surely this will have an impact on the rest of the toxic "debt" that europe holds???

How they handle that will be interesting Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: Euro break up???
What will happen if Greece leaves the eurozone?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18067764
(sorry for quoting biased media Wink )

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-05-2012, 07:56 AM
I doubt that greece leaving the eurozone would be the best choice, it takes time for a country to recover after a crisis, leaving the euro now would be getting back into problems, trust me, I'm not an economist Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
15-05-2012, 08:14 AM
If Greece leaves the Euro it'll cause a shock to every economy to some extent but the impact on the Greeks would be horrendous. They'd be lucky if their reinstated currency was worth half of the Euro. That on top of making investors afraid of putting more money into a country that seems hell bent of financial ruin. While they may hurt the Euro in the short term they'll really just hurt themselves.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Shortly said, austerity measures don't work, experts should know that since the 30's. They only lead the country into a downwards spiral, more austerity measures means less spending, which means less business, less jobs, less taxes paid, lesser state budget and worse rating of economy. The last one is important, because bad rating allows the financial agencies to take away the country's "financial rights", that is, raise interest on the loans. Thus the country goes even more into the debt.

And when the country can't pay back the interest to financial institutions, they can appoint their representatives into the government without bothering with elections. Which is an attack on democracy. This is how financial business can just take over the state.

For exact names, numbers and terms look here:
http://www.other-news.info/2011/12/europ...oup-detat/

There are already demonstrations in Europe. They're ignored, so I hope they'll grow into revolutions. The whole system is corrupt and controlled by financial/business mafia. The financial markets can do tricks with money that should never have been allowed by laws.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 3 users Like Luminon's post
20-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I think the prime concern should be if Greece goes bust.
If Greece goes bust it will effect German and French banks hard which in turn will effect the USA considering the EU is your biggest trade partner.
The EU can cope without Greece.

The US wouldn't be in such a situation if they just sucked it up and traded with Asia, the Middle East, South America and Africa more.
If everyone traded with everyone more then what they'd share the load so to speak, then the financial crisis wouldn't be so bad because if one part of the link went feet up then at least you have several other trade partners rather then just one major one.

That is my prediction for the future, a world where everyone is trading a lot more world wide. It will be safer, in the case of recession, and it will be overall better as developing countries can rapidly develop. Then if everyone is close to a developed country then you have far closer reality to efficient allocation of resources rather then just go here because it is cheap. aka it is just better.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]