Evangelical Christian leaders host hated enemies are....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2011, 02:21 PM
RE: Evangelical Christian leaders host hated enemies are....
Quote:myst32 wrote --->
The fanatics of 9/11 probably did more for our cause than they could ever do for their own. American's could see first hand what strong religious convictions can get you. (Even if in reality it may have had nothing to do with religion in particular)

Unfortunately, it DID seem to help their cause among themselves. It put them ALL in a very dim light with the rest of the world, but that seems to have been their goal.
I have never heard of, anywhere in history, any religion so hellbent on getting their entire creed exterminated as these guys are.
It seems the crazier they get, the more of them that want to jump ON the bandwagon. It seems the more of them you remove from the equation, the more of them that want to join, knowing it may well happen to them too.

Science and knowledge will get through, because the people want it. No government can keep it's people completely in the dark forever, the truth will come out. Knowledge WILL get into your country one way or another, eventually. Your countries leaders feel that they have to block this knowledge because it's the lack of it that keeps the people following the church. As I stated earlier, the knowledge that our kids (in the U.S., and other more open countries) are exposed to today, will one day put religion in it's death throws. Kids are born atheists, then taught religion. If they are taught science too, they can pretty well put things together themselves. It's all there, and not hard to figure out. It just takes an open mind. Religion does not allow that.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2011, 01:21 AM
(05-07-2011 12:10 PM)myst32 Wrote:  
(30-06-2011 01:10 AM)Goddess Aurora Wrote:  Do you really think it'll get worse? I'd hope with the spread of rational thinking it would get better, at least from the general public's point of view and then these leaders would just be a fringe group that nobody listens to anyway. Kinda like the BNP in Britain.

This is just my opinion.... I look at it like this... right now Atheism is small but growing fast. This research shows they [the religious] already consider it a major threat. What do you do when you consider something a major threat? Most people attack it with all their might. As science and reason start to become more and more popular they become more and more a threat... thus the attacks, in my opinion, will become more venomous. You can start to see some of this happening now... When Pope Benedict visited your country and addressed the Queen equating the godless to potential "Nazis". In the USA we have and idiot named Pat Robertson who blames every bad thing that happens on Atheism. There is a major attempt, in my opinion, to get atheism in the news and paint it bad as possible. Sure these people look like morons to you and me but Pat Robertson and the Pope have huge followings. When they speak millions lesson. As our numbers grow, we become a larger target.

I can see your point there. I find it really interesting how differently things have developed on each side of the Atlantic. It's quite ironic that in the US where people originally emmigrated to escape oppressive religious regimes and intentionally set up a secular state are now so hellbent on making it into an officially christian nation. Whereas here, we never really let go of it, our head of state is still the head of the church but based on anecdotal evidence it seems people here are far more relaxed about it all. Then again, maybe it's just because we have a different "enemy" to focus on here. People are putting all their energy into fighting the growing influence of islam.

As for the pope, I don't think there are many in this country who take him too seriously. I know there were crowds of people showing up to see him but I reckon it was more the novelty value rather than caring too much about what he had to say. I mean the guy is known to have personally covered up abuse in the church, hiding child rapists from the law - who can take him seriously as a moral authority? It's laughable. Also incredibly ironic that he's got the balls to link atheism with nazism. Did he take a break from being a catholic when he was part of the nazi youth?? I don't think so. It's unfortunate that I'm going to marry into a german catholic family. They take him a little more seriously down there. Although only a fraction.
[/quote]

(05-07-2011 02:21 PM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  Science and knowledge will get through, because the people want it. No government can keep it's people completely in the dark forever, the truth will come out. Knowledge WILL get into your country one way or another, eventually. Your countries leaders feel that they have to block this knowledge because it's the lack of it that keeps the people following the church. As I stated earlier, the knowledge that our kids (in the U.S., and other more open countries) are exposed to today, will one day put religion in it's death throws. Kids are born atheists, then taught religion. If they are taught science too, they can pretty well put things together themselves. It's all there, and not hard to figure out. It just takes an open mind. Religion does not allow that.

I really hope that this will be the case. It will all come down to who wins the battle of what gets taught in schools though. Even a lot of the kids who are taught about evolution still just get taught the absolute minimum by a teacher who tells them "I have to teach you this and you have to pass the test on it but it's not really true, you don't have to believe it", which of course is reinforced by what they get taught at home.
06-07-2011, 01:48 AM
(06-07-2011 01:21 AM)Goddess Aurora Wrote:  I really hope that this will be the case. It will all come down to who wins the battle of what gets taught in schools though. Even a lot of the kids who are taught about evolution still just get taught the absolute minimum by a teacher who tells them "I have to teach you this and you have to pass the test on it but it's not really true, you don't have to believe it", which of course is reinforced by what they get taught at home.

If a biology teacher told her/his class that evolution wasn't true, I would personally see to it that they are fired and kept from ever teaching again. That is absolutely ridiculous. Science class is not philosophy, we don't teach the "different sides". It's not a controversy, it's simply right. It's the equivalent of not allowing a chemistry teacher to not teach the periodic table of elements because the bible never said anything about plutonium or neon.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
06-07-2011, 06:22 PM
(06-07-2011 01:48 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  If a biology teacher told her/his class that evolution wasn't true, I would personally see to it that they are fired and kept from ever teaching again. That is absolutely ridiculous. Science class is not philosophy, we don't teach the "different sides". It's not a controversy, it's simply right. It's the equivalent of not allowing a chemistry teacher to not teach the periodic table of elements because the bible never said anything about plutonium or neon.

I know this is about to get radical on my part, but I believe that any school teaching creation as a scientific, or historical truth should lose their accreditation and be closed. We have all seen some horrendous blunders on the part of our school systems in the these very pages. It seems the goal of our government is to continue the "Dumbing down of America".

The idea of church, or religion based schools seems entirely unconstitutional to me. But they get away with it because they supposedly teach the required subjects. But then they turn around and teach abhorrent lies to the same kids. It's a disgrace what we have allowed our education system to become. And mark my words, after the next election, regardless who wins, school funding will be cut again. With the schools so financially devastated, who will come to volunteer as teachers in these financially decimated schools? you guessed it....

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
31-07-2011, 06:02 AM
People make claims of killing others in the name of religion.......so if religion was perfect then no claims as such would be made in the first place. But then christians say they aren't "true" christians for doing this, it may be a sin but it is still an unforgivable sin, these people may think they did the right thing and as long as they believe in god doing this.......unfortunately they are still gonna be christians......not atheists.

An atheist killing another person would not claim it being for not believing in anything!

DAMN YOU ALL! I WILL KILL YOU IN THE NAME OF EVOLUTION!!!!
how many times have people heard that in comparison to
ALALALALALALLAALALALLLAAAAHH

Big Grin just can't take dumb things serious sometimes......
31-07-2011, 03:40 PM
The most surprising thing to me about this survey is that 30 percent of Evangelical Protestant leaders have a favorable view of atheists! I would never have guessed it was that high.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.