Euthanasia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Euthanasia?
Like Szuchow said, "T4 action was just state sponsored murder. Calling it euthanasia only serve to besmirch a noble deed with monstrous connotations."

Not being able to tell the difference between that and voluntary euthanasia is at best MAJOR ignorance.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
11-06-2017, 06:42 PM
That's why we choose things like "death with dignity" to label our laws. The word euthanasia still carries a very dark connotation, but it's hard to object to death with dignity.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-06-2017, 06:50 PM
No, I understand. But in the context of this thread and frankly, in how pretty much everyone uses the word today (*and* how it is primarily defined in dictionaries and encyclopaedias), that was a Facepalm -worthy comment. And I actually like the word and its origin: 1640s, "a gentle and easy death," from Greek euthanasia "an easy or happy death," from eu- "good" + thanatos "death" + abstract noun ending -ia. Slightly earlier in Englished form euthanasy (1630s). Sense of "legally sanctioned mercy killing" is recorded in English by 1869.

25-06-2017, 08:46 AM
I think it should be 100% allowed. I believe in America certain people have this false sanctity of life idea. Someone's life is in their hands and it should be up to them how they go. Because believe it or not, no one's life is pre-ordained by some god man
[+] 2 users Like borncrosseyed's post
25-06-2017, 12:05 PM
(25-06-2017 08:46 AM)borncrosseyed Wrote:  I think it should be 100% allowed. I believe in America certain people have this false sanctity of life idea. Someone's life is in their hands and it should be up to them how they go. Because believe it or not, no one's life is pre-ordained by some god man

And not just in America, borncrosseyed*, unfortunately. "You can't play god", they say. Well, guess what, he's doing such a shitty job, it's high time he was sacked,fired, terminated. Axed. The last one - literally. That is, if he actually existed.

I am so sorry, but your username reminds me of The IT Crowd, I just can't help it Blush

Welcome to TTA, I guess Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
25-06-2017, 09:04 PM
(10-06-2017 03:24 PM)adey67 Wrote:  ... the only part the government should be involved with is passing the legislation to make it possible and legal.

And why should government be involved?

Are you suggesting that the government owns your body?

Because that would be wrong-thinking.

(11-06-2017 06:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  Probably the root for that is Hitler and what he did in the hospitals...

It goes back long before Hitler.

(11-06-2017 06:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's why we choose things like "death with dignity" to label our laws. The word euthanasia still carries a very dark connotation, but it's hard to object to death with dignity.

Good point.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
25-06-2017, 09:11 PM
(16-04-2017 03:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think it's a crime that when my dad was at the end and suffering with pain that could not be eased, his only option was to have his lady friend drive to his house and get his prescription of Oxy so that he could take an overdose.

He was in a facility and was on palliative care only. I watched one of the nurses slump against the wall, in tears, outside his room because she could not give him enough medication to relieve his pain without killing him.

I know dad's friend still agonizes over the decision. Dad wasn't able to do it himself and he didn't ask any of us kids to do it while we were there just a week before. My brother wouldn't have. My sister may have...I would have because it was ridiculous to have him just wither away in his own waste.

It's inhumane to make a person die like that...especially when they are fully aware of what's going on and can articulate same.

When a person makes an informed decision to speed up the inevitable and to escape some of the pain there should be allowances for that to happen.

I take Metformin 1000 milligrams twice per day. This is for diabetes and to control blood sugar. An uncle let two of us his son and I know that he was going to escape his constant pain by ending it all with taking 10 metformin and going into a diabetic coma and "Falling out the other side" As he put it. It worked for him and it is my plan if I even get to that point. His constant pain was not from diabetes, but other problems he had. THough his eyesight was failing due to diabetes,
25-06-2017, 09:17 PM
(25-06-2017 09:04 PM)Mircea Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 03:24 PM)adey67 Wrote:  ... the only part the government should be involved with is passing the legislation to make it possible and legal.

Because governments, fucktard, are responsible for legislation. Are you incapable of reading, on top of thinking?

Idiot.

Quote:Because that would be wrong-thinking.

Well, you'd be the expert on that. Not the thinking part, that is. The wrong one Drinking Beverage

25-06-2017, 11:20 PM
(25-06-2017 09:04 PM)Mircea Wrote:  
Because currently it's illegal and in most areas can result in prison sentence. If the government does not make it possible and legal, then anyone who helps is considered a criminal and can be charged with a crime. Often this can be a felony.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
28-06-2017, 03:11 PM
(25-06-2017 09:11 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I take Metformin 1000 milligrams twice per day. This is for diabetes and to control blood sugar. An uncle let two of us his son and I know that he was going to escape his constant pain by ending it all with taking 10 metformin and going into a diabetic coma and "Falling out the other side" As he put it. It worked for him and it is my plan if I even get to that point. His constant pain was not from diabetes, but other problems he had. Though his eyesight was failing due to diabetes,
I take Metformin also although I would not want to count on a hypoglycemic episode to take me out. I'd favor asphyxiation with helium. Far more certain and less error-prone. My greatest fear would be to go out of the frying pan, into the fire with some awful disability.

People who want to die as surely and painlessly (and unmessily) as possible should be consulting Final Exit or a similar credible book. Too many use less than reliable methods that are not tested or well thought out.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post