Evangelical Landlord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Evangelical Landlord
(13-04-2016 08:33 AM)blackcat06 Wrote:  I guess no one here has a social media network in which word travels quickly. I'm an elected official in the neighborhood improvement association. It's something I love to do. I was mostly asking because I'm new to this. But thanks for the stupid-fucking-ass obvious answers. I'm done with this dry-ass forum.

Well, bye.

Some things don't need to be posted on social media. That said...you could have set up a personal and a 'professional' page where you can segregate comments and posts.

Signed...stupid-assed person trying to help you find an answer.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
13-04-2016, 08:54 AM
(13-04-2016 08:30 AM)blackcat06 Wrote:  The reason I asked on this forum was for the un-obvious answers--tips from people who have been atheist for a while. This is month 1 for me.

It's normal to want to be open, especially when you first realize that your views have changed. What people are telling you is that you don't need to be up front about your lack of belief to everybody.

(13-04-2016 08:33 AM)blackcat06 Wrote:  I guess no one here has a social media network in which word travels quickly. I'm an elected official in the neighborhood improvement association. It's something I love to do. I was mostly asking because I'm new to this. But thanks for the stupid-fucking-ass obvious answers. I'm done with this dry-ass forum.

You came here looking for how people who have been atheists for a long time deal with this sort of situation. You got responses detailing exactly that. From what you describe you have a choice, deflect religious inquiries ("I try to keep my beliefs private", "I'm not comfortable discussing religion", etc) and keep living in a place you really like or be open and risk getting evicted. Even if he can't evict you for religious reasons he can make your life there difficult.

You have a choice: do you value the house more that telling the landlord something that is none of his business anyway or is it more important that he know and you have to look for a new place?

I'm sorry you don't like that answer but if you approach other subjects with the same attitude you've shown here then you deserve to lose the house. If you aren't going to listen to people with experience in a matter, why ask them?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
13-04-2016, 09:10 AM
The simple truth is what works. Yes, I've been atheist my life and I've learned the hard way countless times to keep this to myself in most settings.
The believers are the most judgmental group I know, so there is simply no upside to it unless you want to don your shield and pike and get on your horse and do some battle with the windmills.
13-04-2016, 09:19 AM

This is information you neglected to share with us when asking your question.
If you want more than "stupid-fucking-ass obvious answers", ask better fucking questions!
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
13-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Ha!

I love it when people come here, post a problem they claim to have, don't get the answer they like and fire back calling people and the forum names.

Oh well.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-04-2016, 03:36 PM

Rolleyes

Never put anything on a pedestal. Go fuck yourself. Twice.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
13-04-2016, 03:39 PM
He has my sympathies especially with what he posted in his intro. He may figure it out.
13-04-2016, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2016 03:56 PM by Mr. Boston.)
Tie the landlord to his bed and burn the house down. Better that than have to listen to him pray or talk about Jesus every now and then.

One thing I do notice is that lots of people get all caught up in the orgasmic afterglow of their new budding atheism and assume their non-belief has to be as big a deal in their lives and as big a part of their personalities and daily conversations as other people's beliefs are. My non-belief in god(s) isn't significantly more important to me than my non-belief in unicorns. To me one of the best parts of atheism is that I'm just as "devout" whether I tell every person I meet, or nobody at all. While it's one thing to make a logical break from belief in a divine overseer it does seem hard for lots of ex-theists to shake the subconscious feeling that they're being watch - that their atheism needs to be noticed and observed for it to actually count. Most folks I've met who've been atheist for awhile couldn't give a shit what I believe or don't and the feeling is mutual.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
13-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Come to think of it, he did mention that he was gay and out with the landlord, and that being atheist was worse. The more I think about that little gem the less I sympathize. No fucking way can there ever be a comparison like that. Rednecks don't roam the streets looking to beat up atheists.
16-04-2016, 08:40 AM
(13-04-2016 08:46 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

Roar, kittys got claws.

It's not our fault it's an obvious answer.

What where you expecting?

Kick down his fucking door! Point your finger in his face and say. "HEY ASSHOLE! You're god is a bunch of horse shit. And to prove it i'm going to shit and piss on everything you hold dear." Then whip your dick out and do just that. Once the well runs dry, and while the excrement it still wet. See if he has a son and make out hardcore with him. When done stomp out of the room and make sure you shout something bad ass like AMERICA RULES! Or FSM for LIFE!

if i ever feel the need to shout from the roof tops that im an atheist, this is how im doing it.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post