European Dominance From the Black death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: European Dominance From the Black death?
(15-05-2013 08:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 08:43 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  How does he account for the increase in banking innovation that sparked the credit boom that caused the increase in wealth that later helped to leave enormous piles of money laying around the dead?

Sorry bb, this is all I could find, the paper is not yet on the web as a pdf like his previous work.

Oh damn. I was thinking you'd read the work and had just linked to a pertinent excerpt.

I'd really like to know the answer to my question, although I don't expect it to be in his work. To clarify, from an economics perspective, there's likely a reference to when financial innovations occurred and who invented them but I'm more interested in the why.

That sort of unanswered question is, in my opinion, a huge disservice to knowledge. We do a lot with science now but the disciplines are still too segregated.

Regarding historical events, there should be an interdisciplinary examination including archaeology, anthropology, sociology, psychology and probably a few other ologies I'm not thinking of right now.

Cause like, if you hire a carpenter to fix your toilet... he's gonna use a hammer. Not all jobs can be done with a hammer.

For those.... we need duct tape. Tongue

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: European Dominance From the Black death?
(15-05-2013 08:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 08:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Sorry bb, this is all I could find, the paper is not yet on the web as a pdf like his previous work.

Oh damn. I was thinking you'd read the work and had just linked to a pertinent excerpt.

I'd really like to know the answer to my question, although I don't expect it to be in his work. To clarify, from an economics perspective, there's likely a reference to when financial innovations occurred and who invented them but I'm more interested in the why.

That sort of unanswered question is, in my opinion, a huge disservice to knowledge. We do a lot with science now but the disciplines are still too segregated.

Regarding historical events, there should be an interdisciplinary examination including archaeology, anthropology, sociology, psychology and probably a few other ologies I'm not thinking of right now.

Cause like, if you hire a carpenter to fix your toilet... he's gonna use a hammer. Not all jobs can be done with a hammer.

For those.... we need duct tape. Tongue

Having read a few of Hooper's papers he is usually detailed, lets see when it finally comes out. I'll keep an eye out.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post