Euthanasia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Euthanasia?
I believe that people should be allowed to be euthanized if emotionally they can't take it anymore. Emotional agony is just as bad as physical agony.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2017, 05:06 PM
I don't think it's the government's business and there shouldn't be much more to it than getting a flu shot. They could make little suicide booths so no one else would have to deal with it.
30-05-2017, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 05:41 PM by Vera.)
I strongly advise *against* trolling this thread. There are a bunch of other threads to choose from, so I'd like to warn anyone who might be inclined to leave their shit here that they're barking up the wrong tree.

Just a fair warning. Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
30-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Euthanasia?
(30-05-2017 05:06 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't think it's the government's business and there shouldn't be much more to it than getting a flu shot. They could make little suicide booths so no one else would have to deal with it.

The way you put it sounds a bit crass.

It's better to have governmental approval so the doctor won't get sued by the family for assisting. Other than that I agree that it isn't any of their business.

The suicide booth sounds fucked up. Someone would have to deal with it after it happened. Also, there would be depressed people that would use it. Depressed people need help, not death.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
30-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Dominion over our own bodies should not be a government issue. That's not a troll Vera. And next up isn't even an opinion, it's a fact: No one who has ever killed themselves regretted it. Completely sure fire attempts to die aren't a call for help. Why make it hard? It's not crass. In fact, it's very hard to even argue that suicide is a bad thing. It's a personal decision.
30-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Actually, my post (as I thought the underlined word made it clear (then again, won't be the first time my round-about way of saying things has been misinterpreted Rolleyes ) wasn't aimed at you, Fred.

No, I don't think it should be as easy as getting a flu shot, not if you're engaging someone else's help in ending your life, but I didn't mean you.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
30-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Euthanasia?
(30-05-2017 06:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Dominion over our own bodies should not be a government issue. That's not a troll Vera. And next up isn't even an opinion, it's a fact: No one who has ever killed themselves regretted it. Completely sure fire attempts to die aren't a call for help. Why make it hard? It's not crass. In fact, it's very hard to even argue that suicide is a bad thing. It's a personal decision.

Every person on this planet has contemplated suicide during bad times of their life. Making it easier by having a checkout booth is asinine. Most people look back and think "what was I thinking?" Let's not make it so easy to check out.

I think suicide or euthanasia should be decided by someone that is of sound mind. Someone that is terminally ill and suffering can make a rational choice. Someone that is depressed can't.
30-05-2017, 07:16 PM
I said this elsewhere but after America finally flushes the orange turd down the toilet maybe we can actually start caring for the mentally ill. I'm a teacher so you would think I would ok health insurance but when I cried out that I needed help I went to our free counseling service and it was worthless. With paid visits the office of therapists don't even have a psychiatrist to answer to. When I insisted that I needed a psychiatrist to my health insurance they gave me names. I called all the names and either they didn't take the insurance or they weren't taking patients. I can just say hey I'm suicidal but then they just stick you in a screaming hell hole for 48 hours. Plus, I'm not suicidal. It was in my mind a lot for about five years though. There's not much point in talking about it because I wasn't going to do it. And if I had decided to go through with it I would have just gotten on with it quickly. What I needed was psychiatric care and competent counseling but it was not and is not available. I guess what I'm saying is, instead of concerning ourselves with methods after people get there, we need to provide help for people way earlier on so they don't get there. Once you're there it's so fucking bad. Suicide isn't the sad part. Getting there is. This isn't only the declining incurable progressive diseases like brain cancer or dementia which I guess is where this thread started. I'm talking about depression and wanting to die.
31-05-2017, 04:18 AM
(30-05-2017 06:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  And next up isn't even an opinion, it's a fact: No one who has ever killed themselves regretted it.

Blink

Wow, you're certainly of this "fact", is kinda funny Fred.
Even on an Atheist's message board.

You have to be odd to be #1.
31-05-2017, 06:58 AM
(30-05-2017 05:53 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 05:06 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't think it's the government's business and there shouldn't be much more to it than getting a flu shot. They could make little suicide booths so no one else would have to deal with it.

The way you put it sounds a bit crass.

It's better to have governmental approval so the doctor won't get sued by the family for assisting. Other than that I agree that it isn't any of their business.

The suicide booth sounds fucked up. Someone would have to deal with it after it happened. Also, there would be depressed people that would use it. Depressed people need help, not death.

Dodgy Don't tell me what I need. I feel the need to have those booths an awful lot sometimes. Why should that need be invalid?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post