Euthanasia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Euthanasia?
(08-05-2018 12:56 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(08-05-2018 12:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  ..There are no souls, all we are is as a result of our brains and the biochemical and electrical impulses within, nothing more, not a jot, nothing.

What about the ghosts/spirits/poltergeists etc that are sometimes caught on camera in TV shows like Ghost Encounters, are they souls or what?

Dude seriously have you ever seen one of those shows ? Ever wondered why they have a disclaimer that its for entertainment purposes only? Didn't it occur to you that this is a gigantic admission that the show is not genuine, if it was truthful why the heck would you need to add a caveat to prevent from being sued ?!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
08-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Lets try to keep this thread on the topic of euthanasia.

It's an important topic. There are soul/less discussions all over this forum.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-05-2018, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018 09:15 AM by Propwash.)
(08-05-2018 01:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lets try to keep this thread on the topic of euthanasia...

Yes this thread has run to 14 pages so far and as I'm a latecomer to it I don't have time to sift through all the posts, so what's the consensus of opinion so far?
Personally I think euthanasia is fine to put people out of their misery, or am I missing something?
PS- well-known Brit actor Brian Rix once voted against euthanasia, but when he was struck down by a painful disease in old age he changed his mind and wished he could be euthanased but it's against the law so he was left to die miserably.
09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
(09-05-2018 09:10 AM)Propwash Wrote:  
(08-05-2018 01:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lets try to keep this thread on the topic of euthanasia...

Yes this thread has run to 14 pages so far and as I'm a latecomer to it I don't have time to sift through all the posts, so what's the consensus of opinion so far?
Personally I think euthanasia is fine to put people out of their misery, or am I missing something?
PS- well-known Brit actor Brian Rix once voted against euthanasia, but when he was struck down by a painful disease in old age he changed his mind and wished he could be euthanased but it's against the law so he was left to die miserably.

I believe that your life is the only thing you truly own, you spend all your time trying to shape it the way you would like it to be. You should have the right to decide when to fold it. We all feel things differently - some have lots of tolerance of pain and adversity, some do not. People should be able to decide for themselves when it gets to be too much to bear.

Some states in the US have "death with dignity" acts that provide people with terminal illnesses with a way to exit peacefully at their own discretion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-05-2018, 02:43 PM
(09-05-2018 09:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  I believe that your life is the only thing you truly own, you spend all your time trying to shape it the way you would like it to be. You should have the right to decide when to fold it..

Yes but at the moment here in Britain the only way to end it is messily by jumping off a building or bridge or laying down on railways tracks or drowning etc.
In fact an 80-year-old woman jumped off a multi-storey car park here in Plymouth a couple of years ago.
Other people think that if you can talk your doctor into prescribing sleeping pills, an overdose will kill you, but sadly there's no guarantee, and you might survive with chronic internal organ damage.
Another option is to buy foreign-made "suicide pills" from the internet, but they could be fakes, don't take my word for it, just google around.
Another case in Britain not so long ago was an elderly couple who got some morphine pills off "a friend" and overdosed to kill themselves but it didn't work and they had to call an ambulance because of the side effects.
PS- We haven't even got guns here to blow our brains out!
And just for the record, nowhere does the Bible say suicide is a sin, despite what some cults say..Smile
09-05-2018, 02:46 PM
(09-05-2018 02:43 PM)Propwash Wrote:  And just for the record, nowhere does the Bible say suicide is a sin, despite what some cults say..Smile

How many times do you need to hear this - no one gives a fuck.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-05-2018, 02:54 PM
(09-05-2018 02:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 02:43 PM)Propwash Wrote:  And just for the record, nowhere does the Bible say suicide is a sin, despite what some cults say..Smile
How many times do you need to hear this - no one gives a fuck.

Use it as ammunition to shoot down fundies the next time they try to bully you into thinking suicide is a sin..Smile
As a great prophet once said-

"This is this!"
[Image: this-is-this-2_zpse6d0adca.jpg~original]