Evangelicals being evil to their "own"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Evangelicals being evil to their "own"
Divorced? We Are Handing You Over To Satan

This is the letter sent by an Evangelical Free Church to a recently divorced member of their congregation. God hates divorce, and by extension, you.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrismenning/div...r-to-satan

[Image: divorced-we-are-handing-you-over-to-sata...185-33.jpg]

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2011, 09:50 PM
RE: Evangelicals being evil to their "own"
Wow, and I thought it was annoying when they came to my door to push their beliefs but this is some nosey bull plop

20-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Ousted from the Vangy club? Oh, big threat! Horrid even.
Christ by the book. And the Evangelicals bristle when people say they've taken the teachings of a revolutionary Rabbi, into cult status.

I doubt the Elders realize that line by line their letter is more Satanic than righteous.
Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2011, 02:40 AM
What exactly does the line "expulsion from the body of christ" mean? Did jesus shit her out? Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
21-01-2011, 03:25 AM
(21-01-2011 02:40 AM)No J. Wrote:  What exactly does the line "expulsion from the body of christ" mean? Did jesus shit her out? Tongue

LMAO I almost spit my tea all over the screen.

Thats disturbing. I almost got kicked out of church once (long story, maybe ill tell it sometime) but they never did anything like that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2011, 10:14 PM
(21-01-2011 03:25 AM)silent_drgn Wrote:  Thats disturbing. I almost got kicked out of church once (long story, maybe ill tell it sometime) but they never did anything like that.

Did it involve any sort of expulsion by you? Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
22-01-2011, 12:04 AM

the evangelical guys says it like if they had met GEEZUS before and GEEZUS gave them the order to write the letter. 100% true in their world of (qoute from tunderf00t) comfortable fantasies.
(21-01-2011 10:14 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(21-01-2011 03:25 AM)silent_drgn Wrote:  Thats disturbing. I almost got kicked out of church once (long story, maybe ill tell it sometime) but they never did anything like that.

Did it involve any sort of expulsion by you? Wink

how did you get kicked out? my friend got kicked out because he used logic and argued with the priest. the priest was like: you are now banished from this holy place, you heretics! begone or something else like that.
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2011, 12:18 AM
(22-01-2011 12:04 AM)the4saken Wrote:  my friend got kicked out because he used logic and argued with the priest. the priest was like: you are now banished from this holy place, you heretics! begone or something else like that.

A few centuries ago your friend would have been burned at the stake for herasy.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
22-01-2011, 07:33 PM
(22-01-2011 12:18 AM)No J. Wrote:  A few centuries ago your friend would have been burned at the stake for herasy.

I'm sure they'd love to do it now too, if they thought they could get away with it.

23-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Some definitely would, and you don't need to go back very far in American history for evidence to support that. However, since big fires can be seen for miles, lynching became popular for a while. See K.K.K.