European Child Marriage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 01:34 PM
European Child Marriage?
http://www.newstalk.com/reader/47.301/68196/0/

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index...riage.html

Something that was challenged by the social manager in the municipality.

- I think there would be pretty strong reactions if a Swedish-born girl told me that she was married. But the reactions are obviously not as strong when children come from other countries, he says to Ekot.

Even the Swedish Tax Board approved of the marriage, by registering the couple as married when they received a residence permit. A decision that the Authority now believes was a mistake.

- It is unfortunate that it happened. It is probably inattention, simply a mistake, says Per Skogh from Swedish Tax, to Ekot.

As recently as last year Sweden tightened the rules against child marriages. It is no longer possible to get special permission to get married if you are under 18 years old. Also new offenses that will strengthen protection against forced marriage were introduced.

Since 2009, the practice has been not to accept marriage with children under 15 years.

- It is a good legislation which has made it clear that child marriage is not allowed in Sweden, says Aleksander Gabelic, chairman of the Swedish UN Association, to Aftonbladet.

He is critical of the authorities' actions in this case which he says discriminates between people and nations.

- It's remarkable that one can have different laws for native Swedes and those who come here from another country, he says.

Ragnhild Ekelund from the social emergency service in Gothenburg would not comment on individual cases, but says it may be right to place the child with the adult partner.

- The question is where security is for a person. It could be that security is the partner they came with, she says to Ekot.

Aleksander Gabelic do not buy that argument.

- For the vast majority of children, security is to avoid the marriage that they might have been forced into, he says to Aftonbladet.

This case was only cleared up because it reached media, but how many similar cases are there?

Is it just me or is marrying a 15 year still child rape?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: European Child Marriage?
(18-03-2016 01:34 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  http://www.newstalk.com/reader/47.301/68196/0/

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index...riage.html

Something that was challenged by the social manager in the municipality.

- I think there would be pretty strong reactions if a Swedish-born girl told me that she was married. But the reactions are obviously not as strong when children come from other countries, he says to Ekot.

Even the Swedish Tax Board approved of the marriage, by registering the couple as married when they received a residence permit. A decision that the Authority now believes was a mistake.

- It is unfortunate that it happened. It is probably inattention, simply a mistake, says Per Skogh from Swedish Tax, to Ekot.

As recently as last year Sweden tightened the rules against child marriages. It is no longer possible to get special permission to get married if you are under 18 years old. Also new offenses that will strengthen protection against forced marriage were introduced.

Since 2009, the practice has been not to accept marriage with children under 15 years.

- It is a good legislation which has made it clear that child marriage is not allowed in Sweden, says Aleksander Gabelic, chairman of the Swedish UN Association, to Aftonbladet.

He is critical of the authorities' actions in this case which he says discriminates between people and nations.

- It's remarkable that one can have different laws for native Swedes and those who come here from another country, he says.

Ragnhild Ekelund from the social emergency service in Gothenburg would not comment on individual cases, but says it may be right to place the child with the adult partner.

- The question is where security is for a person. It could be that security is the partner they came with, she says to Ekot.

Aleksander Gabelic do not buy that argument.

- For the vast majority of children, security is to avoid the marriage that they might have been forced into, he says to Aftonbladet.

This case was only cleared up because it reached media, but how many similar cases are there?

Is it just me or is marrying a 15 year still child rape?
I would agree. Sexual acts and marriage is complicated and I don't think that younger teens are able to handle the commitment and the complexity of it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
18-03-2016, 03:28 PM
I've got a friend she got married when she was like 15, I think she got married in Alabama or somewhere.

He was 15 years older than she. At the time, we really thought she was totally stupid or worse.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Personally I think it's child abuse either way, and the fact that refugees have child wives makes my brain explode. Not to mention the recent legal rule that recognized child brides in Danish and Swedish courts.

To me it's disgusting, repugnant, and horrifying, that any nation would be tolerate such a crime.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post