Euthanasia anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: Euthanasia anyone?
(20-10-2013 06:10 AM)Troll Wrote:  The only explanation i can get is because healthy people dont like thinking about time when they will be seriously ill and seriously ill people are to weak to get involved in changing the laws.

I think another big reason is the religious majority being afraid of that taboo of consciously choosing to end a human life. Which btw completely baffles me, why not send grandpa to heaven a few days earlier? But, "thou shall not kill". wouldn't want to show some compassion for little Johnny who has lost his long battle with cancer, and will spend his last few days in unimaginable agony.

Sorry, I went a little crazy there, I'm just really passionate about this issue.

I'm currently looking into ways to help the death with dignity cause in my area.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 09:21 AM
(20-10-2013 06:23 AM)Troll Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 07:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think that the death with dignity laws should only apply to the terminally ill or very old or totally disabled. Everyone else can go and do their own thing if they wish, only the aforementioned need help doing it.

If you believe suicide is the right of individual - then why not help them do it in painless and safe way?
Do you know great majority of suicide attempts are unsuccessful, many of them end in serious injuries. And even suicider who re successful are likely to suffer quite some pain before death. Why not avoiding all that pain and provide cheap and safe suicide method and some professional advice for these people (which will lead them where they want to be, not to be locked in mental hospital)?

You can search suicide online and on youtube and find several very explicit descriptions of how to do it painlessly and effectively.

Thousands of people have "go bags" in their possession. Anyone can obtain or make them. There are organizations that will assist. The cost is minimal and anyone at all can obtain the components with ease.

In this day and age, there is no reason to launch botched suicide attempts. Yes, it takes a little planning, but spur of the moment suicides are generally of the kind that are committed on the basis of a temporary strong emotion and would not happen the next day. These are not something I approve of. If you can't spend a day or two planning and executing the plan, you are not committing rational suicide.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-10-2013, 01:04 PM
(20-10-2013 09:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  You can search suicide online and on youtube and find several very explicit descriptions of how to do it painlessly and effectively.

Thousands of people have "go bags" in their possession. Anyone can obtain or make them. There are organizations that will assist. The cost is minimal and anyone at all can obtain the components with ease.

In this day and age, there is no reason to launch botched suicide attempts. Yes, it takes a little planning, but spur of the moment suicides are generally of the kind that are committed on the basis of a temporary strong emotion and would not happen the next day. These are not something I approve of. If you can't spend a day or two planning and executing the plan, you are not committing rational suicide.

I can tell you how these things work in my coutry, which has a rather high suicide rate. Things are similar elswhere.

The methods most people use to commit suicide here is hanging. So if "the experts" use this method, which is at least a bit painful, i m pretty sure it cant be that easy.

Anyone who would help a person making such bag, knowing it will be used to make suicide, can be imprisoned for few years.

And no, most of the time is not based on temporary strong emotion(except perhaps among teens). Most of the times it s the outcome after years of depression and failures. Loneliness, feelings of uselessness and bad health contribute a lot to it. That s why suicide rate is increasing with age. It s much more common among men than women. Even if media present typical suicider as teenage girl cutting her wrists, people who make successful attempts mainly arent like that.

Trolls are holy race. Eduard Khil is our god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
27-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I tend to favouring voluntary euthanasia but I harbour doubts.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Jim Goad but he recently essayed on this theme:

Softly Putting the Monster to Sleep

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
27-10-2013, 04:51 PM
(20-10-2013 01:04 PM)Troll Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 09:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  You can search suicide online and on youtube and find several very explicit descriptions of how to do it painlessly and effectively.

I can tell you how these things work in my coutry, which has a rather high suicide rate. Things are similar elswhere.

The methods most people use to commit suicide here is hanging. So if "the experts" use this method, which is at least a bit painful, i m pretty sure it cant be that easy.

Anyone who would help a person making such bag, knowing it will be used to make suicide, can be imprisoned for few years.

And no, most of the time is not based on temporary strong emotion(except perhaps among teens). Most of the times it s the outcome after years of depression and failures. Loneliness, feelings of uselessness and bad health contribute a lot to it. That s why suicide rate is increasing with age. It s much more common among men than women. Even if media present typical suicider as teenage girl cutting her wrists, people who make successful attempts mainly arent like that.

No one can physically help you make a go bag. That's against the law. But the materials needed are simple and anyone can buy them, and it is not illegal to give out information about them. Go bags are fast and painless and easy to use.

Most people who commit suicide are elderly and choose not to be bed ridden for years, or mentally totally incapacitated. The people who take advantage of the "death with dignity act" are all terminally ill, that is what the law stipulates.

Hanging is brutal. Something should be done about that, it's barbaric.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-10-2013, 05:05 PM
(27-10-2013 04:37 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  I tend to favouring voluntary euthanasia but I harbour doubts.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Jim Goad but he recently essayed on this theme:

Softly Putting the Monster to Sleep

-- Max

Certainly interesting. But - I am dead set against involuntary euthanasia. Terminal children - tough call really. The poor kid has no rights. Parents hold on to them because they dread going home from the hospital and never seeing their kid again. It's understandable. It's also selfish. The one who has no say and who suffers is the poor kid, and this can't change because then we get too close to what Hitler did to people in hospitals and institutions. And that is totally unacceptable.

The current Death with Dignity act stipulates that you must be terminal and able to administer the drug yourself. There are thousands of elderly people who don't want to risk living long enough to become unable to administer the drug themselves and use a go bag or a gun instead. This is self determination, and I am all for that. I will likely use it when my time comes.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post