Euthanasia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2018, 05:18 PM
RE: Euthanasia?
(09-02-2018 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 04:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  Tony Nicklinson

He starved to death.

I have a friend whose father did the same thing in a nursing home after a stroke by refusing feedings. My kids know where my bag is and how to employ and dispose of it in under 10 minutes. Won't happen to me. Starvation ain't my ticket out, nitrogen is. While tripping my balls off under a shitload of LSD and PCP. I feel like it's a fundamental personal responsibility to have plans in case of these unfortunate events.

My father-in-law tried, but his wife overrode him. He had "DNR" written all over his paperwork and above his bed, but she overrode that, too. My husband and his brothers weren't in the decision-making loop. Everytime my father-in-law was resuscitated, he cried. He hated my mother-in-law so much by the end, he wouldn't even look at her. He'd been an active man all his life. Grew up on a farm and spent his adulthood building houses. This was 20 years ago. Things have changed since then.We have seen progress.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sushisnake's post
09-02-2018, 05:34 PM
(09-02-2018 04:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  Some of us are going to die the way they've lived, Girly, unloved and alone. Ever thought of that Dodgy

You gonna die alone, Vera, we all gonna die alone, but rest assured that you will not die unloved. Heart

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2018, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 09:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-02-2018 05:18 PM)Sushisnake Wrote:  My father-in-law tried, but his wife overrode him. He had "DNR" written all over his paperwork and above his bed, but she overrode that, too. My husband and his brothers weren't in the decision-making loop. Everytime my father-in-law was resuscitated, he cried. He hated my mother-in-law so much by the end, he wouldn't even look at her. He'd been an active man all his life. Grew up on a farm and spent his adulthood building houses. This was 20 years ago. Things have changed since then.We have seen progress.

This is why I haven't shared my Go bag with my ManlyGirl. I know she couldn't handle it. I don't want her to have to handle it. I expect my kids to respect my wishes. Their inheritance depends on it.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2018, 06:18 PM
(09-02-2018 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 05:18 PM)Sushisnake Wrote:  My father-in-law tried, but his wife overrode him. He had "DNR" written all over his paperwork and above his bed, but she overrode that, too. My husband and his brothers weren't in the decision-making loop. Everytime my father-in-law was resuscitated, he cried. He hated my mother-in-law so much by the end, he wouldn't even look at her. He'd been an active man all his life. Grew up on a farm and spent his adulthood building houses. This was 20 years ago. Things have changed since then.We have seen progress.

This is why I haven't shared my Go bag with my ManlyGirl. I know she couldn't handle it. I expect my kids to respect my wishes. Their inheritance depends on it.

I haven't got a Go bag, girly, but rest assured I'll get a contents list and put one together. My son knows and respects my wishes. He didn’t know his paternal grandfather, but he's in the same state of Limbo-grief me and Mum are for my Stepdad. Dementia's a cunt of a thing. My Dad was terrified of it all his life because it took his mother. She spent years curled in the foetal position, mind long gone, years and years before. It took my Dad's mind within a week. He would have suicided if he'd had the time. He asked us to shoot him in the head if he ever got dementia and couldn't do it himself.
[+] 1 user Likes Sushisnake's post
09-02-2018, 07:55 PM
(09-02-2018 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You gonna die alone, Vera, we all gonna die alone, but rest assured that you will not die unloved. Heart

You might be right, Girly, my dear.

"No help, Raja, my part is agony,
struggle, abjection, self-love, and self-hate..."

(That's Czeslaw Milosz whom I might have mentioned to you before. Some have compared him to T.S. Eliot. We weren't amused Dodgy )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
09-02-2018, 09:12 PM
(09-02-2018 06:18 PM)Sushisnake Wrote:  I haven't got a Go bag, girly ...

You need a Go bag., Sushisnake. I'm telling you, get your own Go bag. ... it starts with your towel. Never forget your towel. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2018, 09:17 PM
(09-02-2018 07:55 PM)Vera Wrote:  You might be right, Girly, my dear.

I just wanna GirlyBear hug you right now. ... No pedo.

[Image: GCK133n.jpg]

#sigh
10-02-2018, 12:25 AM
(09-02-2018 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 06:18 PM)Sushisnake Wrote:  I haven't got a Go bag, girly ...

You need a Go bag., Sushisnake. I'm telling you, get your own Go bag. ... it starts with your towel. Never forget your towel. Big Grin

No Of course not! I'm a woman to be reckoned with! I'm always good for a
toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear and space suit, too. And I never panic. Can't even spell "panic".
10-02-2018, 07:41 AM
(09-02-2018 09:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No pedo.

Haha. I'm pretty sure I officially count as a cougar or something.

[Image: Wi6Zmt.gif]

Or would, if I was actually looking for sex Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2018, 01:59 PM
(09-02-2018 03:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think it's so much withholding anything from the patient, but respecting their wishes.

Yes.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."